GSWARRIORS THREAD VOL. ANDDD AGAINNNN NBA CHAMPIONS

Everybody said that both Livingston and Iguodala would be moved at the end of their deals, should not be a surprise to anybody paying attention. At least the season will be interesting now. Last 2 seasons were dull to me, but maybe it was just me.

It was a great run with the roster that we had. I actually think this breakup works in favor for Steph and Klay as they are entering the latter part of their career. We gotta have a younger supporting cast and younger talents to help the splash brothers if we want to stay relevant in competing for another championship. I am going to enjoy watching this team even more and I want to see how Bob Myers finds his way in building another great roster.

Confused but how does signing DLo via sign and trade make reupping Looney more difficult? I thought we had his bird rights and the only roadblock would be dipping into the luxury tax?

^That's the exciting thing about this team moving forward.

Myers' deal was renewed. He's still leading the way in building this team as contender.

DLo brings youth and a different style of play to the roster.

Warriors Roster is far from set for next season. I think they'll find someone through another trade or a player that doesn't get picked up leading up to camp. I wouldn't mind seeing them take a look at Jabari Parker and see if he'd be a good fit.

All I know is, it's Smailagic time, babay!

Confused but how does signing DLo via sign and trade make reupping Looney more difficult? I thought we had his bird rights and the only roadblock would be dipping into the luxury tax?

The sign and trade hard caps us at $138.9 mill. We can’t go above that total salary this season for any reason, including bird rights.

The sign and trade hard caps us at $138.9 mill. We can’t go above that total salary this season for any reason, including bird rights.
Gotcha. Interesting move by Bob. Do you know if the hard cap is set just for the first year or for the entirety of DLo's contract?

In any case, sad to see KD go but couldn't have imagined a better 5 year run. 3 outta 5 is something to behold. I got nephews who are young and have only experienced warriors success so theyre hurting super hard lol

Gotcha. Interesting move by Bob. Do you know if the hard cap is set just for the first year or for the entirety of DLo's contract?

In any case, sad to see KD go but couldn't have imagined a better 5 year run. 3 outta 5 is something to behold. I got nephews who are young and have only experienced warriors success so theyre hurting super hard lol

Only this season. We’ll be back to a soft cap next offseason

Im assuming you know a lot about salary caps and CBA rules so I’ll ask you, if Shaun retires would that free up a considerable amount in the cap and potentially enough to get Kevon?

Im assuming you know a lot about salary caps and CBA rules so I’ll ask you, if Shaun retires would that free up a considerable amount in the cap and potentially enough to get Kevon?

Yeah I think dumping Shaun’s contract is one of the only ways they can even think about affording Looney. Just have to see how much Houston offers him :nerd:

Dubs always ahead...thinking about the future. It was a greats run. Now lets go to the next chapter of our championship run. We're far from done. Let the journey begin.

Part of me wants the Warriors to dangle D'Lo for some players to fill the roster. But, I'm sure him driving in will space the floor a bit, just don't like the lack of potential defense when him and Curry are both going to be out there. I'm sure they're both going to work on it in the offseason though.

Lets go baby! Re-signing Looney is huge for us. Feels like a bargain.

Im more excited about this signing than the DLo one. A big but underrated splash by this FO

i wonder how Looney’s talks with other teams went, he certainly should’ve gotten better offers

Back
Top Bottom