Google and Facebook is pursuing Twitter

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I HATE MERGERS
indifferent.gif

word.
this just a way for the same 5 people to monopolize companies for the sake of more money than they need. capitalism is getting #%%%%$@ crazy. 

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

In about 2-4 years, I'll be off the internet for good. NT included.
I find this very hard to believe. EVERYTHING will be based off the "internet" in several years, cloud services, movies, music. your life will revolve around it, and you will not be able to do anything with out it.

so, your lying.

I find this very hard to believe. EVERYTHING will be based off the "internet" in several years, cloud services, movies, music. your life will revolve around it, and you will not be able to do anything with out it.

so, your lying.

this just makes me think that ads will be all over twitter if either one of them buy it...

ads are probably coming anyways

this just makes me think that ads will be all over twitter if either one of them buy it...

ads are probably coming anyways

neukicks wrote:

so, your lying.

Besides the possibility of actually purchasing tangible goods online, my future with the internet is slim. I don't do facebook. I don't do twitter. I would have to agree with you though and say that the music and movies allotment of the online world will probably still be attached to me, but socially - the internet won't be.

The government is pretty much in the process of slimming down the usage amongst Americans as we speak. So by default, we might all be looking at a reduced usage. But as you have it, the world is evolving and the dependence of the internet is increasing, so my prediction may be equivocal..

neukicks wrote:

so, your lying.

Besides the possibility of actually purchasing tangible goods online, my future with the internet is slim. I don't do facebook. I don't do twitter. I would have to agree with you though and say that the music and movies allotment of the online world will probably still be attached to me, but socially - the internet won't be.

The government is pretty much in the process of slimming down the usage amongst Americans as we speak. So by default, we might all be looking at a reduced usage. But as you have it, the world is evolving and the dependence of the internet is increasing, so my prediction may be equivocal..

I wonder if FB would just dead Twitter if they owned it, or keep it going as a separate entity under the FB mother-name..

I wonder if FB would just dead Twitter if they owned it, or keep it going as a separate entity under the FB mother-name..

neukicks wrote:

so, your lying.

Understood. But the things that you see/use on a daily basis, they Washington Post, the NY times, they will all be eliminated because of technology. Your magazines, you won't be getting paychecks, you won't be getting actual mail. The USPS is downsizing because of the availability/usability of the internets. So therefore I think socially, you still will be using it, because old fashioned things are now becoming out of date.

Yes, your right they are trying to, and in some cases for good reasons. The internet has opened up scary holes in vulnerabilities to personal information, and to exploiting people, in an illegal way. You have things like /r/jailbait and things like this that are disgusting and repulsive, which is one way the internet should be "shut down" but soon, your smartphone will run your world. Your CC information will be on it, you'll be able to pay at stores using your phone, you will no longer carry around your CC's/Drivers License etc etc, it will all become bytes of data, made to be very usable.

neukicks wrote:

so, your lying.

Understood. But the things that you see/use on a daily basis, they Washington Post, the NY times, they will all be eliminated because of technology. Your magazines, you won't be getting paychecks, you won't be getting actual mail. The USPS is downsizing because of the availability/usability of the internets. So therefore I think socially, you still will be using it, because old fashioned things are now becoming out of date.

Yes, your right they are trying to, and in some cases for good reasons. The internet has opened up scary holes in vulnerabilities to personal information, and to exploiting people, in an illegal way. You have things like /r/jailbait and things like this that are disgusting and repulsive, which is one way the internet should be "shut down" but soon, your smartphone will run your world. Your CC information will be on it, you'll be able to pay at stores using your phone, you will no longer carry around your CC's/Drivers License etc etc, it will all become bytes of data, made to be very usable.

You're correct.

It's funny that you say that about the USPS, my mail-lady just dropped in an hour ago and she mentioned how their office is downsizing and extracting employees and are beginning to use a machine that sorts mail out to each zone, instead of hand-to-hand labor. That eliminates jobs of course, and but the evolving aspect of it is scary. For us humans to depend on technology to deal with day-to-day essentials, is good for big companies and corporations but will be awful for the job market.

But the whole consolidating date into one big mega-chip card; it's scary. Lot's of pros and cons there..

You're correct.

It's funny that you say that about the USPS, my mail-lady just dropped in an hour ago and she mentioned how their office is downsizing and extracting employees and are beginning to use a machine that sorts mail out to each zone, instead of hand-to-hand labor. That eliminates jobs of course, and but the evolving aspect of it is scary. For us humans to depend on technology to deal with day-to-day essentials, is good for big companies and corporations but will be awful for the job market.

But the whole consolidating date into one big mega-chip card; it's scary. Lot's of pros and cons there..

More about removing potential competition and being antsy about having loads of cash on hand imo. 
No way in hell Twitter is worth that much. Or even an 1/8 of that even 5 years down the line. 

More about removing potential competition and being antsy about having loads of cash on hand imo. 
No way in hell Twitter is worth that much. Or even an 1/8 of that even 5 years down the line. 

Back
Top Bottom