Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much ignorance in this topic. First off, ninja is 100% correct. Just because soles aren't yellow, doesn't mean a pair of Space Jams are fake. And fake =/= unauthorized pairs. How can a shoe that has the same EVERYTHING when compared to the "authentics" be considered fake? Just because you didn't pay the ridiculous retail mark up and Nike didn't give it the thumbs up? That's some pretty naive thinking. After doing my research, I bought a pair of Space Jams from a tao bao agent because I wasn't about to spend 400+ on a shoe with piss yellow soles. Here was the end product: 

View media item 410016

If they didn't have "icey blue" soles, you wouldn't know that I bought them from Tao Bao. But the fact of the matter is they have everything that an "authentic" pair of Space Jams would have. Same patent leather, same third spacing of the tag on the tongue, same thick laces, real CARBON FIBER, perfect sized 23 on the heel, even the box is the same and has a SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE of $175. Even the REAL FAKES don't have that. To call THESE fake is just plain ignorant. They ARE Space Jams. These are the exactly same shoe Nike sells at stores, the only difference being they didn't overlook it. So basically it comes down to how much that approval is worth to you. It's worth nothing to me. I got the sneakers I wanted, for 15 dollars above retail price and they are clean as hell. You guys wanna argue over piss yellow soles be my guest. I'll be rocking these, fresh as a daisy.

And pretty soon, these unauthorized/grey market pairs will have saturated the market to the point that nobody knows what is real, fake, or in between. I frankly have no problem with it. It's about time that another option of buying Jordans has become available for us. It's a pretty big monkey wrench that has been thrown into the sneaker game because these factories have mastered the art of copying the authentics. Whether its reps or unauthorized pairs, pretty soon you won't be able to tell the difference from one Chinese sneaker to the next.

tl;dr: enjoy your piss yellow soles.

Amen

damn DJ Khaled got got than ... tryna stunt with them and they had the concord shoe trees in them. SMH.

Considering they're going for 1000 on ebay, i expect

Those air randy XI's with da 45 to be QUITE da collectable as da years go by...

Sneaker historians will look back and wonder "these

Guys could've got da 45's whenever they wanted

And passed cuz they were early release pairs...fools"

I'm not really sure what the deal is with these... They look exactly like the concords from 2011 but with the 45 on the back. Pairs on eBay going for about a grand. VERY few pairs snuck out of the factory. Can anyone shed any more info?

Da story is when da 2011's were scheduled to released threy were originally going to have a 45 on em..as da release got closer that idea was shelved, but not before early release pairs were made.

air randy was da only only cat with em..once he
Sold out that was that...

Whoever gambled and bought those is cashing out

Right now.

That "property of Nike USA, not for resale" stamp

On da inside pretty much shuts down any kinda

"Hey they're not made in da same factory " nonsense.

Last edited:
was it randy or marqueesole? and remember when people thought they were being made intentionally BY randy/marquee?

was it randy or marqueesole? and remember when people thought they were being made intentionally BY randy/marquee?
air-jordan-xi-retro-45-sample-1-570x427.jpg

That ninja dude is Not right in the head. Now fake Rolex's are just as good as the real thing? Try takin that fake down 300 meters of ocean then tell us that fake is the same.

Ain't No Future In Your Frontin'.

That ninja dude is Not right in the head. Now fake Rolex's are just as good as the real thing? Try takin that fake down 300 meters of ocean then tell us that fake is the same.

Ain't No Future In Your Frontin'.
lol you obviously are clueless in what you're talkin about...im not talkin about those china town bootlegs, back in da late 90's when economic times

were a whole lot better and gold was alot cheaper, SOLID GOLD replica rolex existed with automatic ETA movement, they ran for a couple grand.

these were ones that jewelers who weren't on da "up and up" would sell if you asked em quietly..da casings were indistinguishable from da ones

real deal ones because they were made of real gold, not gold plated...if you want more info google it or ask NT'ers resident jewelers in da jewelry thread

in general here.

Learned today that "unauthorized" Lebron Corks are about to hit the market. And Toro 4s are already available for sale for only a few bucks above retail. lol it's a wrap. Sneaker game is done. 

Also, someone on youtube is selling iron-on 45 stickers. Very easy job to rub off the 23 on the back of the Concords and iron on this sticker. Turns your 200 dollar Concords into 1000 dollar collectors item....

^^ Seen reviews of those unauthorized corks on youtube. Cant tell a damb difference.

Also, someone on youtube is selling iron-on 45 stickers. Very easy job to rub off the 23 on the back of the Concords and iron on this sticker. Turns your 200 dollar Concords into 1000 dollar collectors item....

Whats next?
Dyed soles being accepted as IDENTICAL to retail? haha

I saw someone wearing SJs with the blue tinted bottom today while I was at work. I asked if I could look at the bottom of the shoe, and it was the black on black circular carbon fiber. Let me tell ya, it looks NOTHING like the SJs I got on release. You can see the blue over a mile away I almost wanted to scream "fake" just looking at them.

Last edited:
Learned today that "unauthorized" Lebron Corks are about to hit the market. And Toro 4s are already available for sale for only a few bucks above retail. lol it's a wrap. Sneaker game is done. 
these cats think im playing or something...its OVER
laugh.gif

da people losing to be honest is resellers, because nike has made it pretty obvious they dont care, and outside of a few sneaker

nerds, da general public dont care either.

im kinda glad though,weeds out people who cop to rock and resellers can kick rocks, people who aren't resellers and just

want to sell what they bought thru-out da years can just keep their reciepts when selling their kicks, otherwise? its OVER.

I saw someone wearing SJs with the blue tinted bottom today while I was at work. I asked if I could look at the bottom of the shoe, and it was the black on black circular carbon fiber. Let me tell ya, it looks NOTHING like the SJs I got on release. You can see the blue over a mile away I almost wanted to scream "fake" just looking at them.
da ones you saw weren't grey market space jams (which are

REAL XI's made unauthorized) , those were "perfect space jams" which is da best FAKES they got on da market (they dont use real

carbon fiber)

Perfect-Jordan-11-space-jams-8245-98420.jpg

da ones you saw weren't grey market space jams (which are

REAL XI's made unauthorized) , those were "perfect space jams" which is da best FAKES they got on da market (they dont use real

carbon fiber)

Perfect-Jordan-11-space-jams-8245-98420.jpg
You know that's the same blue tint that's on Taobao's SJs, right?

thats actually not true.

T2pvb6XeXaXXXXXXXX_%21%21863228898.jpg
Yes, it is. How about getting a pic with better lighting?
and like i said,....

2013050801451188386877.jpg

look at da carbon fiber... ^^^^ this pair is da "perfect space jams" which DO NOT HAVE carbon fiber, and have MORE BLUE tint, da grey market

don't have da same kind of tint...THESE are da ones you see on MOST people's feet as they're only 99 bucks at all da fake sites.

da grey markets are in da 200+ dollar range.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom