Gran Turismo 5 | OT | v2.03 + DLC is LIVE | Is Your Engine Ready?!

I still need to patch it up!  Been BF3'ing over the past few days.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

^ That would be correct. You said that the DLC was only to be unlocked in the Spec 2.0 update. I reckon the update differs from each region? 
nerd.gif
 I don't get why they would do that, though. That would cost more, won't it?

You don't have problems like this in Call of Duty. 
30t6p3b.gif

Well, the customer service lady got back to my e-mail. Seems like I have to delete my game data and put the PS3 in Safe Mode, and back the game data up. Well, something like that. Need to re-read that e-mail. 
laugh.gif
 If that works, I'll still be a loyal-paying customer for the rest of the GT5 DLCs. If not, I'll be asking for a refund. 
ohwell.gif
All the cars and tracks were on the 2.0 spec update.  That's probably why it was over 1GB in size.  Buying the DLC just unlocks it, so I guess all the 2.0 updates are the same.  Even the bonus cars for the NorthAmerica update are already on your PS3.  

Just wait till they issue the patch that allows you to use DLCs on different accounts (PS3-attached), before you do anything drastic.  

I still need to patch it up!  Been BF3'ing over the past few days.
30t6p3b.gif

^ That would be correct. You said that the DLC was only to be unlocked in the Spec 2.0 update. I reckon the update differs from each region? 
nerd.gif
 I don't get why they would do that, though. That would cost more, won't it?

You don't have problems like this in Call of Duty. 
30t6p3b.gif

Well, the customer service lady got back to my e-mail. Seems like I have to delete my game data and put the PS3 in Safe Mode, and back the game data up. Well, something like that. Need to re-read that e-mail. 
laugh.gif
 If that works, I'll still be a loyal-paying customer for the rest of the GT5 DLCs. If not, I'll be asking for a refund. 
ohwell.gif
All the cars and tracks were on the 2.0 spec update.  That's probably why it was over 1GB in size.  Buying the DLC just unlocks it, so I guess all the 2.0 updates are the same.  Even the bonus cars for the NorthAmerica update are already on your PS3.  

Just wait till they issue the patch that allows you to use DLCs on different accounts (PS3-attached), before you do anything drastic.  

^ Still haven't run with you on Battlefield 3, though. I've been playing BF3 back-and-forth on PS3 and PC the past few days, too. Can't seem to run with NTers. Maybe Sunday morning (darn time difference
ohwell.gif
).

The NA Bonus cars were a download (100kB). Those are the only ones that popped up in my Downloads folder. The GT Academy theme worked, not sure on the bonus car, though.

I already asked for a refund while I could (actually I couldn't, but they said they might make a one-time exception). Might try getting HK PSN credits to download them that way, but I still doubt they'd be available on the rest of the accounts on my PS3 (until they hopefully patch it). Disappointing why they have to have separate content for each region.
30t6p3b.gif
indifferent.gif

^ Still haven't run with you on Battlefield 3, though. I've been playing BF3 back-and-forth on PS3 and PC the past few days, too. Can't seem to run with NTers. Maybe Sunday morning (darn time difference
ohwell.gif
).

The NA Bonus cars were a download (100kB). Those are the only ones that popped up in my Downloads folder. The GT Academy theme worked, not sure on the bonus car, though.

I already asked for a refund while I could (actually I couldn't, but they said they might make a one-time exception). Might try getting HK PSN credits to download them that way, but I still doubt they'd be available on the rest of the accounts on my PS3 (until they hopefully patch it). Disappointing why they have to have separate content for each region.
30t6p3b.gif
indifferent.gif

I JUST used the promo code for the GT Academy themes that I got back in like May, turrible. Anyways, 2.01 dl'ed, racing cars on the space track.
smile.gif

I'm glad they fixed the spinning out in the karts, that was ridiculous

I JUST used the promo code for the GT Academy themes that I got back in like May, turrible. Anyways, 2.01 dl'ed, racing cars on the space track.
smile.gif

I'm glad they fixed the spinning out in the karts, that was ridiculous

ohwell.gif
).
And after Sunday, you probably won't want to run with me in BF3 ever again!
embarassed.gif

laugh.gif

Downloaded 2.01, but still have to try the non-kart Space track as well as the B-spec seasonals...

Instead, I did 20+ laps of the Buddh F1 circuit.  Tricky (especially sector 2), but fun.  Nice, wide track at T4, which means there will be room for overtaking.  It'll be an interesting race... for sure.

ohwell.gif
).
And after Sunday, you probably won't want to run with me in BF3 ever again!
embarassed.gif

laugh.gif

Downloaded 2.01, but still have to try the non-kart Space track as well as the B-spec seasonals...

Instead, I did 20+ laps of the Buddh F1 circuit.  Tricky (especially sector 2), but fun.  Nice, wide track at T4, which means there will be room for overtaking.  It'll be an interesting race... for sure.

Got my one-time $11.99 refund.
smokin.gif
Not having the DLC still sucks.

I'm really tempted to try HK PSN credits, though.
laugh.gif
SinnerP, your copy of GT5 is R3 (BLAS), correct?
nerd.gif

Got my one-time $11.99 refund.
smokin.gif
Not having the DLC still sucks.

I'm really tempted to try HK PSN credits, though.
laugh.gif
SinnerP, your copy of GT5 is R3 (BLAS), correct?
nerd.gif

^ Yes sir. Does the PI PSN store not have the DLC? Does PI have their own PSN store or do you guys use an "Asian" one as shared by all the other Asian countries/regions? If so, it should work... assuming your copy of GT5 is the standard PI-version. Mine is the official HK-version and has an R3 on the back... but says BCAS on the side. Dunno what that actually means.
EDIT ~ Ah, apparently... BLAS/BCAS : Asia game (region 3).  My has the Chinese-language option available so I guess that's the C... for Chinese-speaking regions.

^ Yes sir. Does the PI PSN store not have the DLC? Does PI have their own PSN store or do you guys use an "Asian" one as shared by all the other Asian countries/regions? If so, it should work... assuming your copy of GT5 is the standard PI-version. Mine is the official HK-version and has an R3 on the back... but says BCAS on the side. Dunno what that actually means.
EDIT ~ Ah, apparently... BLAS/BCAS : Asia game (region 3).  My has the Chinese-language option available so I guess that's the C... for Chinese-speaking regions.

^ Sadly, we don't have a PI PSN Store, nor PI-specific content. We're not that special.
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

Actually, I don't think there's much market penetration for the PS3 over here, since most of the units here are bought in the grey market (imported units). Also, not too many people here have PS3s until recently. In fact, the official Sony distributor here only introduced the local PS3 units i think a year or two ago... and at a bit higher price, so other than warranty, there isn't much incentive to do so.

Most of the games here come from Singapore, hence the BLAS (R3) label. Some stores import BLUS (R1) titles, but they come at a higher price. I chose a US PSN, since most of the better content on PSN is at the US store, and that US$ PSN credits are much easier to find around here.

Oh, I do buy some games from HK whenever I'm there. Even bought my first PS3 (RIP - YLOD) there at Toys 'R Us Harbour City. I think I bought my PS2 there as well.
laugh.gif

That's why GT5 puts me in the TW/HK server each time I log in online, even if I have a US PSN account.

^ Sadly, we don't have a PI PSN Store, nor PI-specific content. We're not that special.
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

Actually, I don't think there's much market penetration for the PS3 over here, since most of the units here are bought in the grey market (imported units). Also, not too many people here have PS3s until recently. In fact, the official Sony distributor here only introduced the local PS3 units i think a year or two ago... and at a bit higher price, so other than warranty, there isn't much incentive to do so.

Most of the games here come from Singapore, hence the BLAS (R3) label. Some stores import BLUS (R1) titles, but they come at a higher price. I chose a US PSN, since most of the better content on PSN is at the US store, and that US$ PSN credits are much easier to find around here.

Oh, I do buy some games from HK whenever I'm there. Even bought my first PS3 (RIP - YLOD) there at Toys 'R Us Harbour City. I think I bought my PS2 there as well.
laugh.gif

That's why GT5 puts me in the TW/HK server each time I log in online, even if I have a US PSN account.

i just bought this game, used at best buy. i put the disc in the ps3, download the typical updates before playing any game on the ps3, it downloads and installs it 2 hours later, v 2.01, the beginning "credits" come up, warnings show up, polyphony shows up, then the screen goes blank, and will not go any further. what is my problem?

i just bought this game, used at best buy. i put the disc in the ps3, download the typical updates before playing any game on the ps3, it downloads and installs it 2 hours later, v 2.01, the beginning "credits" come up, warnings show up, polyphony shows up, then the screen goes blank, and will not go any further. what is my problem?

It could be the internet connection. It connects to their server during the boot-up and when it isn't able to do that, it goes into a blank screen until a connection is made. That's what happens to me sometimes when my wifi signal isn't the strongest or when my bandwidth is being used up by my other applications.... for me, anyway.

It could be the internet connection. It connects to their server during the boot-up and when it isn't able to do that, it goes into a blank screen until a connection is made. That's what happens to me sometimes when my wifi signal isn't the strongest or when my bandwidth is being used up by my other applications.... for me, anyway.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

yup, that might be it.

A similar thing happens to me each time when I use my R1 account with an R3 game. Server tells me my time and date isn't the same with the server.
laugh.gif

yup, that might be it.

A similar thing happens to me each time when I use my R1 account with an R3 game. Server tells me my time and date isn't the same with the server.
laugh.gif

So, it won't let me load the game "offline"? I just want to play. I don't need to log into their servers yet. lol

So, it won't let me load the game "offline"? I just want to play. I don't need to log into their servers yet. lol

It will let you play offline... but when you have your wifi on, it will automatically try to connect to the server. Turn off/disable your wifi first, then boot-up GT5. See if that makes a difference. At least we can find out if that's the problem.

It will let you play offline... but when you have your wifi on, it will automatically try to connect to the server. Turn off/disable your wifi first, then boot-up GT5. See if that makes a difference. At least we can find out if that's the problem.

http://www.gtplanet.net/j...nal-event-now-available/
A new Seasonal Event has just gone live in Gran Turismo 5, featuring classic (pre-1979) Japanese cars in the following events. Tuning is allowed up to 450PP with unlimited tire selection.

Tsukuba Circuit (5 laps, 166,100 Cr.)
Suzuka Circuit East (5 laps, 150,000 Cr.)
Trial Mountain Circuit (5 laps, 170,500 Cr.)
Clubman Stage Route 5 (5 laps, 159,400 Cr.)
Toscana Pavement 110A (5 laps, 185,300 

I need fire-up this game again!

Back
Top Bottom