Greatest character in televison history?

you my friend, must be a thinker.

ive thought long and hard about this, honestly.  i jumped from T to Homer to Martin and it all came back to T.  maybe i'll write an essay,,,,,,

If Tony Soprano were alive today (which he isn't, his sister Janice killed him IMHO), he would be the same man he always was.  Modern day services would bring his corpse to his door step, if he were alive today.  He would get his corpse by way of new media; death, death, death, death, death and oh, more death.  Iraq and Iran (a topic The Sopranos touched on), would only fuel his anger, his hatred, his confusion, his lack of willingess to change, yet these are issues we as Americans face today.  He was righteous (at times), but he was also quite (and more importantly) covetous.  He was everything we as AMericans are supposed to believe in ("when america opened the flood gates.....but some of us wanted to preserve who we were.....we didn't want to swarm around their hive").  yet he is also what we don't believe in (at least consitutionally), "husbands in the front, women in the back".  he is the greatest conflicted character ive EVER pondered or ever witnessed on the silver screeen (my TV might as well be a silver screen, no humble brag).  he is horrific and magnifying and endearing, and hilarious, and off-puttish without being prudent or overly-cautious.  he is what one man accomplished on the back of those before him, without giving the slightest regard for history (sure, he watched the history channel ad nauseum, but what did he really learn).  he gave no regard because he has zero concept of authoritty (Sil even called him out on this and it still did not phase him).  None of these horrific images would phase him because he is already traumatized (when his father Johnny Boy cut off ol man Satriale's finger in "fortunate son")

look im drunk i want to work on my novel, ne1 else want me to continue say amen, otherwise, im out, i got better things to do.

let's just leave it @ T is just.....Gandolfini killed it, absolutely stole the whole ka-bang.

im the greatest writer on NT and my will has been decreed. meth owes me. LMAO

kramer was better before the racist rant

yea i know, kramer wasn't written for the racist, he was written for the whateviz

so...whateva LMAO

3 pages and no mentions of bubbles? smh
Just 'cause Conky is up there with him doesn't mean I didn't nominate him. 
laugh.gif

And to the guy who said something like "Why nominate more than one character?", it's because we can't just love ONE show and ONE character... 
grin.gif

There are so many horrible answers in here.  THE best character of all time and people are listing Dr. House, Eric Matthews, Zack Morris, Steve Smith from American dad and Barney Stinson as answers?!?  Laughable responses.

Posting Zach Morris and Wonder Years Kevin ***** **** this **** the **** outta here

This is not who evokes the most nostalgia, get out with these shallow kid's show characters. We are talking REAL TV CHARACTERS WITH DEPTH AND VALUE AND INTRIGUE.

1. Walter White
2. Omar Little
3. Tobias Funke
4. Larry David
5. Dexter Morgan
6. Cosmo Kramer
7. Stringer Bell
8. Bubbles
9. Jesse Pinkman
10. MR FEENY

Yes I am drunk.

Last edited:
you my friend, must be a thinker.

ive thought long and hard about this, honestly.  i jumped from T to Homer to Martin and it all came back to T.  maybe i'll write an essay,,,,,,

If Tony Soprano were alive today (which he isn't, his sister Janice killed him IMHO), he would be the same man he always was.  Modern day services would bring his corpse to his door step, if he were alive today.  He would get his corpse by way of new media; death, death, death, death, death and oh, more death.  Iraq and Iran (a topic The Sopranos touched on), would only fuel his anger, his hatred, his confusion, his lack of willingess to change, yet these are issues we as Americans face today.  He was righteous (at times), but he was also quite (and more importantly) covetous.  He was everything we as AMericans are supposed to believe in ("when america opened the flood gates.....but some of us wanted to preserve who we were.....we didn't want to swarm around their hive").  yet he is also what we don't believe in (at least consitutionally), "husbands in the front, women in the back".  he is the greatest conflicted character ive EVER pondered or ever witnessed on the silver screeen (my TV might as well be a silver screen, no humble brag).  he is horrific and magnifying and endearing, and hilarious, and off-puttish without being prudent or overly-cautious.  he is what one man accomplished on the back of those before him, without giving the slightest regard for history (sure, he watched the history channel ad nauseum, but what did he really learn).  he gave no regard because he has zero concept of authoritty (Sil even called him out on this and it still did not phase him).  None of these horrific images would phase him because he is already traumatized (when his father Johnny Boy cut off ol man Satriale's finger in "fortunate son")

look im drunk i want to work on my novel, ne1 else want me to continue say amen, otherwise, im out, i got better things to do.

let's just leave it @ T is just.....Gandolfini killed it, absolutely stole the whole ka-bang.

im the greatest writer on NT and my will has been decreed. meth owes me. LMAO
You made a great argument for T, he's my second favorite television character of all time.

Last edited:
Homer Simpson has to be at the top
Personal fav's include:
George Costanza
Dough Heffernan

3 pages and no mentions of bubbles? smh
Just 'cause Conky is up there with him doesn't mean I didn't nominate him. 
laugh.gif

And to the guy who said something like "Why nominate more than one character?", it's because we can't just love ONE show and ONE character... 
grin.gif
Yo, I just started watching The Wire and never knew any other TV show character with the name Bubbles other than Mike Smith from Trailer Park Boys. If you were talking about Bubbles from The Wire, my apologies. Though I don't know why anyone would have the opinion that the greatest character in TV history is basically a glorified snitch. Y'all gotta remember that this is NT, where were all goons goblins and about that life.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom