H1N1 FLU........UPDATE : Flu may be less potent than first feared (pg 32)

Level 5
eek.gif
This is how they are going to get us Raise alert level to 5 Say Pandemic is Imminent Get americans scared, give us vaccine ?????????? Profit

So are more people dying or are health leaders and news broadcasting just blowing this thing into a giant bubble.

If they are still uping the alert level or whatever is it because more and more people are dying or is this just pure hype.

smh if they are just gettin out of hand with this

I cant believe that of all the things I have done or taken in my life that should have killed me, a bird or a pig is going to take me out.

Originally Posted by Phil Le0tard0

Level 5
eek.gif
This is how they are going to get us Raise alert level to 5 Say Pandemic is Imminent Get americans scared, give us vaccine ?????????? Profit
Raise it to level 40
devil.gif

Originally Posted by Tarvald Drama Chase

they would declare a public health emergency..considering they are the ones who brought this upon us

Exactly. Them lab coats were hard at work.
tired.gif

is it just me or are neither the journalists nor the WHO providing any details or reasonings as to what exactly is causingthem to raise the "threat level" and declare an imminent pandemic? where is the "why" in all of the reporting? ...Im gonna keep lookingaround. but it seems they should have an immediate reason when they broadcast something like this. or are we all just that dumbed down that we don'trequire reasons and valid explanation anymore?

I go to St. John's
just got this email
[font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]We were recently notified of one undergraduate commuter student on the Queens Campus who has contracted the Swine Flu (A/H1N1) virus. The student was treated and has recovered at this time. Although the period of confinement in this case has passed, we are making every effort to notify those with whom the student has been in contact and advised them to seek medical attention if symptoms are evident.[/font][/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]If you have symptoms of the flu, whether it is specified as Swine Flu (A/H1N1) or not, in accordance with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, we strongly urge you to comply with the following:[/font][/font]
  1. [font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]The most important thing for you to do if you have a mild respiratory infection is to [font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]stay home[/font].[/font][/font][/font]
  2. [font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]If you develop a fever, sore throat or a cough, it is possible for you to spread the virus to those who have close contact with you.[/font][/font][/font]
  3. [font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]To help prevent transmission of influenza virus to your close contacts, the recommendation is to stay home for seven days after onset of symptoms, or until 24-48 hours after resolution of symptoms, whichever is longer.[/font][/font][/font]
  4. [font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]To wash your hands frequently; cover your mouth with a tissue and not with your hands when you cough; and dispose of the tissue in the trash.[/font][/font][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]If you or someone with whom you are in direct contact experience flu-like symptoms please call or visit your doctor. For Queens or Manhattan students, please call or visit our Student Health Services on the Queens campus, which is located on the first floor of DaSilva Hall in the Residence Village, 718-990-6360. For Staten Island students, please call or visit Student Health Services located in the Campus Center, Room B17, 718-390-4447.[/font][/font][/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
[/font]
[/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]You can rest assured that all necessary precautions are being taken by the University. We have also established protocol for addressing any new cases should they arise. Posters and flyers regarding prevention of this outbreak have been distributed on all of our campuses, as well as other University communication vehicles (e-mail, plasma screens across campus and St. John's Central announcements) are being utilized.[/font][/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]This is a rapidly evolving situation. Guidance may change in the upcoming days and weeks as more information becomes available. We will keep you posted of any new developments.[/font][/font]

they have no intention of closing school cause finals week is next week
smh.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Meh it's not like we don't have 3 classes left
laugh.gif
true lol.
taking finals in a surgical mask ftw. gonna get on my ventriloquism cheating $#*+.

Originally Posted by BTonNT

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Wow. Anybody watching CNN? "Swine Flu 'Pandemic Imminent"

I'm watching..... "All of humanity under threat under pandemic" , "heightened surveillance" mentioned...

maintain a healthy skepticism still. let's not buy into everything presented to us or thrown at us.

Thing is, it really is spreading..unlike the bird flu or SARS. What I want to know is how are the people being treated? What are they using?

I just watched a video that stated the Spanish Flu mutated because some of the people who contracted it on the army bases in Spain where exposed to toxicchemicals which caused it to mutate. I wonder..

Another update: A school around my way is being shutdown due to a "flu". They want to clear out the illness, and make sure it's not the"Swine Flu".

My goodness, I'm gon' go buy a mask tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom