Has anybody's Jordan XI's made their feet bleed? HELP!!!

First of all, I would just like to say that I think the Jordan XI's are one of the best looking basketball shoes. In this particular situation, we are dealing with a pair of Concord's, which I consider to be the best colorway. I wore them every now and then for walking around, but I never played basketball in them. I have actually never worn any XI's for athletic purposes as I could just not bring myself to do it. But I finally decided to bust them out, which turned out to be a bad idea. Over the course of four pick-up games, my feet got destroyed. My pinky toes on both feet were rubbed raw to the point of bleeding and the balls of my feet (portion below the big toe) had huge water blisters. And what's worse is that my pinky toes bled through the shoe onto the mesh and it's definitely noticeable. There's a seam on the inside of the shoe where the patent leather meets the mesh and it must have rubbed on my pinky toes to make them bleed. I'm not entirely sure what caused the water blisters though. I used a Clorox Bleach Pen which has helped make the blood stain less noticeable, but the stain doesn't bother me as much as it might bother others. What upsets me is that my favorite shoes felt horrible on the court. Has anybody else had this happen to them when they first wore their XI's for basketball? If so, will they end up being comfortable if I stick with them? Or do you think maybe I need a smaller size even though I'm always a 10.5? Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

wow thats brutal... i think it's beacuse the patent is very stiff at first, but after playing in a while i think they soften up... because i remember the first few times playing ball in my XIX SE and the patent was killing my pinky toe as well (didnt make em bleed), but after a while, they became very comfy and theyre the best basketball shoes i've ever played in
(|TEAM JAYS|)
A.J. Burnett--Roy Halladay--Troy Glaus--Aaron Hill--Lyle Overbay--Alex Rios--Vernon Wells--Frank Thomas​

Thanks for your reply fenix! It's been a week since the incident and my toes are still pretty raw. They really did do a number on my toes. Regardless, I'm playing again later on today and I'm just going to wear my FP1's to play it safe since I've never had any complaints with them. They're like the best basketball shoes of all time. But I hope what you said is right. I'll go ahead and wear them again once my toes are completely healed and I hope they will get broken in and I'll be more happy with them. Wish me luck!

Back
Top Bottom