Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any input on eBay seller zadehkicks? He has 5000+ positive feedback, but gets early releases and recently had a run of Royals. Seems legit, but any info is appreciated.

Good thread, but ALOT of misinformation in here...
so are these grey market shoes sold by people like rstor on taobao made in the same factories that nike contracts and made with the same materials or is misinformation. I read that this is the accepted theory but i really see nothing that undoubtedly proves this theory. 

And to be fair he only has a single size of 2 of his early pairs, so they could be samples. He did have a fsr of green glow IV's though.

You would think out of the 1,000+ customers, one might've known a thing or 2 about kicks to call him out on fakes or variants? Smh

Anyone else thinks that the blue tinted Space Jams that are floating around are legit but Nike decided not to release them so instead of just burning them, the factories sold them instead?

Last edited:
There seems to be a cycle going on every couple of days.
1. Somebody calls them fake
2. Someone offers evidence to why they're not fake.
3. Someone asks a question that shows they haven't read more than 2 pages of the thread.
4. Repeat.

3. Someone asks a question that shows they haven't read more than 2 pages of the thread.
4. Repeat.

Lol. So true. I really don't see the reason. Fakes and grey market are two different things. Gm is not your flea market kicks. Just use your common sense. How are these sites like marqueesole, sole-up, etc getting them months in advance and even have insight on releases before we even have official words? Yes, I know some pairs are "early releases" before the release day pairs and some things "may" change, but that does not make them fake. Look at all the samples that are made of shoes and hit eBay for thousands of dollars. Nobody screams that the samples are fake or gm. Too many examples to even name. Do some research, if you don't agree, just don't buy. Honestly, I do think Nike is in on it for the free publicity and marketing. Early on, the concord 11's were to have the 45 on the back. I heard of it from multiple sources. I just believe they changed their minds in the early stage of production. They told the factory to change it, and that's how the other sites got the early samples of the 45 and early pairs with the clear toe. I also think that is what happened with the db4's. Mistakes happened with the right shoe isiah facing the opposite direction. Instead of throwing them out, they went to gm. Think about it. Somebody in Nike just thought about cashing in on mistakes. Those black bottom 9's were not to see the light of day. But, somebody said send them to an outlet. Once Nike saw how fast they were being bought, they pulled the stock to sale them online with the limited tag. Same with the banned 1's. I'm sure we will get the full story one day, but trust me, that shoe was not made just to hit a few outlets. A mistake was made or an idea was scratched so instead of losing money, they sent the banned's to some outlets. It happens all the time, we just don't hear about it all the time.

4. Repeat.

It's no use really. There will always be people, no matter how many times it's explained,
Who say it's fake. Some people can't, or don't want to, accept grey market shoes are not fake.

And for those that want to argue with that theory, I will give you something else to consider. Think about another recent Jordan release the Jordan 12 rising suns. Stores had to ship their stock back so jb could change the flag insole because of the controversy. Did all actually get changed, of course not! The pairs that didn't are sought after because of the limited issue of the shoe. People love a shoe with a story behind it. Trust me. Nike and jb will start cashing in on these mistakes. If a gm site sole those 12's with the flag soles and black bottom 9's before the stories got out, people would have been screaming fakes. But, once the stories got out, I wonder how many would have went to the gm sites to buy the rare kicks with the stories behind them?

It's no use really. There will always be people, no matter how many times it's explained,
Who say it's fake. Some people can't, or don't want to, accept grey market shoes are not fake.

You know what though? The people that are saying they are fake are just doing that SAYING they are fake and not PROVING they are fake. All they are offering is their biased opinion and thought process. While there are reputable niketalk members with obvious inside industry knowledge that have given us tons if facts and information in how these shoes are fabricated. But all I'm hearing from the otherside is comments is "why would you pay that much for fake shoes" or "if their not authorized by Nike they're fake". All I want is some real proof as to why they're fake. If the material is the same, if the construction is the same, and if the quality is the same? What makes them fake? Because Nike isn't making money off of them? How does that make the actual product fake?

And before someone says "well the shoes are all flawed, with different cuts and shapes" and all of that other crap I'm gonna post something I posted the other day in regards to all of the GM shoes that NT members see that they base their GM opinion on. Check out my post about the legit check thread

This guy answered a lot of the same question posed in this thread. He clears up a lot of misinformation and clarifies lost of stuff.

Last edited:
In order to simplify things, to make shoes, a factory needs basically 3 things:
1. The Tech-Pack and Spec Sheet
2. The Molds for the sole and midsole
3. The actual materials

Nike does not assemble shoes, nor do they actually produce the materials used on their shoes (Neither does adidas, Reebok or any other large company). These are all contracted out to other companies that specialize in those fields. Nike has these factories produce samples to their specs and when they confirm the sample, they produce a final Spec Sheet of every material that will be on the shoe, along with a list of how much each component costs and who will supply the material. After this is all added up and calculated and audited intensely then the factory's negotiated profit per pair is added on top. The factory then orders the materials from the approved suppliers and Nike pays the factory to open up the steel molds (very expensive to do full size run in multiple sets and this is why companies only open up new molds if they will be able to sell a large quantity to amortize costs). The factory produces the quantity Nike ordered and paid for and ships them to Memphis. Along the way Nike has QC people in all their factories like the Pou Chen group pulling pairs from the production line to ensure the quality is as they have ordered.

Now, being that Nike is not producing the materials themselves, nor are they assembling the shoes themselves, something has run afoul along the way as people over there who are involved in the chain have obviously noticed how much the product is worth back in the USA. Not helping at all is the fact that Nike has opened a sizeable amount of molds of every signature Jordan a few years back for the CDP packs which were produced in very large quantities across a range of different factories. By looking at this you can kind of fill in the blanks as to what is happening and where these shoes are coming from....

Last edited:
In order to simplify things, to make shoes, a factory needs basically 3 things:
1. The Tech-Pack and Spec Sheet
2. The Molds for the sole and midsole
3. The actual materials

Nike does not assemble shoes, nor do they actually produce the materials used on their shoes (Neither does adidas, Reebok or any other large company). These are all contracted out to other companies that specialize in those fields. Nike has these factories produce samples to their specs and when they confirm the sample, they produce a final Spec Sheet of every material that will be on the shoe, along with a list of how much each component costs and who will supply the material. After this is all added up and calculated and audited intensely then the factory's negotiated profit per pair is added on top. The factory then orders the materials from the approved suppliers and Nike pays the factory to open up the steel molds (very expensive to do full size run in multiple sets and this is why companies only open up new molds if they will be able to sell a large quantity to amortize costs). The factory produces the quantity Nike ordered and paid for and ships them to Memphis. Along the way Nike has QC people in all their factories like the Pou Chen group pulling pairs from the production line to ensure the quality is as they have ordered.

Now, being that Nike is not producing the materials themselves, nor are they assembling the shoes themselves, something has run afoul along the way as people over there who are involved in the chain have obviously noticed how much the product is worth back in the USA. Not helping at all is the fact that Nike has opened a sizeable amount of molds of every signature Jordan a few years back for the CDP packs which were produced in very large quantities across a range of different factories. By looking at this you can kind of fill in the blanks as to what is happening and where these shoes are coming from....

Exactly what ive been speculating and you are now another person to confirm. Same specs, same materials, same facories, same manufacturing process, but for some reasons people are still saying they're not the same shoes? The only thing different with these shoes is that they're not being sold by Nike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom