GOOGLE VOICE... is it too good to be true?

Originally Posted by Koudie From BroOklyn

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

Originally Posted by chris boshs neck

Honestly google has so many probolems that people dont even know about that amazing. Google Docs is amazing as well

grin.gif
Am I the only one that does not understand that at all

not sure what he meant either.
I'm sure he meant to say programs/apps instead of problems.

And google voice = google grand central??

Ive had gc for a while, but hardly use it. They assigned me a number and that's the number I give to people when I don't want them knowing my regularcellphone number.

Originally Posted by MECKS

the problem is AT&T is calling for the FCC to regulate it as a mobile provider which may mean the death of google voice.

they snitchin
laugh.gif

I'm willing to give out invites, but I don't see an option as of right now. I have like 3 gmail accounts and I signed up for invites with google voiceat the same time, and I got my second one today, first one was a month ago, still waiting for the third one. Have 3 numbers FTW
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

I love using Google voice. I travel a lot and it really helps me stay in contact with my people. Cheap as hell as well.

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

that is not how it works

google voice acts as middle man in phone calls

lets say you have a friend a guy name Bob and another guy named Mark

Bob wants to call Mark, and Mark has a google voice number

Bob dials Mark's google voice number, this is how the phone call will Work

Bob >>>>Google Voice>>>>>Verizon>>>>>>Mark

Bob basically calls google, google forwards the call to verizon which is marks service provider, then goes to marks phone (goes for text messages as well)

Google voice is free btw

So you need a service provider, Heres what People are doing to TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS!

Verizon and ATT recently started to offer free UNLIMITED calls to 10 people (verizon) 5 people (ATT) on any network, its basically T-mobile 5 faves

That means Mark can choose his mom, his home, Bob and up to 10 people to call for free since hes on verizon

instead of choose 10 people, he chooses 1 number as his Google Voice Number

So if Bob calls mark again, hes calling his google voice number, and Mark is using verizon to talk to Google voice, which Mark has UNLIMITED minutes with ANYONE who calls his google voice number

that may be confusing for many of you, but you guys should take advantage of it

IF YOU WANT FREE UNLIMITED MINUTES^
What if mark wants to call Bob? Does it work on outgoing calls? Like can Mark call google and have google call whoever? And if so would youonly be charged for the call to google and not the call google makes? I need a set up like this.

Basically i got a homeboy who is locked up out of state and they charge him $7 per long distance call so I got a cell phone with a number that would be localfor him to call. So what i am trying to do is set it up so he can call that local cell number and then have the cell phone call any long distance numbersthrough some type of forwarding service. I was gonna sign up with Vonage before i saw this post. Any help on this?

visual voice mail. transcribed text to your google voice app, email, text all at the same time.
pimp.gif

i had an invite while ago, this past july. from the email:

* A personal phone number that rings all of your existing phones when people call
* All of your voicemail in one inbox with unlimited online storage and free voicemail transcripts sent to your phone and email
* Low-priced international calling to over 200 countries and free SMS
* Other powerful features like the first phone spam filter to protect you from unwanted callers, the ability to ListenInTM on your voicemail messages whilethey are being left, conference calling and more

To learn more about Google Voice before registering, visit: http://www.google.com/voice/about

i'll hook it up with invites as soon as i figure out how to do it.

i have the google voice app on my G1 its
pimp.gif
When we'er able to invite i'll give invites to people who want them.

Google = CIA/DOD for all intents and purposes. I'm convinced of it.
laugh.gif

They will def. be recording these calls that they reroute.

Originally Posted by tecca nena

Originally Posted by Koudie From BroOklyn

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

Originally Posted by chris boshs neck

Honestly google has so many probolems that people dont even know about that amazing. Google Docs is amazing as well

grin.gif
Am I the only one that does not understand that at all

not sure what he meant either.
yeah... google documents sucks

he probably meant to say products not problemts. and google docs is really cool dude. the ability for multiple people work on the same document from across theglobe is dope. ....google voice is also cool just as a middle man, u can forward ppl to voicemail, and listen to the voicemail as they leave it.

if thats true, then thats wicked.But i dont think Verizona and other cell phone companies are going to tolerate it.

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

laugh.gif
@ u wanting a sidekick...

and
roll.gif
at u thinking google voice would give u free unlimited callin on a cell phone...

I don't get this, calling to other phones in the us through gv is free right? unless there's some limit. Im thinking you could just cop a phone,umlimited data plan and go.

Originally Posted by jawn piece

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

that is not how it works

google voice acts as middle man in phone calls

lets say you have a friend a guy name Bob and another guy named Mark

Bob wants to call Mark, and Mark has a google voice number

Bob dials Mark's google voice number, this is how the phone call will Work

Bob >>>>Google Voice>>>>>Verizon>>>>>>Mark

Bob basically calls google, google forwards the call to verizon which is marks service provider, then goes to marks phone (goes for text messages as well)

Google voice is free btw

So you need a service provider, Heres what People are doing to TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS!

Verizon and ATT recently started to offer free UNLIMITED calls to 10 people (verizon) 5 people (ATT) on any network, its basically T-mobile 5 faves

That means Mark can choose his mom, his home, Bob and up to 10 people to call for free since hes on verizon

instead of choose 10 people, he chooses 1 number as his Google Voice Number

So if Bob calls mark again, hes calling his google voice number, and Mark is using verizon to talk to Google voice, which Mark has UNLIMITED minutes with ANYONE who calls his google voice number

that may be confusing for many of you, but you guys should take advantage of it

IF YOU WANT FREE UNLIMITED MINUTES^
2w24r3l.jpg

omg my stomach hurts
roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom