Harry Belafonte was Right about Jay-Z vol. Good Read

so he's every other successful rapper not named will smith or eminem?
Marshall has said that word tho...
"But I've heard people say they heard the tape and it ain't that bad
But it was I singled out a whole race and for that apologize"

Last edited:
It left out 99 Problems from Ice-T as well as some others,

Crazy thing is that video is from 07. An updated version would be like 12 minutes long cause now he's not just "paying homage" to rappers. He's stealing from rock/grunge too.
Kurt Cobain rolling in his grave.

the point is in order for their music to be successful and for them to stay relavant they have to say things that people want to hear, even if they don't plan on going through with those plans.
When keeping it real goes wrong.

I haven't seen anybody say Jay needs to get sentenced to jail like Ali or March on Washington, but it isn't asking much of him to not turn a blind eye to racism at Barney's.
When folks like you and others say "racism at Barney's" do you all think it is the company policy of Barney's to harass or profile every black person that enters their doors to shop??

Also what I wasnt sure about was how the point you are making related in any way to the point I was making, that you rebutted.
My point was if Jay-Z doesnt want to be looked at as an activist then stop saying that's what you are.

One has nothing to do with the other.
Unless you are saying that Jay-Z is doing this to stay relevant. In which case makes him look even more fake.
that's what I meant. He doing this whole faux "I'm an activist" type thing to maintain and gain popularity amongst the youth and younger audience. The reason I brought up other rappers is to show it's definitely not just jay doing this and while I agree that you definitely don't have to talk violence drugs and sex in hip hop to be successful it is done more often than not, considerably more than not if we're being honest.

When folks like you and others say "racism at Barney's" do you all think it is the company policy of Barney's to harass or profile every black person that enters their doors to shop??
it's more like racial profiling. If a black or any dark skinned person walked through the door in a nice suit and spoke eloquently with proper mannerisms they would be less inclined to feel that something is wrong. Now if said black person was rocking beats listening to music at top volume and had his pants sagging to his knees and used the n word in every sentence then the barneys workers started their ****. It is definitely not right and should be changed.

it's more like racial profiling. If a black or any dark skinned person walked through the door in a nice suit and spoke eloquently with proper mannerisms they would be less inclined to feel that something is wrong. Now if said black person was rocking beats listening to music at top volume and had his pants sagging to his knees and used the n word in every sentence then the barneys workers started their ****. It is definitely not right and should be changed.
I hear you and agree with you on those points your raised, but again do you personally think racial profiling is about of Barney's standard procedure of operation company-wide, or apart of their company policy?

I really couldnt tell you, I'm not sure. Ive shopped there before and felt ok. My SA for shoes over there is dark skinned himself(cool guy, got to buy a pair at some point but they are so damn expensive :frown: :lol: )

With that said I can't ignore the fact that I'm white and all the news regarding racial profiling. It happened far too often to merely be a coincidence. Someone must be telling those employees something and someone must also be contacting the cops and it damn sure aint no customer. I've never heard of something like that happening at Saks or any other shop

If you want someone to respect you; you must respect yourself. We can't blame other races, governments, or uncle tom's for our problems. We must check ourselves first. We can't get mad because a celebrity chooses not to give back; it's their money. If you don't like an artist for whatever reason, don't patronize them; It's simple. 

What we do know is that Barneys policies and or procedures led to the racial profiling and harrassment of Black customers.
Again, why cry because the whiteman clearly doesn't want your business nor money? Stop patronizing their brand and either make your own clothes or buy something else. Stop begging and start something of your own. 

Again, why cry because the whiteman clearly doesn't want your business nor money? Stop patronizing their brand and either make your own clothes or buy something else. Stop begging and start something of your own. 
hold up, barneys doesn't represent the white man I don't know what ur talkin about b

Nah, GuccGermaine
k, didn't see him quoting u just his post. It's funny how dude is saying he doesn't shop at those types of establishments yet puts whites in a negative light like we all racially profile or something

Nah, GuccGermaine
k, didn't see him quoting u just his post. It's funny how dude is saying he doesn't shop at those types of establishments yet puts whites in a negative light like we all racially profile or something
"k"? 
laugh.gif
 I'll let you too have your moment. Clearly you too can't read for comprehension. 

Back
Top Bottom