GRADUATE STUDENTS OF NT

O yea i forgot to mention:

Our MBA cohort was supposed to have an international trip to Scandinavia this summer - they do it every year. Visiting businesses like Lego, Maersk, etc. I was hoping we’d be out of the COVID weeds by then, but sounds like the trip is cancelled. Theyre proposing a domestic trip (Seattle) instead

Just extrmely disappointed i didnt get this opportunity, have not traveled internationally and thought it would have been an awesome experience for the cohort and I.

I went to my school’s Global Business Perspective trip to Buenos Aires, Argentina back in Fall 2018. Graduated in 2019, very grateful I got the whole campus experience before the pandemic hit. We visited the Toyota factory, US Embassy, CenturyLink, an energy grid company and a couple others. Never got the chance to study abroad in undergrad so I took the opportunity.
Hopefully you get a chance next year

wouldn't choose a public university to pursue the MBA, way too much chance of getting distracted and falling back into undergrad habits, try to shoot for somewhere like Hamline, where you'll be competitive with the Ivy League kids.

wouldn't choose a public university to pursue the MBA, way too much chance of getting distracted and falling back into undergrad habits, try to shoot for somewhere like Hamline, where you'll be competitive with the Ivy League kids.

Mine was at a private university but there’s plenty of good B schools that are public - Haas, Darden, Ross, Anderson…

Succumbing to distractions means you lack discipline. Selecting a private institution won’t magically solve that.

The program I’m in has an extensive alumni network in my industry. To any prospective students, do your research beyond just names and rankings. Actually talk to some grads, they’ll give you great insight and are pretty candid in my experience. And factor in the ROI on tuition costs with respect to your aspirations.

I have no clue what Hamline is. But I do know that there’s plenty of good public universities with strong MBA programs. In the T25 you have more than a few, and in the T50 you have a lot of solid regional programs that will position you well if you want to work in a certain region.

The good schools publish employment reports so as long as you do your research and have realistic expectations, you’ll be fine.

Starting a PT/Executive MBA at an M7 this summer. Didn’t make sense for me to do a full-time MBA. I work in DCM (VP level) and I’m under 30 so I didn’t want to mess up the momentum I have going early in my career (or give up the money) by taking a 2 year break. Not looking to switch careers or anything but it’ll be nice to build a different network.

Last edited:
Starting a PT/Executive MBA at an M7 this summer. Didn’t make sense for me to do a full-time MBA. I work in DCM (VP level) and I’m under 30 so I didn’t want to mess up the momentum I have going early in my career (or give up the money) by taking a 2 year break. Not looking to switch careers or anything but it’ll be nice to build a different network.

Oh man idk if I would have went EMBA at that age - everyone I know from M7’s who stayed at their shop was promoted after their MBA - hell I can’t recall one that didn’t then get ANOTHER large signing bonus to come back

Oh man idk if I would have went EMBA at that age - everyone I know from M7’s who stayed at their shop was promoted after their MBA - hell I can’t recall one that didn’t then get ANOTHER large signing bonus to come back

Were they at BB’s? Or are you talking PE/VC folks? I haven’t heard of anyone doing that at a BB. I know a guy that was an IB associate and went to CBS full time only to go to another BB in the same role as an Associate again. For me, idk if I could leave at VP level and come back after two years and come in as a Director.

A lot of folks at my shop that didn’t come in post-MBA have done the CBS program.

Were they at BB’s? Or are you talking PE/VC folks? I haven’t heard of anyone doing that at a BB. I know a guy that was an IB associate and went to CBS full time only to go to another BB in the same role as an Associate again. For me, idk if I could leave at VP level and come back after two years and come in as a Director.

A lot of folks at my shop that didn’t come in post-MBA have done the CBS program.

All of the above honestly - also which program did you choose? I assume not GSB 😂😂😂😂

Ah man! Should have brought you home!

My friend hears back from Stern/Tisch this week
My wife is in NYU’s program to be a SLP. Tuition is nuts lol

Im just trying to finish this MBA, get a few certifications over the next couple years (GBPL, CPIM, CSCP, CLTD), and be done with this extracurricular ****. Im exhausted

Started my MBA journey at UVA last week
IMG_20210817_192754.jpg

image0.jpg

And there's a picture of my daughter lol

Congrats, lots of good opportunities out of UVA! I know cats that went super hard out of that school. Happy to connect you w/ some brothers from the 17/18 class

And the 1-year program, save some bread!

:pimp: :pimp:

If you're not going to an M7 program, don't even bother.

Cap

>D>D

My wife is in NYU’s program to be a SLP. Tuition is nuts lol

Im just trying to finish this MBA, get a few certifications over the next couple years (GBPL, CPIM, CSCP, CLTD), and be done with this extracurricular ****. Im exhausted

My friend got in! She starts in the dual program in the fall

MBA tuition is nuts. A friend of mine has to pay $90K out of pocket for a PT/EMBA to cover what his employer won’t cover. Even if you make good money that is still a good chunk of cash.

Back
Top Bottom