Halo 4 Thread| The Pit Returns Aug.20

I redeemed the code and whatnot, where in the menus is it for me to use?

Ohhh so the code doesn't even unlock or do anything till I hit 50?

I dont know why you guys are complaining about the dmr and br. Every halo has been about being good with mid ranged scoped weapons. It actually seems like close ranged weapons are more viable now then in any other halo. The AR is strong as hell in this game plus there is the bolt shot,melee and the covenant plasma rifle and suppressor arent bad alternatives. I havent had any problems with campers but then again i use promethean vision so why would I. 

I dont know why you guys are complaining about the dmr and br. Every halo has been about being good with mid ranged scoped weapons. It actually seems like close ranged weapons are more viable now then in any other halo. The AR is strong as hell in this game plus there is the bolt shot,melee and the covenant plasma rifle and suppressor arent bad alternatives. I havent had any problems with campers but then again i use promethean vision so why would I. 
Its not that, its just the DMR, the DMRs too powerful, to the point where it breaks every map. They paid no attention to what it did in Reach and decided to make it even more powerful this time around. It makes no sense, it needs to be regulated to a map pick up only.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Last edited:
The dmr has is pretty much a semi-automatic sniper.

the br's range is for medium lengths so using it for long range requires a tad more skill which is good.

I'm with Az102 on this...

Halo 1 was the pistol
Halo 2 was the BR
Halo 3 was the BR
Halo 4 is the DMR

i dont mind the DMR... its like a weaker version of the Halo 1 pistol. It takes 5 shots to kill vs. 3SK pistol. They both shoot pretty far and everyone starts out with one which make it fair because basically whoever is the one that is more skilled will be on top.

Also there's a good amount of guns in this game that are pretty strong in close-mid range that could own someone with the DMR like the some of the promethean weapons, the saw, AR,etc. and the needler is actually deadly in this game.

compared to Halo 1 it was mostly about the pistol, sniper, rocket. Basically all of the other weapons weren't really used except for some close quarters combat. I loved playing that game and was a beast with the pistol back then so its probably the reason why I don't mind the DMR the way it is right now....

Last edited:
I'm with Az102 on this...

Halo 1 was the pistol
Halo 2 was the BR
Halo 3 was the BR
Halo 4 is the DMR

i dont mind the DMR... its like a weaker version of the Halo 1 pistol. It takes 5 shots to kill vs. 3SK pistol. They both shoot pretty far and everyone starts out with one which make it fair because basically whoever is the one that is more skilled will be on top.

Also there's a good amount of guns in this game that are pretty strong in close-mid range that could own someone with the DMR like the some of the promethean weapons, the saw, AR,etc. and the needler is actually deadly in this game.

compared to Halo 1 it was mostly about the pistol, sniper, rocket. Basically all of the other weapons weren't really used except for some close quarters combat. I loved playing that game and was a beast with the pistol back then so its probably the reason why I don't mind the DMR the way it is right now....
Aim Assist wasnt through the roof on the pistol though. If someone 3SK'd me from cross map in CE I wouldnt even care cause I know they had to work hard for that kill cause past a certain range it didnt lock onto player fir you. DMRs aim assist is the range of almost every map, and it leads to people never pushing cause theres little need too cause the can hang back and pin people down from anywhere. Almost every game of H4 Vahalla is like this, if the DMR and prob light rifle were gone (the range is just as long) this would be a non issue. If you ever get a chance, play some customs with no DMRs you'll see how much better the game plays.

Another problem that stems from this is running out of ammo. I run out of ammo all time cause its so easy to kill people from cross map that you never get an opportunity to get ammo from dead layers and theres no guns on the map which is the dumbest thing ever

They did do a good job with the weapon sandbox in this game, this is the first game that has more than 8 useful guns.

Last edited:
I think the game is fun and am enjoying it as is. I must be playing wrong.

no enjoy it too but every once in a while i will run into the problems they are talking about.

i dunno man. either the multiplayer competition is trash right now or i am kinda good at this game lol sniping is even easier now

Some specializations do make a difference. Wetworks is probably the best though. Promethean vision is almost useless against that specialty.

They do seem half assed and there should have been more. Do not put them in the game if they are gonna be almost useless.

I only played Spartan Ops once. I like watching the episodes though.

I wish my homies would play custom games to try the custom/remake maps with me but they rather play the matchmaking so they could get more XP :smh:

Last edited:
been playin Team Regicide this week. Really makes people actually go out and fight instead of being camping ******. Fun gametype too

Last edited:
As it stands right now Team Regicide is the best playlist in the game, which is nuts seeing as how bad FFA Regicide is and how VIP wasnt really a good playlist to begin with, but Regicide is just better for some reason. Finally started playing Slayer Pro now that I've learned the maps, feels good to not have to Pro Vis around every corner and worry about the Boltshot kids

Spartan Ops is terrible. I cant even deal with it at this point I'm bored within minutes.

Last edited:
The Crimson Map Pack is on the marketplace right now for 0 Microsoft Points. IDK if its a glitch or what but I'd try it. Doubt you'll get console banned or anything for a screw up that they made.

Ops isn't that bad. The lag does make it suck but I just play for the points. Basically just start it up and let the people finish it for you for an easy 5500 cr's

The Crimson Map Pack is on the marketplace right now for 0 Microsoft Points. IDK if its a glitch or what but I'd try it. Doubt you'll get console banned or anything for a screw up that they made.

downloaded it with the quickness. still 0 MS points

Back
Top Bottom