Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Retailers don't get shoes from the vender (Nike) until about 2, maybe 3 weeks b4 release date depending on the quantity of the shipment

Please stop quoting or replying to Bentrill's comments he was warned not to post in this thread anymore. If he does post,please ignore it and he will be banned from the thread. Thanks.
That's ether right there.

There's no reason to argue with an imbecile because it will bring you down to their level. There is a lot of knowledge about grey markets being shared in this thread and many refuse to acknowledge it. I have an inkling the ones who refuse to "see the light" are the ones who cling on to the fact that the work they put in to get their precious sneakers via camping out, etc., is basically all for naught since the grey market makes it "easier" to get the shoes we want. I guess having an exclusive sneaker makes you a part of an "elite" society. These children need to grow up.

In the end, it's just shoes. We're all on here because we like them.

Supposedly secret photos inside an authentic Nike factory. I thought it may help some have a visual of what shoe molds are and what not.

Can't believe there's still a debate about the grey market area. jumpmankb put this discussion in the grave doe :lol:

Retailers don't get shoes from the vender (Nike) until about 2, maybe 3 weeks b4 release date depending on the quantity of the shipment

we done known this, shoes are made 4-6 months in advance and stored til then

this has probably been happening for a long time. they sit in the factory/warehouse and some sneak out the back door.

now that the shoe game has blown up and the price of shoes on ebay/internet has risen like CRAZY. The smuggling of the shoes has reached an all time high, instead of few pairs going out the back, now since the profit margins are so high its thousands of pairs being stolen/made.

laugh.gif

I got this from another website.

So in a nutshell:
It’s not fake because its authentic materials etc but not legit because it is un-authorised, un-sanctioned by Nike. These dont "exist" in a way because on paper these "excess units" (see factory B-Grades) are shown as defects and/or write offs in the manufacturing cost of the Chinese OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturers) when Nike does an audit.
Do you agree?

So in a nutshell:
It’s not fake because its authentic materials etc but not legit because it is un-authorised, un-sanctioned by Nike. These dont "exist" in a way because on paper these "excess units" (see factory B-Grades) are shown as defects and/or write offs in the manufacturing cost of the Chinese OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturers) when Nike does an audit.
Do you agree?
its basically what we been saying since page 1.

aka we as buyers it doesn't effect us since its da same thing, it only effect re-sellers because you can't price gouge anymore and nike cuz

they don't have a lid on da situation.

So in a nutshell:

Do you agree?

I don't know that for a fact, but it seems very likely. They could just as easily be made in a factory unknown to Nike.

Last edited:
I just saw an Hibbett employee wearing an extremely suspect pair of Space Jams. Of course I asked why they looked so new and had an icy blue sole and of course he gave a weak excuse

I just saw an Hibbett employee wearing an extremely suspect pair of Space Jams. Of course I asked why they looked so new and had an icy blue sole and of course he gave a weak excuse

I always wondered if Hibbet carried those grey markets.

I have an update on the "Authentic Space Jams". I have been trying to source a pair from a few different spots. I email the people and they tell me that they have them in stock, then when I order them, I get an email in terrible English saying that they want me to pay with Western Union or Moneygram (not happening). Once I pay with credit card, they inform me that they don't have my size (half size), but have the next size up. I would have been screwed had I paid with WU or Moneygram. It has always been the case that poor quality fakes don't come in half sizes, so I am only going to be satisfied with a half size pair. So far, no luck. The charges to my card have been to a travel agency in China also. :lol: I would strongly advise other posters here to avoid these "grey market" or "authentic" kicks, even ones that have good reviews on Youtube. I have yet to find a legit source online that actually carries half sizes, even thought they are listed on the websites and they assure me that they have them in hand before I pay. Most of these websites look and run like a 1997 Geocities or Angelfire site. There is no inventory control and I am starting to wonder if they are just straight up credit card scam sites. Stick to NDC and Eastbay, Footlocker, etc. It really isn't worth the headache. If I do actually get my hands on a pair, I will still post comparison pics, but the future is looking bleak right now. I see quite a few credit card chargebacks coming up. :lol:

Last edited:
^In regards to the space jams, I've never seen a pair. Space jams also came out in 2009. I think the grey market ship sailed on those.

In regards to ordering online, I wouldn't do that either.

Agreed. With how many XI's Nike has been producing the last few years it seems materials to produce space jams would be easily obtained by who knows who.

On a side note, I just want to thank jumpmankb for bridging the gap of what we thought we knew and what we've always speculated on.

Niketalk was built on information sharing and that's what has made this place what it is today.

Last edited:
I dont know about you guys, but I find this topic very interesting.

To think NIke uses cheap labor workers to maximize profits, "the race to the bottim" as it is commonly reffred to, is finally coming back to bite them. 

This is not to say, Nike is loosing major $$$, but its showing how with so much technological advances in the last years, factory workers are now able to get a piece of the pie for which so long they were being cut out of.

With a sipmle you-tube/facebook/IG account they are able to reach so many ppl,  all though unethical, get their hustle on.

I view this from the standpoint of the little guys, (those being payed $1 to make a shoe that generates more than a %200 profit. )

I am assuming obviously those working in these sweat shops are the ones running this GM market.

Either way, if you only cop retail from major stores, keep at it and dont let someone elses choices affect you.

Man its just hard to comprehend how far fakes have come. I could spot a pair of fakes from across the street years back. Now unless the shoes are purchased from a national chain you can't really be sure anymore.

PLus with JB making all of these wookie colorways ie blk grape 5s, cav 4s,and poor quality, they are practically making the "grey market" a viable option for the uninformed consumer. Never thought Id see it come to this. Smh

LIke JChambers said JB should keep certain models availble for purchase at all times. The demand is strong and I dont believe it would cause them to lose money.

I remember back in the early 2000s when white air force once couldnt be found in stores after September-February I believe. Now they are available year round. I dont wear forces but those were the closest example I could think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom