Goodbye, Toys R Us? * UPDATE: Toys R Us is preparing to liquidate its U.S. operations, sources say*

worked at a TRU for a couple yrs tail end of hs. still keep in touch with the friends i made there. had a blast working there. and we used to scam tf out of the system with collecting and reusing coupons. getting bikes and xbox's and ps3's for $50+ bucks lol. and holding and hiding stock around xmas time and selling them to people that offered us extra bread lmaooo. and fixing the computer system and adding hours the the checks. bro, we were eating. so much fun. damn shame it's over.

I'll always have the memories though. Kids of the future are gonna suck so bad smh.

C2hxpTEXgAA4sYe.jpg

:lol:

TRU lasting this long is amazing. Store was obsolete 15 years ago with Walmart and target taking over. They had to of been operating at a loss for years

KB toys store in he Bayarea back in the days was always in the mall, compact in size or always at an outlet. But I rather have Toys r us than KB.

End of an era. I feel like people born in the 80’s-89 tops had the best childhood.

Every person believes the same thing snd has a legit argument supporting the claim

So where do you take kids to get toys now? target, walmart, etc.? When i was a kid i loved going there and seeing all the toys in person. It sucks that my son will probably never experience that as a kid.

So where do you take kids to get toys now? target, walmart, etc.? When i was a kid i loved going there and seeing all the toys in person. It sucks that my son will probably never experience that as a kid.
You answered your own question. Plenty of stores still sell toys in person.

The whole store doesn't have to be toys for them to enjoy their experience.

They don't know what they are "missing."

They will survive

You answered your own question. Plenty of stores still sell toys in person.

The whole store doesn't have to be toys for them to enjoy their experience.

They don't know what they are "missing."

They will survive
I
You're right. But tru was like a toy warehouse, a little different imo. But things change over time, it is what it is.

I
You're right. But tru was like a toy warehouse, a little different imo. But things change over time, it is what it is.
It was VERY different, but I am saying kids TODAY have not gotten that experience, so it isn't something that they will MISS.

They are fine, their childhood isn't ruined because they can't walk into such a store.

Yes target and Walmart but also iPads and iPhones are toys now and there are more kid friendly games out there such as roblox and Minecraft. Roblox in particular is like kid crack but it’s not really talked about amongst adults

It was VERY different, but I am saying kids TODAY have not gotten that experience, so it isn't something that they will MISS.

They are fine, their childhood isn't ruined because they can't walk into such a store.
I agree w you, they will be fine. I never said it would ruin their childhoods. :lol:

“Generation better than ______” is subjective but discovery and interaction is important to development. Those things are either gone or completely changed. Pretty much all information can be found out with a quick search. No need for any real motivation. Not necessarily a bad thing IF you are aware of different methods. We’ll all witness what this does within the next 15 years

wild thing is I wonder what TRU could've done to keep up with the times.

I think about it in terms of books. Remembers Borders? They just couldn't survive the wave of people changing over to tablets and readers, and their ship sunk....But Barnes & Noble....they created the Nook to stay above water and compete...and they're paperback stores are flourishing once again. They're back to opening new stores.

Clearly there has to be something TRU could've done. While yes, all of these other stores also sell toys, none come close to the sheer volume and variety and options are Toys R Us. It was their split with Amazon that really hurt them I think.

Toys R Us should’ve became more invested in the upcoming technologies for not just children but adults as well. Imagine if they had opening day releases for the newest iPhone of Samsung Galaxy phones. If they had a section that was catered to “toys” for adults like a slight alternative to Best Buy or Walmart’s electronic section they would’ve lasted at least another 5 years.

The Toys R Us in Time Square :smh: man that place changed my life. F.A.O Schwartz used to have the Power Ranger toys imported straight from Japan and they were a season ahead of what they were showing in the US. I’m hurting bruhs, can’t front. Being a Toys R Us kid never left me.

RIP

I did find a Neca 1/4 scale Leonardo Ninja Turtle for half off tho. That was a good deal.

This is sad as hell. We're living in weird times. First it was Toys R Us taking down mom and pop toy stores. Now it's Amazon and other online giants taking down all the big chains. Gonna come a day when there's virtually no brick and mortar retailers.

Back
Top Bottom