Gran Turismo 5 | OT | v2.03 + DLC is LIVE | Is Your Engine Ready?!

laugh.gif
You guys must be on Spa right now. There's no way there's no comment on DLC going live tonight. This is the biggest GT night since release night!

is the DLC live already for PSN North America? Might be downloading that while I continue the Battlefield 3 PC Campaign.

SinnerP, you playing on Battlefield 3 tonight?
laugh.gif

is the DLC live already for PSN North America? Might be downloading that while I continue the Battlefield 3 PC Campaign.

SinnerP, you playing on Battlefield 3 tonight?
laugh.gif

just purchased the GT5 Complete Pack. Downloaded the 2 bonuses (the car and the theme), but the Tracks/Paint/Gear are nowhere to be seen. Clicked the "Downloadable Content" button, but it says I haven't purchased anything. PSN already deducted funds from my account.
indifferent.gif

Any idea how the tracks get downloaded? or did i just miss something?
nerd.gif

just purchased the GT5 Complete Pack. Downloaded the 2 bonuses (the car and the theme), but the Tracks/Paint/Gear are nowhere to be seen. Clicked the "Downloadable Content" button, but it says I haven't purchased anything. PSN already deducted funds from my account.
indifferent.gif

Any idea how the tracks get downloaded? or did i just miss something?
nerd.gif

Looks like it's like the Schick DLC... even if I download it, I can't activate the game because my game is a Region 3 copy... even if I have US Region 1 account. $12 wasted. Looks like I need to cop a Region 1 copy of the game now. Good-bye Level 39 A-Spec and Level 34 B-Spec.
tired.gif
  #$%$#% Polyphony Digital.
30t6p3b.gif

indifferent.gif

Looks like it's like the Schick DLC... even if I download it, I can't activate the game because my game is a Region 3 copy... even if I have US Region 1 account. $12 wasted. Looks like I need to cop a Region 1 copy of the game now. Good-bye Level 39 A-Spec and Level 34 B-Spec.
tired.gif
  #$%$#% Polyphony Digital.
30t6p3b.gif

indifferent.gif

Nope, purchased from the PSN US Store. Didn't bother getting HK PSN credits since I use my US account to play the game. But I've read that if you purchase a DLC, it can only be accessed on the account that purchased it. Also, I've heard that it's bound to your game region (which is Region 3 for my Limited Edition), so you can't play R1 DLCs on R3 copies of the game. Which sucks.
30t6p3b.gif
So either they offer me a way to obtain the DLC that I already paid for, or they give me my $11.99 back. I'll probably end up using the credits in other games... like RockBand 3 songs.
laugh.gif

I wish I could buy a used Region 1 copy, but all my stats would be wiped out in the process.
ohwell.gif

I think the reason why they do this is because the DLCs are already on the disk... and they just unlock the content. 
nerd.gif

Nope, purchased from the PSN US Store. Didn't bother getting HK PSN credits since I use my US account to play the game. But I've read that if you purchase a DLC, it can only be accessed on the account that purchased it. Also, I've heard that it's bound to your game region (which is Region 3 for my Limited Edition), so you can't play R1 DLCs on R3 copies of the game. Which sucks.
30t6p3b.gif
So either they offer me a way to obtain the DLC that I already paid for, or they give me my $11.99 back. I'll probably end up using the credits in other games... like RockBand 3 songs.
laugh.gif

I wish I could buy a used Region 1 copy, but all my stats would be wiped out in the process.
ohwell.gif

I think the reason why they do this is because the DLCs are already on the disk... and they just unlock the content. 
nerd.gif

Yep, the new tracks, cars and all the DLC was a part of the 2.0 update. It only unlocks it.

Damn that really sucks. I think they might change that DLC thing with the new update, so it might still change. Check on GTP for people who might have had the same issue. Damn.

Yep, the new tracks, cars and all the DLC was a part of the 2.0 update. It only unlocks it.

Damn that really sucks. I think they might change that DLC thing with the new update, so it might still change. Check on GTP for people who might have had the same issue. Damn.

Yup. That's how I found out how it was... on GTP.

Some of the local guys here already bit the bullet and just got a R1 copy of GT5 and are starting over.

Already e-mailed Sony about it. Just waiting for a response from them.

Yup. That's how I found out how it was... on GTP.

Some of the local guys here already bit the bullet and just got a R1 copy of GT5 and are starting over.

Already e-mailed Sony about it. Just waiting for a response from them.

So even if they allow DLC to be PS3-linked rather than PSN account-linked, you'd still be screwed cuz you need an R1 GT5 to unlock the DLC, correct?
Well, Kaz already said that they will change it to PS3-linked, so all you gotta do is rent/borrow a R1 copy and then you should be good...

So even if they allow DLC to be PS3-linked rather than PSN account-linked, you'd still be screwed cuz you need an R1 GT5 to unlock the DLC, correct?
Well, Kaz already said that they will change it to PS3-linked, so all you gotta do is rent/borrow a R1 copy and then you should be good...

^ That would be correct. You said that the DLC was only to be unlocked in the Spec 2.0 update. I reckon the update differs from each region?
nerd.gif
I don't get why they would do that, though. That would cost more, won't it?

You don't have problems like this in Call of Duty.
30t6p3b.gif

Well, the customer service lady got back to my e-mail. Seems like I have to delete my game data and put the PS3 in Safe Mode, and back the game data up. Well, something like that. Need to re-read that e-mail.
laugh.gif
If that works, I'll still be a loyal-paying customer for the rest of the GT5 DLCs. If not, I'll be asking for a refund.
ohwell.gif

^ That would be correct. You said that the DLC was only to be unlocked in the Spec 2.0 update. I reckon the update differs from each region?
nerd.gif
I don't get why they would do that, though. That would cost more, won't it?

You don't have problems like this in Call of Duty.
30t6p3b.gif

Well, the customer service lady got back to my e-mail. Seems like I have to delete my game data and put the PS3 in Safe Mode, and back the game data up. Well, something like that. Need to re-read that e-mail.
laugh.gif
If that works, I'll still be a loyal-paying customer for the rest of the GT5 DLCs. If not, I'll be asking for a refund.
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom