Gym Heads - Best Way to Get Cut Up - Vol I Need to Lose a Few...?

unc1334

Banned
What's up guys,

Well, summer is here and while I am always in the gym, I have gained an extra five to ten pounds over the last few months that I don't need. Im currently6"0, 190. Now, this is a bit heavier than I would like. I can't lie, about six months ago I had my body fat taken and it was 8%, but since them I haveadded about eight pounds. I am by no means fat, and can run three miles easy, so I think most of my problem is in my diet. I'm cutting out fast food andsoda now, but I have some extra weight in my lower stomach and small love handles that I want to see go..

What are the best workout and diets for this?

Any workout supplements that I can try that won't hurt me?

I'm cutting out fast food and soda...

annnnnnd....

all sugars (except fruit)
minimise fruit juice (even if its freshly squeezed, just eat the fruit equivalent)
bread
cereals...

sugary things is the most important though....you'l probably feel like ahit at the start but its worth it.

So what should I replace cereal with?

Egg whites, Go Lean! Crunch, etc.?

As far as other meals...chicken breast, fish...?

Originally Posted by unc1334

Care to elaborate on the dumbell workouts...?
hes trolling. how do you just come in a workout thread about cutting fat and say "dumbell workouts"

p90x is a great way to cut up. its 90days though. the aftereffect is well worth it though...

Originally Posted by BangDak

p90x is a great way to cut up. its 90days though. the aftereffect is well worth it though...
That program is useless in this situation. The only benefit would be getting ahold of the nurition plan for it, taking some ideas from there andincorporating it into his eating habits.

Originally Posted by Baalnood

cardio
boosting post count ftl, obviously cardio is gonna help

anyway, my method last year was to instead of directly cut out all "fatty" foods, increase your intake of fruits and vegetables. you'll be amazedat how much fiber takes a role in helping cut you up

No carbs no sugar and ten pounds will come off in the first two weeks... if you eat fruit have uncooked natural nuts after and your set

Cardio, Wieghts, and Diet. Try to get in at least 30 minutes 5 to 6 days a week. You can hoop, bike, run, stairs, sprints or elliptical(just a fewsuggestions). Then lift for about an hour. You can isolate muscles if you like (back and arms, chest and triceps, legs and shoulders) and do abs every day. Asfar as diet, drink a lot of water and cut out sugars and fatty foods. Try to eat a high protien diet and a lot of green veggies. I've always foundsupplements to be a waste of money, but that's just me.

kinda off topic. but i saw how p90x is and damn that %#!* is extreme
eek.gif

goodluck if you do that. it would def make you lose weight for sure
laugh.gif

You have to eat some carbs, eliminating them from your diet will help you get there no doubt about that but as soon as you start eating them again the weightwill just hop back on and if you are lifting you are def going to need carbs for energy. Try eating two slices of wheat bread or oatmeal with your breakfast(50g of carbs before lunch none after) include cardio (HIIT for faster results) no sugar unless its after your work out this would be a great time get aninsulin spike to pump energy into your muscles and revive your system because it will most likely be drained. And no junk food what so ever! good luck!

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by BangDak

That program is useless in this situation. The only benefit would be getting ahold of the nurition plan for it, taking some ideas from there and incorporating it into his eating habits.

How is it useless? If he does the lean or even classic program he will get ripped up something serious. By even doing the ab ripper x after his workouts.

Don't eliminate all carbohydrates, but rather limit yourself to complex carbohydrates (non-processed carbohydrates found in grains and other real foods) inmoderation. Check out HIIT and document what you eat. You'll see what you need to cut out if it obviously looks unhealthy or if patterns arise.

So what should I replace cereal with?

Egg whites, Go Lean! Crunch, etc.?

As far as other meals...chicken breast, fish...?
da +%$$ are those??
laugh.gif
sound like some hogwash
smh.gif

eat whatever you want man....people got it in there heads that they got eat so called 'breakfast items' in the morning
smh.gif
just eat good whole food that fills you up and gives you energy.

for example; try eating a steak with eggs in the morning.....i'll bet my life that holds you down better than crunch or go lean or whatever that $%@! is
laugh.gif

Smedroc wrote:

for example; try eating a steak with eggs in the morning.....i'll bet my life that holds you down better than crunch or go lean or whatever that $%@! is
laugh.gif

Need to eat a lot of calories and burn a lot of calories. Gotta stay super active to get cut - do heavy cardio (full court bball, run 3 miles, etc) every otherday. And maintain a high protein diet. Def do dumbells instead of machines - helps rips muscles and use good form.

What's up guys,

Well, summer is here and while I am always in the gym, I have gained an extra five to ten pounds over the last few months that I don't need. Im currently 6"0, 190. Now, this is a bit heavier than I would like. I can't lie, about six months ago I had my body fat taken and it was 8%, but since them I have added about eight pounds. I am by no means fat, and can run three miles easy, so I think most of my problem is in my diet. I'm cutting out fast food and soda now, but I have some extra weight in my lower stomach and small love handles that I want to see go..

What are the best workout and diets for this?

Any workout supplements that I can try that won't hurt me?
...so you're telling me you got down to 8% BF which is probably an athlete standard @ 6'1 (estimating 170lbs?) and you don't know howto cut down weight?

boy you ain't fooling no one...you should know what to do
smh.gif
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom