GREY MARKET DISCUSSION THREAD VOL. 2!!! (LET'S KEEP THE DISCUSSION MATURE) RULES ON PG 1 PLEASE READ

Concords are yellowing and have heel drag now. I barely wear them. Starting to believe that thing about GMs aging twice the speed of authentics.

^ Wouldn't surprise me.

Although, my Authentic Concords are yellowing like crazy and I've yet to wear them. I don't know what the hell Nike changed when constructing the sole on these later XI's, but they all yellow like crazy extremely fast. None of my XI's from 95-06 yellowed like this. Seems to have started with the 09 Jams.

Last edited:
I noticed something..... (and I didn't even notice this until I saw it on a video) that the Concord Low and Infrared 23 Low uses a different kind of patent leather than the Gammas, Breds, SJs and Concords. The mids have a real smooth patent leather and the Lows are more grainy. It's real hard to explain but if anyone has a pair of the Lows and put them next to the mids they can see the difference.
Anyway, what I'm trying to get at is that they're using the patent leather on the Lows and putting them on these GM mids. I guess that's one way to see whether or not your XIs are GM or not.

So this pretty much settles this debate between Unauthorized/Grey Market/Fake debate. These shoes are 100% not being made in the same factories or by the same people. So awhile ago I was on the sneakers sub on reddit when I found r/Repsneakers. Essentially it's an entire sneaker community that is about replica shoes of all grades and brands. And get this, the owner of about 4 or 5 repsites who goes by the name David, is a regual and active member on that site. He takes orders, and does customer service right in that sub. And since directly involved in the community the people that order the shoes from him will review the shoes on the site and tell him what's wrong with the shoes. He then goes back to his factory and has them pump out a new batch. Apparently with unauthorized Breds they've been having issues with the wings logo being too small. Take a look at what David said.

View media item 1433168These issues wouldn't be occurring if these were being made by the same people in the same factories. This is how these guys "perfect" their reps. They make changes to it gradually, releasing "batch" after "batch" until they've got something that eventually resembles a retail pair. That is absolutely NOT how Nike makes shoes. The production process is finalized BEFORE they begin production. Like I've said countless times before these shoes are made in a separate factory or facility right along side sponge bob dub zeros and Burberry print 13s. I hope this ends the debate. You guys can check out r/Repsneakers for yourself to verify what I'm saying, heck you can speak to "David" directly yourself if you so choose.

Last edited:
So this pretty much settles this debate between Unauthorized/Grey Market/Fake debate. These shoes are 100% not being made in the same factories or by the same people. So awhile ago I was on the sneakers sub on reddit when I found r/Repsneakers. Essentially it's an entire sneaker community that is about replica shoes of all grades and brands. And get this, the owner of about 4 or 5 repsites who goes by the name David, is a regual and active member on that site. He takes orders, and does customer service right in that sub. And since directly involved in the community the people that order the shoes from him will review the shoes on the site and tell him what's wrong with the shoes. He then goes back to his factory and has them pump out a new batch. Apparently with unauthorized Breds they've been having issues with the wings logo being too small. Take a look at what David said.

View media item 1433168These issues wouldn't be occurring if these were being made by the same people in the same factories. This is how these guys "perfect" their reps. They make changes to it gradually, releasing "batch" after "batch" until they've got something that eventually resembles a retail pair. That is absolutely NOT how Nike makes shoes. The production process is finalized BEFORE they begin production. Like I've said countless times before these shoes are made in a separate factory or facility right along side sponge bob dub zeros and Burberry print 13s. I hope this ends the debate. You guys can check out r/Repsneakers for yourself to verify what I'm saying, heck you can speak to "David" directly yourself if you so choose.

Sounds like a fake site. Sites that usually involve the word "rep" produce obvious fakes and can never get the AJ1 right.

Sounds like a fake site. Sites that usually involve the word "rep" produce obvious fakes and can never get the AJ1 right.

All the repsites have that "authentic" section that so many people take as authentic and come from the same factories. The 1s he's talking about are form the "authentic" section

Now that i've gotten another pair of authentic Concords to replace my stolen pair, I can compare them to the GM pair I got when I thought that GM's and retail were the same. Firstly, the comfort is much better on the authentics, it's noticeable. Secondly, the carbon fiber is different. The GM's got the carbon fiber down I would say to about 90% accuracy, but there's still a difference in both look and feel when you see them side by side. Other then that, and the differences that's already known (widow's peak, stretched 23, etc), the shoes are pretty similar. Just happy I finally have another authentic pair again, gonna get rid of my GMs or use them as beaters. I was wrong, they're not the same. Close, but not the same.

Now that i've gotten another pair of authentic Concords to replace my stolen pair, I can compare them to the GM pair I got when I thought that GM's and retail were the same. Firstly, the comfort is much better on the authentics, it's noticeable. Secondly, the carbon fiber is different. The GM's got the carbon fiber down I would say to about 90% accuracy, but there's still a difference in both look and feel when you see them side by side. Other then that, and the differences that's already known (widow's peak, stretched 23, etc), the shoes are pretty similar. Just happy I finally have another authentic pair again, gonna get rid of my GMs or use them as beaters. I was wrong, they're not the same. Close, but not the same.
curious on the comfort difference of fake 11s tho

Ight I gassed it, it's not that much more comfortable, but there's definitely a noticeable difference.
curious on the comfort difference of fake 11s tho

Ight I gassed it, it's not that much more comfortable, but there's definitely a noticeable difference. Ended up getting a vnds pair for even less than that price you quoted in the 72-10 thread :lol:

i dont know anything about DB8's but if u showed me these in person id think they were legit

and when did nike go back and makes shoes in indonesia?

I could be wrong on this but I believe ive seen certain limited shoes and pe's and stuff that are sometimes made in Taiwan.

Could explain the quality difference

i will say it could and maybe could be materials not used from a legit sweatshop smuggled to a not contracted factory

alot of materials used in that video

They may not be Nike contracted factories but they're factories none the less. They still have access to large amounts of materials to purchase to make their shoes in bulk. I don't believe they use the same exact materials as Nike does because why would they? They most definitely go with a cheaper comparable material. Keep in mind these factories also make the blatant replicas like airmax air Jordan 4s and spongebob dub zeros

^ Wouldn't surprise me.

Although, my Authentic Concords are yellowing like crazy and I've yet to wear them. I don't know what the hell Nike changed when constructing the sole on these later XI's, but they all yellow like crazy extremely fast. None of my XI's from 95-06 yellowed like this. Seems to have started with the 09 Jams.
nike said.. lets increase the price.. decrease the quality.. Who cares... Theyll "Just buy it"

Back
Top Bottom