Happy Birthday J Dilla (Dilla Appreciation)

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

GOAT producer.

No way!? J dilla and nujabes have the same birthday/Birth year? Insane, happy birthday to both,
smile.gif

So Play the resurrector and give the dead some life.-Phife Dawg

I paused yesterday realizing we lost both that were so talented not knowing they shared the same birthday (if true). Damn. Found this on the "internets"...

Will be playing Donuts & other various Dilla works today
pimp.gif

HBD to a legend & one of the best to ever do it.

36e364e76eeccd2e7eb013c534b40a6d0408c768_r.jpg

Pitchfork.com reported there will be a concert Friday February 10th in Detroit. Hope you Detroit NTers get to go. If so, please post photos or report back. Here's the link to the story. Played Dilla & Nujabes all day today...Made for a very chill day at work....Had people vibin'.

This Friday marks the six-year anniversary of the death of massively influential producer James Yancey, aka J Dilla. In commemoration, the Fillmore in Detroit will host Dilla Day Detroit, featuring performances from Detroit native Danny Brown, Jay Electronica, Busta Rhymes, A Tribe Called Quest's Phife Dawg, J Rocc, Phat Kat, and more.

The commemorative show will be webcast, and proceeds from the show will go toward the J Dilla Foundation and to the production of an upcoming album of Dilla material, Rebirth of Detroit. On Saturday, a Dilla Day for youth will take place, featuring exhibitions and interactive emceeing and production tutorials.

"...video made for Dilla's classic "Last Donut of the Night" by Finnish filmmakers Tuomas Vauhkonen and Jeremias Nieminen on behalf of Stones Throw Records."

Edit- I can see  the embedded code show the vid in preview mode, but once it posted it was ghost...Here's the link. I love yuku...

RIP to the greatest hip hop composer of all time. Producer doesn't even begin to describe this man and the way he blessed the mp. Thank you, Jay Dee. 

I regularly post in the Jazz thread. This is one of the best young cats playing today. His Black Radio is set to release February 28th. This one's gonna be more R&B than jazz. This song is him playing some tunes Dilla sampled. Check it out...

all the great musical wizards are gone mane and it saddens me rip/belateds to Dilla and Jun

R.I.P J Dilla

The red is one of my favorite Dilla beats. I can have this beat on repeat all day.

Originally Posted by onna

No way!? J dilla and nujabes have the same birthday/Birth year? Insane, happy birthday to both,
smile.gif

So Play the resurrector and give the dead some life.-Phife Dawg

NO WAY!!! That's TOO wild.

Happy belated birthday J Dilla. Man of his own league.

Back
Top Bottom