Guardians of the Galaxy (Film) - 8/1/14 - Starring Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana, Benic

Yea, 90-100 definitely in play. And this August release date is looking really sweet, I see them being number 1 every weekend this month

But I guess they went for a waaaaay lighter shade for the movie so he looks blue. I felt he was kind of pinkish red in Avengers

yeah that's what confused after the pic was posted a couple pages back :lol:

0.jpg

Last edited:
Yea, 90-100 definitely in play. And this August release date is looking really sweet, I see them being number 1 every weekend this month

Problem with August date is that movies released around this time aren't known for having great legs, with school starting and everything. I'm still confident this can finish around the 230m mark though, unless it performs like Godzilla :lol:

Just got out of the matinee for my second viewing. Taking my daughters next weekend. I hope this movie does well next weekend as well. I gave my opinion on fb and hopefully word of mouth will keep TMNT from bringing its momentum to a hault.

Last edited:
Just got out of the matinee for my second viewing. Taking my daughters next weekend. I hope this movie does well next weekend as well. I gave my opinion on fb and hopefully word of mouth will keep TMNT from bringing its momentum to a hault.
would I be missing much if I pass on the 3d showing??

They did a release online this morning, missed it by about 5 minuets...of course i was too late late by then... 
tired.gif
They had an SDCC variant and a regular version on sale today.  SMFH I actually had both Rocket and the GotG in my cart but as you know, their site sucks and got OOS 
mean.gif

I just ended up with the Francavilla Star-Lord, passed on Gamora and Drax (kind of regret now after JUST watching the film).  Since you said you were 5 minutes late, I guess you missed out on all the posters?

Last edited:
would I be missing much if I pass on the 3d showing??

i'd recommend watching it in IMAX 3D if you can. It's not absolutely necessary, but the 3D was done very well and the audio mix is probably the best of the year.

I watched in Dolby Atmos and no-3D, I think that is what I recommend most in these films.

I feel like the 3D glasses making everything slightly darker and a bit distracting that you can't absorb the whole film, felt that exact way when watching DoFP in 3D.

Am I alone on that? 3D being more distracting than enhancing the film?

I would definitely prefer to watch some movies with Atmos or IMAX in non-3D. Godzilla would have been at the top of my list...the 3D sucked in that movie. Too bad there's no such thing as a 2D Atmos or IMAX showing around San Francisco :lol:

I feel like they've done a better job recently of offsetting the dark lens from the 3D glasses by making the movies a bit brighter. I watched Dawn of The Planet of The Apes first in regular 2D and then again in 3D Atmos and didn't notice too much of a difference.

Last edited:
I watched in Dolby Atmos and no-3D, I think that is what I recommend most in these films.

I feel like the 3D glasses making everything slightly darker and a bit distracting that you can't absorb the whole film, felt that exact way when watching DoFP in 3D.

Am I alone on that? 3D being more distracting than enhancing the film?

I actually felt like the movie was too bright in standard version after seeing it in both standard and Imax 3D. But yeah, normally I would agree. I just felt like the darkness added to the whole space vibe.

They had an SDCC variant and a regular version on sale today.  SMFH I actually had both Rocket and the GotG in my cart but as you know, their site sucks and got OOS 
mean.gif

I just ended up with the Francavilla Star-Lord, passed on Gamora and Drax (kind of regret now after JUST watching the film).  Since you said you were 5 minutes late, I guess you missed out on all the posters?
When I got on the only one available was Gamora. I didn't really bother though, I was lookin to just cop that group one or the Star Lord one...immediately checked Ebay just to see where the prices were at, about $120-$140...they will probably go down in price in a couple weeks

When I got on the only one available was Gamora. I didn't really bother though, I was lookin to just cop that group one or the Star Lord one...immediately checked Ebay just to see where the prices were at, about $120-$140...they will probably go down in price in a couple weeks
The group one's are going for 
eek.gif

The Star Lord's are definitely affordable, but the group version lol...gonna have to pass on it - not going to spend sneaker money on a poster..

Back
Top Bottom