Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
im a newbie and have questions. just how exactly do people get GM shoes to sell in the first place? and where do they come from?

I don't want to sound like a jerk but you really can't narrow it down in a couple sentences. grab a drink and a cozy chair and read the whole thread, you will learn all you need to know.

i wander over to the gm section on those fake sites occasionally and i'm like "why don't they do yeezys"

Last edited:
Rocked my GM concords today...
They sexy no lie no lie ...  
happy.gif

I'm no professional....but I have been collecting for 20+ years. I see the wrinkles in the so called leather on the gm pair, but look at the bottom of the side view of the real pair. Those have slight wrinkles as well. Its leather. They will do that. No pair is exactly alike. Not saying the release version isn't a better quality...but more evidence is needed. I have seen grey market pairs look better than released authorized pairs
LOOK CLOSER..1- notice the size of the stitchs going around the midsole.. GMs have wider stitchs..like instead of ------- its _ _ _ _ _...2- GMs have too much padding around the collar.. notice the little pucker in the collar? bad biz! 3- overall quality on the cuts of leather that make up the upper.. NO tool marks or "widows peaks" on the Legit pair and everything looks straight and proportioned like it should be.. 4- the tongues.. The legit pair has a bolder and short NIKE where the GM has a taller skinner NIKE.. also the shape and proportion of the swoosh itself is different IMO. 

Last edited:
Leather on these do not have the same texture as my release date black toes. The leather is softer on these. If you guys want any more pictures/angles let me know.

I think you guys are taking a huge gamble on the Royal 1s GM, I seen sites on the GM that is selling a pair of Royal 1s for $53 that is the same quality/stock as the ones you guys are paying $146 before shipping. I tried to warn you guys about this a couple of weeks ago.......

Castomere, Those 3s look good to me. From what I seen the elephant print on the official 3s from Nike.com kinda varied from pair to pair, so if the print is a little different than another pair I wouldn't be alarmed. The tumbled leather and tongue looks good to me. The replica 3s tongue and Authentic tongue is a dead give away. From those pics I think they look good.

Those 11s look great also, I would rock those 11s/3s without a doubt in my mind.

Those royal 1s don't look bad to me either, my only is problem is the GM and Replica pairs are too close pics wise for my comfort

Last edited:

how does the size of the toe box compare to your black toes? it looks a little small in the pics.

the swoosh looks a little off too (a little fatter and it doesn't taper outwards as much as on real pairs I have)

though all of this might just have something to do with your shoe size, since I'm going off what I see on my size 12s.

size of the wings logo and placement looks better and overall the whole shoe looks better than the rstor/kinstor pairs posted lately.

Last edited:
zyzz does your royal 1 look like what alburrto posted?

no, i said the Royals i received were 100% fake.. i dont even need to compare them. mine has the small wings logo, the leather isnt even the same as retail 1's. shape is just like Nike dunks.

like i said, the Black toes are awesome IMO leather is perfect just like the Shadows. only error was one shoe has the lower wings logo with the other has it perfectly placed. no blemishes, cuts, loose stitching. everything matches perfect and yes if that matters to anyone there is a red stamp in the box top

lol the reason why i didn't order from sneakerape originally was cause i was thrown off by their product page pics with the 2001 jumpman chain (+ the high price in comparison to places elsewhere when it was pretty evident they were selling GMs).

pretty jealous of your pair since i have a pair coming in from r*tor next week, and already expecting the worse :x

just got my space jams, and I have to say, I'm extremely satisfied, ill post pictures in a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom