GSWARRIORS THREAD VOL. ANDDD AGAINNNN NBA CHAMPIONS

View media item 2093764
So the haters uploaded this of me when they lost game 7 ...

Little did they know Me and the rest of us warrior fans would get the last laugh in a few weeks

Sacrifice 1 to get 5 titles we all will take it! that game 7 lived up to the hype and it was worth every second being there...

I might be in the minority here but I feel like KD's signing puts the Warriors roster on really thin ice.  They've lost Bogut, Barnes, Barbosa, Ezeli (soon), Rush, and it looks like more.  They're bench is looking really thin and they don't have anyone to protect the rim.  On paper, this team looks really great, destined to do some great things.  What everyone needs to remember is you need players like Bogut who understands his role and whose role fits the team (defense, rebounds, protect the rim, not to mention he passes really well in this type of system).  Barnes had a horrible finals but if he hits a couple of buckets the Warriors are back to back champs and he probably resignes.  Barbosa was a huge spark off the bench and again, palyed well in the system.  Ezeli was injury prone but was a great big man off the bench....When Curry went down, the next man stepped up.  They were still able to beat teams in the playoffs.  Now...you have KD (future hall of famer for sure, and is in the prime of his career), who will need to adjust to playing with the team and vice versa.  Offensively I feel like the Warriors will figure it out.  Defensively is where I get worried.  Paculia and West are solid but they aren't scaring anybody at the rim.  When they play teams like the Clippers, who is putting a body on Deandre and Blake??? When they play Cleveland, who is going to make Lebron and Kyrie think twice about going to the rack???? 

Don't get me wrong, KD on the warriors is very exciting.  I haven't witnessed a player of this caliber since....never?? Lol.  Webber was nice, Sprwell was nice, but KD is, you can say the 2nd best player in the world??  I just don't know if they sacrificed too much in order to get him here.  I mean, the Warriors were 73-9 and were up 3-1 in the Finals and were tied with 5 minutes left in game 7....I would have been ok with signing Barnes and maybe adding a solid big for insurance and maybe another athletic wing.  Everyone played so well together.... it kind of makes me laugh that a lot of people, especially Warrior fans here in the Bay Area are already clebrating for the 2017 title (and maybe they will be right, only time will tell), but the last time Warrior celebrated too early, Draymond cupped someones manhood, Curry fouled out in game 6 and Lebron and Kyrie took the title away.  Maybe I'm looking too hard into this and should just purchase my KD 9's and Warrior Kd jersey lol...

I might be in the minority here but I feel like KD's signing puts the Warriors roster on really thin ice.  They've lost Bogut, Barnes, Barbosa, Ezeli (soon), Rush, and it looks like more.  They're bench is looking really thin and they don't have anyone to protect the rim.  On paper, this team looks really great, destined to do some great things.  What everyone needs to remember is you need players like Bogut who understands his role and whose role fits the team (defense, rebounds, protect the rim, not to mention he passes really well in this type of system).  Barnes had a horrible finals but if he hits a couple of buckets the Warriors are back to back champs and he probably resignes.  Barbosa was a huge spark off the bench and again, palyed well in the system.  Ezeli was injury prone but was a great big man off the bench....When Curry went down, the next man stepped up.  They were still able to beat teams in the playoffs.  Now...you have KD (future hall of famer for sure, and is in the prime of his career), who will need to adjust to playing with the team and vice versa.  Offensively I feel like the Warriors will figure it out.  Defensively is where I get worried.  Paculia and West are solid but they aren't scaring anybody at the rim.  When they play teams like the Clippers, who is putting a body on Deandre and Blake??? When they play Cleveland, who is going to make Lebron and Kyrie think twice about going to the rack???? 

Don't get me wrong, KD on the warriors is very exciting.  I haven't witnessed a player of this caliber since....never?? Lol.  Webber was nice, Sprwell was nice, but KD is, you can say the 2nd best player in the world??  I just don't know if they sacrificed too much in order to get him here.  I mean, the Warriors were 73-9 and were up 3-1 in the Finals and were tied with 5 minutes left in game 7....I would have been ok with signing Barnes and maybe adding a solid big for insurance and maybe another athletic wing.  Everyone played so well together.... it kind of makes me laugh that a lot of people, especially Warrior fans here in the Bay Area are already clebrating for the 2017 title (and maybe they will be right, only time will tell), but the last time Warrior celebrated too early, Draymond cupped someones manhood, Curry fouled out in game 6 and Lebron and Kyrie took the title away.  Maybe I'm looking too hard into this and should just purchase my KD 9's and Warrior Kd jersey lol...
View media item 2093778

Shut up ... Enough with this bittersweet junk...
I didn't even get to your second paragraph

You must have forgot this teams history or just a recent fan...

Every warrior fan I know is not looking at the roster being weaker cause of depth .. You add KD bec. With 5 superstars you don't really need depth and can plug and play anyone..

I wonder if dude that wrote the essay above has even seen Pachulia play...

Shut up ... Enough with this bittersweet junk...
I didn't even get to your second paragraph

You must have forgot this teams history or just a recent fan...

Every warrior fan I know is not looking at the roster being weaker cause of depth .. You add KD bec. With 5 superstars you don't really need depth and can plug and play anyone..
I'm 32 and have been following the Warriors since they had players like Victor Alexander, Billy Owens, Bimbo Coles, Fuller, etc....I haven't forgotten where the Warriors came from.  I'm not a recent fan, I'm coming from a perspective of mixed emotions and if you got to my 2nd paragraph you'll see that I am excited to have KD, I'm just unsure of what was better, picking up a player like KD or tweaking a team that was 73-9 and one win away from the finals.  I mean, I get it...it would be hard and maybe we would be questioning management if they didn't try and get KD but I just don't know if they are sacrificing too much.

I don't see why you're bashing me, we are both on the same team.  Lol...I'm just questioning if losing all the pieces is worth it.  

I wonder if dude that wrote the essay above has even seen Pachulia play...
I've seen him play.  He is a solid player.  I just liked what Bogut did for the team.  I understand he's been a liability with his health which is why I would have liked to have seen them pick up another big in free agency.  

^ we would've lost bogut even if we didn't go for KD and re-signed barnes...

Yea I didn't think about that...Lol. I guess I just wanted to see the Warriors (without KD) win it again with that current group.  

The front office chose to go in another direction. Im sure they knew they were going to give up defense and depth with the signing of KD. So we'll have to rely more on offense this year, and I dont see that being a problem. The mintues the bench ate up last year will go to Durant now, no big loss. We only have to worry about health.

^ we would've lost bogut even if we didn't go for KD and re-signed barnes...
Im not so sure of that, you can sign your own players and exceed the cap. Or did you mean we'll lose him after this season because he would be too expensive to re-sign?

Last edited:
delusion ... we have no right as a Warrior fan to complain for the next 8 years .. yet we got guys who claim they've been a fan since the struggle talking nonsense about wanting this team without KD **** with that

delusion ... we have no right as a Warrior fan to complain for the next 8 years .. yet we got guys who claim they've been a fan since the struggle talking nonsense about wanting this team without KD **** with that
Believe it or not, there IS a contingent of Warrior fans who are not sold on this being the correct move. 

Lol bro I am sorry if came at you wrong...I really am I didn't think I'd get that type of reaction with what I said.  If you read what I wrote, I am excited that KD is here.  I really am...trust me I've seen where the Warriors came from, I get it.  I really like KD, I think he will fit in fine with the team.  I think it might take some time but I think it will work.  All I am saying is the team won a title, they were 73-9 and were up 3-1 in the Finals...what I am questioning is, are the Warriors losing too much of their team to get KD.  You saw how deep this team was in the post season when Steph went down.  Next man stepped up.  

Lol bro I am sorry if came at you wrong...I really am I didn't think I'd get that type of reaction with what I said.  If you read what I wrote, I am excited that KD is here.  I really am...trust me I've seen where the Warriors came from, I get it.  I really like KD, I think he will fit in fine with the team.  I think it might take some time but I think it will work.  All I am saying is the team won a title, they were 73-9 and were up 3-1 in the Finals...what I am questioning is, are the Warriors losing too much of their team to get KD.  You saw how deep this team was in the post season when Steph went down.  Next man stepped up.  

The reason they get KD was because they lost the finals . If they won I guarantee 75 percent of the team will still be here and yes Barnes included.. You simply cannot sit on your keyboard and say

Last years team > this years team

You lose all credibility of whatever you have left as a warrior fan..

We see you jumping on the haters thread for a cheap pop from them.. Tell those guys I said hello they know me quite well . I was one of the few in there defending the warriors till they banned me

Last edited:
Two things that people who are upset about players leaving/worried about the bench are conveniently forgetting....

1) A lot of the guys who left would have left anyway if we didnt sign Durant.  If we signed Barnes to an extension instead, there would have been almost as many cap casualties.

2) People are acting as if basketball substitutions are like line changes in hockey.  If a game is even somewhat competitive, there is absolutely no way that AT LEAST one of our big 4 are not on the court at the same time.  Under no circumstance would Curry, Klay, Durant and Draymond ALL be on the bench at the same time, provided the game isnt already over.

The current bench consists of : Livingston, West, Looney, Jones and McCaw. With the one or two vets at the minimum. I would be concerned too if Livingston is the main back up and there isn't a third option to ease the minutes off him.

To get top caliber player(s) you have to make sacrifices with part of your roster but with the potential to win many championships players will want to play here for cheap. Two solid pick ups so far. It's okay to have that kind of doubt but you'll be good by All-star break or sooner.

Last edited:
The reason they get KD was because they lost the finals . If they won I guarantee 75 percent of the team will still be here and yes Barnes included.. You simply cannot sit on your keyboard and say

We see you jumping on the haters thread for a cheap pop from them.. Tell those guys I said hello they know me quite well . I was one of the few in there defending the warriors till they banned me
Lol it aint that serious to me bro... I don't get what credibility as a Warrior fan will get me in this world but I have bigger things to worry about then how "big " or "loyal" a fan I am or a certain team.  I guess I'm not as down as you are.  Like I said, I am happy for the Warriors and KD but because I'm not 100% on board that makes me a bandwagon fan.  If that's the case then I guess I'm a bandwagon fan...

our bench is a great union between young and veteran, I'm actually excited to see them hell. iggy and livingston will be great floor leaders for mccaw and looney.

I'm glad we lost mo buckets. any time he came in i knew i was due for frustration. just don't understand how a guy can be in the league for so long and lack that much basketball aptitude

They would have absolutely still went after KD if they won the Championship. The KD chase started about 2 years ago and it was reported Lacob was going to go after him, even after last year's championship. Lacob has said that if you are not getting better, you're getting worse, and that you always have to evolve. Also keep in mind that Bogut and Barnes contracts were expiring, I'm sure they would rather spend that money on signing KD rather than resigning bogut and Barnes.

Last edited:
I see what you're saying and I get that Bogut is getting older as is Iggy.  I guess I was just used to them building from within and signing pieces to fit the puzzle you know?? Maybe just signing someone of his caliber is new to me lol...I'm used to them going to LA, NY, Chi etc.  I could have totally saw them using the money they had to fill multiple roster spots with players who can do multiple things and play multiple positions like Iggy and Livingston.  

Back
Top Bottom