Halo 4 Thread| The Pit Returns Aug.20

Are there still pros from Halo 3 days rocking in MLG now.

Can't believe Halo was dropped from MLG and they picked up that camp fest COD
mean.gif

I haven't played this game or any Halo in a long time but here is my gamertag: Never Had Much

This week is double XP for COD so I'm going to be playing BLOPS:2 all weekend.

I'm not making promises that I'll jump on Halo 4... but if there is enough of you guys out there I would be willing to... or even Halo 3
pimp.gif
maybe even Reach... add me or send a friend request and let me know you're from NT.
A few of them. I got bored and watched a few games and saw some of the Halo tournament on stream. All the Reach ones are still playing over there too.
They stripped* Halo from MLG?
Yeah they did. This new league called AGL picked it up and thats where all the MLG pros went.

I got some stuff to do over the next few weeks but come mid June I will be playing this way more often.My gold expires like a week from now. Played last weekend and had a ton of fun with it. That Team Doubles Rail Gun abuse is serious. You can spend the entire game with one, its now in my top 10 weapon kills cause of how much it dominates Team Doubles.

Anyone who still plays alot have any comments about the "Competitive Skill Ranking" system they added. I havent really played enough games to notice a difference, but I'm a 44 and everyone on my FL that still plays is a 50 and the games we're getting feel the same. Its not like H3 where if you searched 50s in parties you got matched up with other people doing the same thing which is what I thought would happen.

Halo 4 Matchmaking and Weapons Tuning Update Coming June 3rd

In the coming weeks, 343 Industries will release a Halo 4 competitive multiplayer update that will tune weapons and add new playlists. The update aims to bring greater balance between Spartan weapons and the weapons on some vehicles.

With the update, the Battle Rifle will return to its 4-shot kill glory of the Halo 2/3 days to better counter long ranged weapons. The DMR will receive tweaks to the expansion of the reticle bloom to slightly increase the difficulty when killing enemies at long range. For more details on the changes to other weapons like the Covenant Carbine, LightRifle and Magnum, the Halo 4 Waypoint blog lists everything you need to know.

As for the vehicles, both the chain guns for the Mantis and Warthog will receive a 35% damage increase to bring back that fear whenever a Warthog heads in your direction.

When some 343 staff spoke with professional Halo player, Coby Yamauchi, about the upcoming update he said:

"I feel it would be a big benefit to tournament play. ... I believe the weapons tuning will help move Halo back into the direction of the competitive success of the earlier versions of Halo. "

In addition to the weapons tuning, players will see updates to current playlists and new maps added to the Forge Island playlist. 343 Industries selected 6 new community made maps built on the free Forge Island DLC made available as a free download in early April.

To see the new changes in action, 343 will live stream gameplay on their Twitch channel Friday, May 17th at 2pm PDT/5pm Eastern. 
With the update, the Battle Rifle will return to its 4-shot kill glory of the Halo 2/3 days to better counter long ranged weapons
With the update, the Battle Rifle will return to its 4-shot kill glory of the Halo 2/3 days
With the update, the Battle Rifle will return to its 4-shot kill glory 

remove drop outs. put weapons on the map and let us fight for them like the old days.

add respawn time + smaller better maps.

and you have yourself a great game.

the pieces were always there.

i might check out halo 3 starting june 3... but not a moment sooner. game is collecting dust on my shelf

^ so you want a new game lol. But I agree. Honestly whatever they do to the game I don't care anymore. The ship has sailed. It's sad that they know the game format sucks so bad that they've decided to just copy some of the old stuff. Said it before and I'll say it again, bring back halo 2 exactly the same and it's game over for the next 5-10 years

Last edited:
Some of the user created maps are like that, static weapon times in the same spots on set respawn timers, but it really isnt enough. Its not going to change past this weapon update more than likely. 

Avoiding Infinity Slayer solves the majority of the problems too, the whole concept of it is bad for fast gameplay. 

4-shot BR is back.. new gaming with all the Halo pros?.. I just wish they'd put Slayer Pro or add an MLG-esque playlist.

Been playing more and more lately and it seems that most people use AR and DMR.. I'm constantly running out of BR ammo if I do good. :smh:

4-shot BR is back.. new gaming with all the Halo pros?.. I just wish they'd put Slayer Pro or add an MLG-esque playlist.

Been playing more and more lately and it seems that most people use AR and DMR.. I'm constantly running out of BR ammo if I do good.
mean.gif
Me too man, depending on the map, I'll drop my Boltshot and just take the DMR off the first person I kill, the only map where it isnt an issue is Haven, seems like most people pick BRs on that map. Weapons on the map is what I really want the most.

Can someone help me out?
Haven't been on this game in months.
Downloaded the forge island thing..
But I don't see the playlist anywhere..

Can someone help me out?
Haven't been on this game in months.
Downloaded the forge island thing..
But I don't see the playlist anywhere..
Forge Island Playlist doesnt come out until June 3rd with the Title Update. I should have mentioned that my bad.

Forge Island Playlist doesnt come out until June 3rd with the Title Update. I should have mentioned that my bad.

Oh iight thanks.
I feel like community maps/games are the only thing worth playing.

343 rly dropped the ball..
They tried to change too much

Naw not tonight papi, I gotta study for finals..... Tuesday night I'm down tho!

BeMe you warrior
laugh.gif
Whats up man I havent seen you around in forever. Too busy having this thing called a life I take it.
BeMe do you still play H3 occasionally?
I used to up until the end of March then the population dropped even more and the UK kids took over
sick.gif
. Every other game I had to play them it was working my last nerve, thats when I just started playing H4 instead. I might have to hop back on and see if its changed cause H3 still>>>>>>> I was only finding games in Slayer and Doubles though. Were you on yesterday I could have sworn I saw you.

I used to up until the end of March then the population dropped even more and the UK kids took over
sick.gif
. Every other game I had to play them it was working my last nerve, thats when I just started playing H4 instead. I might have to hop back on and see if its changed cause H3 still>>>>>>> I was only finding games in Slayer and Doubles though. Were you on yesterday I could have sworn I saw you.
Didn't get online yesterday but I was on earlier for a few games of Blops 2 with friends.

I always see you playing Madden or NBA something but these days I only get online for 1 or 2 hours with some irl friends.

Damb was lookin through my thread subscriptions. Saw like 20+ replies :wow: was shocked lol

I still play halo. gt: KING AZANA

So your KING AZANA !

i was wondering which NTer added me on live lol

That new 4 shot BR sounds nice

I haven't been on in awhile

GT: Nujabez

Last edited:
Add Shooked.

Just getting back into the game since I'm off from school. I ran 50 MLG heavily on H3 and Reach on multiple accounts so I'm decent. Looking to run some competitive playlists.

Back
Top Bottom