Got in a car accident. Need some advice

Originally Posted by SheryarYO

Originally Posted by NiPxD

you don't even deserve to drive

Seriously tho?
grin.gif

I know i made a mistake. But you act like you were never involved, or know anyone who was, in an accident in your life.

seriously though. it's not the fact that you drive like an asian woman (genes no doubt passed down from your mother) and got into an accident...it's the fact that you're now lying about it just because the other guy drives a porsche and is so clearly wealthy and therefore deserves to pay for the damage that you caused to his vehicle.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

you don't even deserve to drive

Seriously tho?
grin.gif

I know i made a mistake. But you act like you were never involved, or know anyone who was, in an accident in your life.

seriously though. it's not the fact that you drive like an asian woman (genes no doubt passed down from your mother) and got into an accident...it's the fact that you're now lying about it just because the other guy drives a porsche and is so clearly wealthy and therefore deserves to pay for the damage that you caused to his vehicle.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Do what's right.

If someone were to hit you and it was their words against yours, wouldn't you want that person to be telling the truth?

On the other hand, ol' boy talked about yo momma! You gon take that?!

Do what's right.

If someone were to hit you and it was their words against yours, wouldn't you want that person to be telling the truth?

On the other hand, ol' boy talked about yo momma! You gon take that?!

Insurance adjusters are pretty smart when it comes to this sort of thing. They see these accidents all the time. It's easy to tell who's at-fault by comparing the damages on each car and who's stories make more sense.

I wouldn't tell either insurance company you were at fault. Just tell them what happened, and let them hammer out who's at-fault. (ex. you had your blinker on checked to make a lane change, porsche came out of no where and a collision took place.)

Good luck. And please tell me you have more than $5,000 worth of insurance for property damage.

Insurance adjusters are pretty smart when it comes to this sort of thing. They see these accidents all the time. It's easy to tell who's at-fault by comparing the damages on each car and who's stories make more sense.

I wouldn't tell either insurance company you were at fault. Just tell them what happened, and let them hammer out who's at-fault. (ex. you had your blinker on checked to make a lane change, porsche came out of no where and a collision took place.)

Good luck. And please tell me you have more than $5,000 worth of insurance for property damage.

can't say I've been in your situation but....damn
i'd feel bad as hell if I tried to switch the blame on him/play dumb

i wouldn't be able to go through with it

Spoiler [+]
i'm not about that life

can't say I've been in your situation but....damn
i'd feel bad as hell if I tried to switch the blame on him/play dumb

i wouldn't be able to go through with it

Spoiler [+]
i'm not about that life

Originally Posted by Square town 707

Thanks. Thats exactly how i was gonna tell the story. With a little bit of extra twist. But no lie. And yea i do have more than 5Gs worth of insurance

Thanks. Thats exactly how i was gonna tell the story. With a little bit of extra twist. But no lie. And yea i do have more than 5Gs worth of insurance

Best advice in the entire thread.  Look, you're no expert here, it's not your responsibility to determine fault.  You might think you are, but in these cases it doesn't matter what you think, word to the Rock.  The insurance companies will determine fault.

Ultimately this looks like a minor impact and the other driver wasn't injured, so someone's insurance company will pay the repair bill and you'll be done with it.  This is why you have insurance - for accidents, even if they are your fault.

Finally, a police report means nothing.  The police officer didn't witness the accident and would simply make a cause decision based upon the statements of the witnesses - the officer's opinion of who was at fault means absolutely nothing.  They are often wrong.  And a police report will likely never be allowed in Court. 

Basically, be honest with your insurance company, tell them what happened, let them deal with it. 

Best advice in the entire thread.  Look, you're no expert here, it's not your responsibility to determine fault.  You might think you are, but in these cases it doesn't matter what you think, word to the Rock.  The insurance companies will determine fault.

Ultimately this looks like a minor impact and the other driver wasn't injured, so someone's insurance company will pay the repair bill and you'll be done with it.  This is why you have insurance - for accidents, even if they are your fault.

Finally, a police report means nothing.  The police officer didn't witness the accident and would simply make a cause decision based upon the statements of the witnesses - the officer's opinion of who was at fault means absolutely nothing.  They are often wrong.  And a police report will likely never be allowed in Court. 

Basically, be honest with your insurance company, tell them what happened, let them deal with it. 

Am I the only one who sees that the picture doesn't make sense? The damage is on the right side of your front bumper (like you said), but his damage is on the passenger side door?

Anyways, just tell the truth as to what happened. Falsifying any information about the accident, just isn't cool imo. I've been involved in several accidents, none of which were my fault and each time, I've been lucky enough to have the other party tell the truth.

This really isn't that big of a deal, this is why you pay for insurance. Once you make a statement about what happened, they'll take care of the rest.

Am I the only one who sees that the picture doesn't make sense? The damage is on the right side of your front bumper (like you said), but his damage is on the passenger side door?

Anyways, just tell the truth as to what happened. Falsifying any information about the accident, just isn't cool imo. I've been involved in several accidents, none of which were my fault and each time, I've been lucky enough to have the other party tell the truth.

This really isn't that big of a deal, this is why you pay for insurance. Once you make a statement about what happened, they'll take care of the rest.

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

lie lie lie

your word against his

both of your insurances might go up anyway though, depending on state law

One of my friends told me they got devices which can prove who hit who, at what speed/angle and all that. But then again would they go through that extent to prove such a minor case?

my insurance guy always says..

90% of the time, it's the car who has the damage in front that's at fault.

it's not like he backed into you.

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

lie lie lie

your word against his

both of your insurances might go up anyway though, depending on state law

One of my friends told me they got devices which can prove who hit who, at what speed/angle and all that. But then again would they go through that extent to prove such a minor case?

my insurance guy always says..

90% of the time, it's the car who has the damage in front that's at fault.

it's not like he backed into you.

im an adjuster,
here is some advice let the insurance take care of it.. call and report it and say no one got the ticket/cited . no injuries.
give them the other persons info, just in case they tried to screw you over with a subro.and suspend your license.
you just gotta pay your deduct if you want your car fixed or take it to a body shop where they save you the deduct.

and when you hit an expensive car ( CL benz, 6series bmw, and porsches) the owner most likely have ALL THE COVERAGE on it. coverage like hit and runs and uninsured motorist.
so dont worry..

Back
Top Bottom