Happy 11th, NikeTalk.

HBD #NT
pimp.gif

That 7 1/2 is mine. Hopefully with the site changes people will follow suit. Sick of the cheap laughs. With that said happy 11th anniversary NT fam!!

Awesome news 
pimp.gif

HBD NT. Admins, thanks for building something to help me (and others) waste copious amounts of time. I wouldnt have it any other way
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

That 7 1/2 is mine. Hopefully with the site changes people will follow suit. Sick of the cheap laughs. With that said happy 11th anniversary NT fam!!

Awesome news 
pimp.gif

HBD NT. Admins, thanks for building something to help me (and others) waste copious amounts of time. I wouldnt have it any other way
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

kinda wish it didn't have that "online sneaker community" banner on it...
that's a little tough to explain.

still copped.

HBD NT

My appreciations go to the staff that kept this ship floating through the rocks.

keep on keepin on!

Might grab a fitted myself.

HBD NT

My appreciations go to the staff that kept this ship floating through the rocks.

keep on keepin on!

Might grab a fitted myself.

kinda wish it didn't have that "online sneaker community" banner on it...
that's a little tough to explain.

still copped.

Originally Posted by ijapino

Happy 11th NT.

I'm proud to have been a member from the start!
You and Cameron Nelson exemplify what it means to be a true die hard.  Nike is to you what that Saturn is to Cam.  You just refuse to let it go, no matter how much time and money it costs you, no matter how routinely it disappoints you.  The dedication is astounding.

People don't realize that, in the old days, NT was populated exclusively by gurus like ijapino, csoldia, jumpmanst, greg of gnw, joe galvan, and others who were walking encyclopedias of sneaker culture.  There were no poseurs to be found.  The term "hypebeast" hadn't been coined yet.  You guys instantly imbued this community with your credibility and set the standard that, to this day, many users aspire to. 

New members often sign up for our forums so that people as knowledgeable and helpful as ijapino has been over the years would respond to their posts and answer their questions.  I'm proud he's been a member from the start, too.  Rookies look to vets to determine how to act.  They'd be hard pressed to find a better role model.
Save me a 7 3/8's, Meth
wink.gif

Honestly, I don't even know how the staff allocation will work yet.  I don't even wear caps anymore, but I gotta make sure I get mine. 

I'd like to point out that ALL of the credit for these caps goes to Rajah. 
This project is his baby.  As much as he loves fitteds, and anyone who's caught a glimpse of his collection knows what I'm talking about, there was never a chance that a NT cap would be made UNLESS it met his personal standards. 

We had no interest in getting hold of some blanks and having them embroidered in some back room.  It had to be an official New Era collab. 

Thanks to Cap City, you know the ordering process will be flawless.  The hiccups we experienced last year, when order fulfillment had to change hands due to scheduling issues, aren't a possibility this time out. 

You guys have been begging for NT fitteds for years now and we want this experience to meet and exceed your lofty expectations.  I can't wait to see the finished product.

I was hoping he'd be able to make the cap announcement today, but he's been incredibly busy lately.  Maybe I can convince him to step to the forefront when the release date and ordering information have been finalized so you guys can give him the thanks he so richly deserves for making this product a reality. 

I've done next to nothing on this.  He handled the design and made all of the arrangements.  All I had to do was sit back and give him my thumbs up in approval.  (cue the Popovich gif.)

So, if you guys are excited about the caps, please don't thank me - thank Rajah and thank the gang at Cap City.  They've done all the hard work.  I'm just the messenger.

Can we make a celebratory PYP, Meth? Just kidding.
I'll let my past self field this one: 
to be honest, I don't really feel like celebrating.

Originally Posted by ijapino

Happy 11th NT.

I'm proud to have been a member from the start!
You and Cameron Nelson exemplify what it means to be a true die hard.  Nike is to you what that Saturn is to Cam.  You just refuse to let it go, no matter how much time and money it costs you, no matter how routinely it disappoints you.  The dedication is astounding.

People don't realize that, in the old days, NT was populated exclusively by gurus like ijapino, csoldia, jumpmanst, greg of gnw, joe galvan, and others who were walking encyclopedias of sneaker culture.  There were no poseurs to be found.  The term "hypebeast" hadn't been coined yet.  You guys instantly imbued this community with your credibility and set the standard that, to this day, many users aspire to. 

New members often sign up for our forums so that people as knowledgeable and helpful as ijapino has been over the years would respond to their posts and answer their questions.  I'm proud he's been a member from the start, too.  Rookies look to vets to determine how to act.  They'd be hard pressed to find a better role model.
Save me a 7 3/8's, Meth
wink.gif

Honestly, I don't even know how the staff allocation will work yet.  I don't even wear caps anymore, but I gotta make sure I get mine. 

I'd like to point out that ALL of the credit for these caps goes to Rajah. 
This project is his baby.  As much as he loves fitteds, and anyone who's caught a glimpse of his collection knows what I'm talking about, there was never a chance that a NT cap would be made UNLESS it met his personal standards. 

We had no interest in getting hold of some blanks and having them embroidered in some back room.  It had to be an official New Era collab. 

Thanks to Cap City, you know the ordering process will be flawless.  The hiccups we experienced last year, when order fulfillment had to change hands due to scheduling issues, aren't a possibility this time out. 

You guys have been begging for NT fitteds for years now and we want this experience to meet and exceed your lofty expectations.  I can't wait to see the finished product.

I was hoping he'd be able to make the cap announcement today, but he's been incredibly busy lately.  Maybe I can convince him to step to the forefront when the release date and ordering information have been finalized so you guys can give him the thanks he so richly deserves for making this product a reality. 

I've done next to nothing on this.  He handled the design and made all of the arrangements.  All I had to do was sit back and give him my thumbs up in approval.  (cue the Popovich gif.)

So, if you guys are excited about the caps, please don't thank me - thank Rajah and thank the gang at Cap City.  They've done all the hard work.  I'm just the messenger.

Can we make a celebratory PYP, Meth? Just kidding.
I'll let my past self field this one: 
to be honest, I don't really feel like celebrating.

Back
Top Bottom