Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are box sizes the same for 10.5 Royals and 9.5 Black Toes? I may have found a way to determine what is authorized vs. grey market.
those are inconsistencies even with auth pairs. I have a ton of boxes since like the 2000s and none of them are consistent as far as size is concerned. That's not a legitimate argument fam.

those are inconsistencies even with auth pairs. I have a ton of boxes since like the 2000s and none of them are consistent as far as size is concerned. That's not a legitimate argument fam.

Boxes from the latest releases that I put side by side have been consistent. Comparing my 10.5 with my brothers 9.5. Shoe boxes compared - bred IV, bred XI, and the III's.

Compared the 10.5 Royals box with a 9.5 Black Toe box and there was a 1" - 1 1/2" difference.

By all means this isn't a determining factor, but it could be a possibility. When I get my 100% authorized Royals, I will compare with the GM Royals. I guess I'm just determined to find a flaw to GM manufacturing.

Working in a shoe store, I can tell you that the same size of a certain shoe are gonna have the exact same size box.

I've been reading this forum and have enjoyed its info. My question is if GM pairs are made with the same materials and in the same fashion as store pairs then why are there subtle differences? Shouldn't everything line up, so to speak?

Anyone who has ordered these grey market pair wanna post some picture up of other sneakers other than the XI concord and space jam's? 

Royals are still ridiculous price might as well wait...  There were some infered 6's, i dont know which year that came out.  

What good is a voucher for a shoe that is sold out everywhere?
What good is a shoe you can't or won't wear? Personally, I've only had to return 1 pair of shoes to Nike, free return shipping, and I got a refund and a discount coupon.

I've been reading this forum and have enjoyed its info. My question is if GM pairs are made with the same materials and in the same fashion as store pairs then why are there subtle differences? Shouldn't everything line up, so to speak?
If there are subtle differences between release day retail pairs of the same shoe then why would GM pairs be any different? No 2 shoes are exactly a like. 

Anyone who has ordered these grey market pair wanna post some picture up of other sneakers other than the XI concord and space jam's? 

Royals are still ridiculous price might as well wait...  There were some infered 6's, i dont know which year that came out.  
As far as I know the only infrared/varsity red GM shoes available are in GS sizes only.

Working in a shoe store, I can tell you that the same size of a certain shoe are gonna have the exact same size box.
so explain to me how my bugs 8 size 13.5 box is way bigger than my size 13.5 black toe 1s, and my size 13 Grape V box is bigger than both of them? All released this year and all were copped from Eastbay? I also use to work at a nike outlet 10 years ago and even on non Jordan product there was always inconsistencies with the boxes for same sizes. That argument for the box size won't hold up in a court of law with all the inconsistencies. Case in point is, box size can not determine whether what you have is an authorized or unauthorized pair.

Last edited:
If there are subtle differences between release day retail pairs of the same shoe then why would GM pairs be any different? No 2 shoes are exactly a like. 

Then all things being equal what exactly is the critical difference between a GM pair and a store bought pair? Materials are the same, mold is the same, subtleties are the same, etc. is the only real difference the inside tag?

Then all things being equal what exactly is the critical difference between a GM pair and a store bought pair? Materials are the same, mold is the same, subtleties are the same, etc. is the only real difference the inside tag?
No for the most part, the only real difference is how they are distributed. And depending on when your pair was made the box could also be different. But there are some models of GM that have consistent differences. Such as SOME not all space jams having a slight blue tint to the their soles and SOME not all GM DB4s having slightly different tongues. But there are many GM pairs circulating of both pairs that look exactly like retail pairs. 

so explain to me how my bugs 8 size 13.5 box is way bigger than my size 13.5 black toe 1s, and my size 13 Grape V box is bigger than both of them? All released this year and all were copped from Eastbay? I also use to work at a nike outlet 10 years ago and even on non Jordan product there was always inconsistencies with the boxes for same sizes. That argument for the box size won't hold up in a court of law with all the inconsistencies. Case in point is, box size can not determine whether what you have is an authorized or unauthorized pair.
You cant compare the same sizes of different box styles. Bugs bunny 8s with the regular jordan black and white box do not have the same shape as the OG style 5 box, just as the OG style 5 box does not have the same shape as the OG style 3 or 4 box. But all the size 11 3 boxes should match up to all of the other size 11 3 boxes. They the same across models, not across sizes.

Last edited:
Notice that I said same size of a certain shoe. If you have 5 pairs of a size 13 Grape V, all 5 boxes are going to be the exact same size. All you're giving me is same size of different shoes.

appearantly the Aj 6 infereds are sold out or rare in the GM 

They don't really constantly produce anything on the grey market other than XIs. Everything else that you will find are kicks that were recently released, or are about to be released.

What good is a voucher for a shoe that is sold out everywhere?

What good is a shoe you can't or won't wear? Personally, I've only had to return 1 pair of shoes to Nike, free return shipping, and I got a refund and a discount coupon.

What I am saying is that if you get a defective retail pair, most likely you are just out of luck., because it would be hard to find another pair to exchange it for. It would be a lot easier to snatch up a GM pair. I have a feeling that this thread is going to lead to a lot of Niketalkers copping blatant fakes and being disappointed, or losing their money to Chinese scammers.

What I am saying is that if you get a defective retail pair, most likely you are just out of luck., because it would be hard to find another pair to exchange it for. It would be a lot easier to snatch up a GM pair. I have a feeling that this thread is going to lead to a lot of Niketalkers copping blatant fakes and being disappointed, or losing their money to Chinese scammers.
Oh yeah, it's pretty much a dunnie if you need to exchange a JB release, even though they may restock the shoe down the line. The risk associated with GM shoes doesn't justify the the comparable price imo. We all know these shoes aren't costly to make and at half price GM sellers would prolly still double their money.

Oh yeah, it's pretty much a dunnie if you need to exchange a JB release, even though they may restock the shoe down the line. The risk associated with GM shoes doesn't justify the the comparable price imo. We all know these shoes aren't costly to make and at half price GM sellers would prolly still double their money.

I agree with this completely. The GM sellers are taking advantage of the situation, but so is Nike.

Box size depends on the shoe cant cram bunny 8s in the xi low box

This "risk" that people seem to be afraid of is overly inflated and falsely based because most of NT members' exposure to GM shoes is based on the LC thread. Because of the nature of the LC thread 99% of the shoes that end up on there are flawed to begin with and rightly so. Because why would someone who has shoes that give them no reason to question authenticity if everything checks out when it comes to quality? Same goes for YouTube videos. People make YouTube videos for 2 reasons. For reviews and to complain. Most normal people buy a shoe and put it right into the box if they look good and you never hear another word about it.

Last edited:
This "risk" that people seem to be afraid of is ovey inflsted and falsely based because most of NT members' exposure to GM shoes is based on the LC thread. Because of the nature of the LC thread 99% of the shoes that end up on there are flawed to begin with and rightly so. Because why would someone who has shoes that give them no reason to question authenticity if everything checks out when it comes to quality? Same goes for YouTube videos. People make YouTube videos for 2 reasons. For reviews and to complain. Most normal people buy a shoe and put it ridge into the box if they look good and you never hear another word about it.
Anytime you're dealing with a criminal element or illegal dealings there's a risk associated. If you're comfortable doing it fine but to mislead members of this board is a dis-service to this thread.

I get what everyone is saying about the boxes, in my personal experiences I've have multiple pairs purchased same shoe size however 1 out of 3 will be a different size. Point being is that the box size isn't a legitimate way to determine if the pair is Grey or Auth. That's all I have to say about that.

Anytime you're dealing with a criminal element or illegal dealings there's a risk associated. If you're comfortable doing it fine but to mislead members of this board is a dis-service to this thread.
That's not the type of risk that iwas speaking spoken on and you know it. Stop trying to twist my words and take them out of context To make it seem like I'm trying to lead members into a death trap. The fact that Ive gotten 40 rep points from this thread alone should speak to the fact that the people trying to learn are finding what im saying useful. The risk that was being spoken was the risk of getting a bad pair. This has always been about the shoes.
Not the so called mafia or yakuza triad gangs that they support. Stick to speaking on the shoes. The fact that the production of these shoes is illegal isn't up for debate. We're here to learn the differences of the shoes and how they're made.

Last edited:
That's not the type of risk that iwas speaking spoken on and you know it. Stop trying to twist my words and take them out of context. To make it seem like I'm trying to lead members into a death trap. The risk that was being spoken was the risk of getting a bad pair. This has always been about the shoes.
Not the so called mafia or yakuza triad gangs that they support. Stick to speaking on the shoes. The fact that the production of these shoes is illegal isn't up for debate. We're here to learn the differences of the shoes and how they're made.
I was speaking of the bigger picture as well when I posted my comment about paying a premium price for GM shoes being a risk, not just form a quality issue standpoint. As the saying goes, if you can't be safe be careful. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom