Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn are these even a GM pair? they look all kinds of wrong
depends how you define GM

replicas with varying degrees of quality & difference with the legit ones

or

no difference with the legit ones, same origin & everything... just unauthorized.

Last edited:
Hey Zyzz, thanks for posting those photos of the Royals.  It is an excellent point of reference for sniffing out fake 1's in general.

Last edited:
you know what he meant. 
mean.gif

Been readin over some of this material and I gotta question? Why do ppl buy shoes and spend good amounts of money to stash em in the closet and sometimes not wear shoes for years!? Yall act like them joints gon grow intrest lol by "keepin them on ice".. Ok yeah you got a pair of j's, the way the shoe game is today, most ppl do (weather they real or fake, everyone claim they got a legit pair of retros). I sometimes see ppl on youtube and hear ppl talk about their shoe game, but most of them on ice. Best quote I heard yet "Spend all your money tryna look like money, but in reality.... lol" Ppl be like "yeah man I got like 5 pairs in my closet I ain't eemmm worn. In bout 2 years imma get triple my investment" Sumn not addin up. Its a clothing item, show off ur style & keep em clean, but to not wear em? can someone explain that login. Its not art (in your mind maybe, but by 'society standards'.... sorry buddy) . I promise you it WILL NOT APPRECIATE WITH VALUE!
I think you're posting in the wrong thread... Almost everyone hear is copping GM kicks with the sole intention of wearing them. Where has anybody said they're gonna "stash them...?"

:lol:

Last edited:
Zyzz, I think we have the same royals but how is the material of the tongue on yours? Is it the same with RD pairs?

The reason I asked is because I noticed those GM royals with the overall form that are close to the RD pairs have a different tongue, especially the nike air tag. However, my "high quality replica" from rstor has a correct tongue. We all know rstor sends out different kinds of royals.

And a couple of pages back somebody asked if there were GM pairs before the ray allen 13's, I think there is. I remember my dad bought me zoom lebron II's around the time they released and he said they are smuggled pairs, in short not official release day pairs. They were on point though, everything is the same with the RD pairs. I even used them for a couple of years to play ball and for casual wear. So there is no question about the quality. I disposed of them because they won't fit me anymore. Just sharing a story. On with the thread...

Zyzz, I think we have the same royals but how is the material of the tongue on yours? Is it the same with RD pairs?

The reason I asked is because I noticed those GM royals with the overall form that are close to the RD pairs have a different tongue, especially the nike air tag. However, my "high quality replica" from rstor has a correct tongue. We all know rstor sends out different kinds of royals.

And a couple of pages back somebody asked if there were GM pairs before the ray allen 13's, I think there is. I remember my dad bought me zoom lebron II's around the time they released and he said they are smuggled pairs, in short not official release day pairs. They were on point though, everything is the same with the RD pairs. I even used them for a couple of years to play ball and for casual wear. So there is no question about the quality. I disposed of them because they won't fit me anymore. Just sharing a story. On with the thread...

the shoes are fake

i dont own retail Royals so im not sure about the tongue. it feels nice and real to me lol

thinking about getting some 3's from rstor :nerd: has anyone got something from that website :nerd:

Last edited:
All of the CDPs?! Didnt know that!

yep, all of the CDPs had grey market pairs.

i remember Air Randy having early pairs of the 10s and 13s along with Fusion 12s a few months before the release date. People were wondering how he was able to have shoes months in advance. Well, this is how. It's just that grey market was a unknown market back in 2008.

People started catching on when pairs of Ray Allen 13s, Quai 54 5s, and Freddy Kruger SB Dunks started becoming widespread. And i heard that grey market pairs of Tiffanys were in circulation starting in 2006-07. But what REALLY blew the cover off the grey market game is when people started getting Space Jams with early 2010 production dates and when people were copping Promo Black Cement 3s and 4s like it was nothing

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but i dont think any of the grey market royals have gotten the size right on the wings logo

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but i dont think any of the grey market royals have gotten the size right on the wings logo
not too sure about that because the pairs sellers use in photos (if they truly are a GM pair and not a RD pair they are using) are very close/accurate to my own RD pair when looking at comparisons.

someone else could have some better insight on this though.

not too sure about that because the pairs sellers use in photos (if they truly are a GM pair and not a RD pair they are using) are very close/accurate to my own RD pair when looking at comparisons.

someone else could have some better insight on this though.

I've been comparing RD royals to pics and it always looks as if the GM pairs have the wings logo either slightly shifted or too small, at least with the royals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom