Harder to make friends when you get older?

Yup.

All people do is work and more than likely, your schedule is different for theirs.
People stay locked down with their girlfriend or boyfriend.
Some people are still going to school part time or whatever following the "normal" college age from 18-23.
People have kids to take care of.

So...undoubtedly. It is harder but not impossible to make friends and yes...college is the height of your social life.

Yup.

All people do is work and more than likely, your schedule is different for theirs.
People stay locked down with their girlfriend or boyfriend.
Some people are still going to school part time or whatever following the "normal" college age from 18-23.
People have kids to take care of.

So...undoubtedly. It is harder but not impossible to make friends and yes...college is the height of your social life.

This is 100% true...I graduated college a year ago and barely hang out with anyone I knew from my time there. Most people have either moved away for a job/grad school or work full time. There's so many people who Ive drifted apart from after graduating. Right now I probably hang out with 2-3 people regularly and spend most of my time working, watching movies, or working out.

This is 100% true...I graduated college a year ago and barely hang out with anyone I knew from my time there. Most people have either moved away for a job/grad school or work full time. There's so many people who Ive drifted apart from after graduating. Right now I probably hang out with 2-3 people regularly and spend most of my time working, watching movies, or working out.

College is the peak of your social life for sure. But I still find myself hanging out with the same people who I've known since middle school and high school. I've only made acquaintances in college.

College is the peak of your social life for sure. But I still find myself hanging out with the same people who I've known since middle school and high school. I've only made acquaintances in college.

i never cared much for friends and from experiences with so called "friends" i learned that i was within my right to think this.

i never cared much for friends and from experiences with so called "friends" i learned that i was within my right to think this.

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by nosepiker

There are no friends in this world..
Maybe when you stop picking your nose, people will want to be friends with you. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I always give people distance, and become friendlier with acquaintances the more often I see them. Back in the college days it's easy to make friends because everyone there is in a similar position, so chillin' together is no problem. Nowadays, if I invite some one I barely met to a gathering, and if he/she doesn't come no problem. We get older, we get more focused on our profession/work, and sometimes $%^& happens. There's always a next time.

I always give people distance, and become friendlier with acquaintances the more often I see them. Back in the college days it's easy to make friends because everyone there is in a similar position, so chillin' together is no problem. Nowadays, if I invite some one I barely met to a gathering, and if he/she doesn't come no problem. We get older, we get more focused on our profession/work, and sometimes $%^& happens. There's always a next time.

Back
Top Bottom