GRADUATE STUDENTS OF NT

[thread="503809"]Entering my MBA program this fall, going to be in Boston, Life comes at you fast.[/thread]

Same here, but I'm doing mine at Point Park here in Pittsburgh. It's not as big as Pitt or CMU but they didn't require a GMAT, hours are better since they're geared towards working professionals, and it's a lot cheaper. Focusing on Management Information Systems, debating if I want to switch to the Healthcare portion though since they always need cats in for Health IT

Just started my first week. Thursdays and Fridays are going to be a pain... Classes from 8-4 and 9-5 :x

Ready for this grind though :smokin

Friend of mine is in her second year as a graduate student.

She has three days of internship (24 hours) and works on weekends (16 hours). On top of that, she has to take four classes (8 hours per week + reading/homework) and a thesis.

Not sure how she does it.

Last edited:
When I was in graduate school, I had work full time, took 9 credits and had to spend 3-4 hours a day traveling to work and school. Not fun but its only for a short while, and now I have all the free time I need and love my new job.

When I was in graduate school, I had work full time, took 9 credits and had to spend 3-4 hours a day traveling to work and school. Not fun but its only for a short while, and now I have all the free time I need and love my new job.
I just completed a similar journey. Graduated from my program in May. I worked full time the last year and took 15 credits a semester. 

Man now that I'm in the real classes that count, load ain't no joke. Got a term paper draft due this week with Module 1. I'm looking at the discussion topics like wait, I am supposed to already know this? Am I supposed to have already read the book? Technically class doesn't even start til tomorrow, and more classmates who are already Senior Level Chief Information Officers of the district for such and such hospital and making dough in important positions in the industry who make me wonder why they are here

I got 4 chapters to read before my first class to "get familiar with the course" :lol: It's a marketing class so it shouldn't be too bad. 15-20 pg marketing paper but that's a group project so I hope my squad is solid.

One thing I am happy about is now I can join PMI for the student member rate so on top of things on campus, I can network w/ the PMI members.

datznasty datznasty where u in school at chief?

University of San Diego but doing it online. Life coming at me real fast right now, was not ready :lol: Where's Grad level underwater basket weaving so I can pad my GPA and get my confidence going first? @Superzat1 USD has a job search on their site that is like USD alums and affiliates who want to work with USD students/grads putting jobs out there that I can join but also on LinkedIn if I go through them I become like an expert level job seeker or whatever the level above the free ones is called which I thought was neat. They also do an event every semester on campus the same way so yea networking is going to be crucial and help get me out of Oklahoma to the heaven that is the West coast.

Bruh :lol:, when I initially applied, I was going to start next fall, they hit me like "are you sure, we still have slot for this fall?" mind u this was the end of July, I just got accepted 2wks before classes started :lol: Got my first syllabus, seem them chapters and cursed my wife out for convincing me to go back :lol: I literally kicked in the bathroom door like "What the **** u get me into bruh????"

Yea 1st week assignment is just supposed to be go to the discussion board and introduce yourself and say what you'd like to do with your degree... and maybe something out of chapter 1. Of course I'm going to do it and be successful and you are too, but I'm still in shock like damn. I hope these questions are answered in the first chapter.

Of course, I'll be in here tryna keep myself and everybody else motivated when I can. We all gotta flourish

University of San Diego but doing it online. Life coming at me real fast right now, was not ready :lol: Where's Grad level underwater basket weaving so I can pad my GPA and get my confidence going first? @Superzat1 USD has a job search on their site that is like USD alums and affiliates who want to work with USD students/grads putting jobs out there that I can join but also on LinkedIn if I go through them I become like an expert level job seeker or whatever the level above the free ones is called which I thought was neat. They also do an event every semester on campus the same way so yea networking is going to be crucial and help get me out of Oklahoma to the heaven that is the West coast.
Put me on game

Slow Friday at work so I'm bout to finish out week 1. So we had 3 discussion assignments (post your opinion on .... respond critically to 1 classmate you agree with and disagree substiantively with), the first 26 pages of the book, 30 minutes of lecture (which they post video, mp3, and even transcript of which is useful), 5 clinical articles to read, a self assessment assignment, draft the introduction of our term paper.

I don't remember for sure but I think a week/module locks out once the previous starts too. :wow:

Your boy just taking it one assignment at a time, trying not to make it look as daunting as it really is and psych myself out. Go to the grade page and see that A by each assignment pop up, 1 at a time for ~20 months then I am done

Slow Friday at work so I'm bout to finish out week 1. So we had 3 discussion assignments (post your opinion on .... respond critically to 1 classmate you agree with and disagree substiantively with), the first 26 pages of the book, 30 minutes of lecture (which they post video, mp3, and even transcript of which is useful), 5 clinical articles to read, a self assessment assignment, draft the introduction of our term paper.

I don't remember for sure but I think a week/module locks out once the previous starts too. :wow:

Your boy just taking it one assignment at a time, trying not to make it look as daunting as it really is and psych myself out. Go to the grade page and see that A by each assignment pop up, 1 at a time for ~20 months then I am done

Pro-Tip: When I give out assignments to large classes (>20 students or so), I don't have the time to thoroughly grade them. So I create a rubric full of keywords/buzzwords and basically skim the assignments to see if they mention those terms. I suspect your prof does the same, so just keep plugging the assignments with words you hear him mention or the textbook, and you should be straight.

That's good to know, and doesn't shock me. In the first "class," the intro orientation though Professor did reply to most discussion postings and assignments and evenif not there, when he graded it he'd give you a response there. There's 16 people in class now IIRC. It said she is in fact going to hand grade and critique our term paper draft, which is 100 pts and the last assignment I turned in, at like 11:57pm. Did good on all the discussion related assignments and criticals but wan't happy with that one. Have to figure out a better time management plan. Have twice as much reading to do this week and I didn't even watch last week lectures, about 45 minutes worth or so. Wake up call. I got it though

Last edited:
Anyone in education? I start a Pupil Personel Service Credential in counseling program this Thursday to have a credential. I'm also thinking of a EdD program right after but I have to take the GRE. For those of you who've taken the GRE what do you recommend? Thanks in advance.

is there a major difference between online and in-person classes? never had an online class before...

im looking at a program that is in person but also allows for online instruction, pending location...

I guess it depends on your learning style and own level of motivation, but I could argue this is more advantageous. She posts her lectures, either a video of them and/or a powerpoint guiding you through your listening, an mp3 file of just audio, and a pdf text transcript. If you went brick and mortar, you would have just seen or missed the lecture and that was it. This way I can go back whenever I need to.

docwatson docwatson She still hasn't graded but our first assignment so hopefully like you say she is swamped and just going to put in 100/100 points or whatever when she gets time. I still have to do better and stop procrastinating. Same time, I haven't missed an assignment so I'm happy with that going into work 3. Full term paper draft due this week and she didn't even grade and critique our intro drafts

is there a major difference between online and in-person classes? never had an online class before...

im looking at a program that is in person but also allows for online instruction, pending location...

I prefer online classes because I despise sitting in a class hearing the prof read the same exact powerpoint that's posted online

It does get a little overwhelming at times but I rather be stressed in my bed than in a desk :lol:

Last edited:
I don't know how every institution does it because obviously I only attend one, but USD/Blackboard made everything super streamline and efficient. I can do my homework, view the lectures, everything right from my phone exactly like how it'd look on a computer. Even the book has its own app which I can access on mobile (although they could have used PDF)
14341653_910622569314_1860525150_n.png

14330867_910622539374_321765478_n.jpg

14349185_910622763924_318197360_n.png

14329022_910622778894_872748216_n.png

Back
Top Bottom