Has anyone else been using StockX?

At first I liked the idea of stockX. Until I bought a shoe for $250. After the fees shipping and tax it was more than I wanted to spend. This internet sales tax is garbage and makes me want to find ways to buy without tax like I managed to do yesterday. I could deal with the fees if it weren’t for taxes on top of it.
It's not a StockX thing, it's a new law thing. Everyone is having to add it. Sucks but honestly it never made sense that we paid tax at a local store and not on the internet.

It's by state. Nobody is exempt.

Negative, stockX charged me tax. Purchases were within a week of each other. GA is not tax exempt. GOAT just didn't charge me.

StockX - Phosphor MNVN, tax

Goat - Fog1 Triple Black, Yeezy QNTM, no tax.

Same ship to address.

Negative, stockX charged me tax. Purchases were within a week of each other. GA is not tax exempt. GOAT just didn't charge me.

StockX - Phosphor MNVN, tax

Goat - Fog1 Triple Black, Yeezy QNTM, no tax.

Same ship to address.
It's kinda hit or miss right now as it's all being implemented. I can 100% guarantee you that GOAT will be charging tax. They aren't exempt.

My point is I was cool paying fees to help keep a business afloat but I’m not cool adding tax to go to greedy government. A local store is different as I need to drive on public roads to get to the store and what not. Taxes have gotten out of control as it is so on principle I will limit online transactions subjected to fees/tax/shipping.

My point is I was cool paying fees to help keep a business afloat but I’m not cool adding tax to go to greedy government. A local store is different as I need to drive on public roads to get to the store and what not. Taxes have gotten out of control as it is so on principle I will limit online transactions subjected to fees/tax/shipping.
The delivery guy uses roads to deliver to you.

My only purchase on StockX was right before the buyer fee implementation and no state tax. I've been using Ebay more to sell low dollar items since they dropped their fees. Anything over 450 I just eat the fees on The G or SX not willing to risk it on the bay. 1 thing I check my buyers profile and info before I ship on the bay, if anything looks sketchy I'm cancelling on that ***. None of that "I didnt update my address" from the buyer bs either :lol:

My only purchase on StockX was right before the buyer fee implementation and no state tax. I've been using Ebay more to sell low dollar items since they dropped their fees. Anything over 450 I just eat the fees on The G or SX not willing to risk it on the bay. 1 thing I check my buyers profile and info before I ship on the bay, if anything looks sketchy I'm cancelling on that ***. None of that "I didnt update my address" from the buyer bs either :lol:
keep in mind that the 0% final value fee only applies to items sold for $100 or more (not including tax and shipping)

does anyone know or have an idea when the manhattan stockx drop off location will open ?

i cant find an answer anywhere

I asked Stockx to remove my CC info (because for some dumb reason there is no way to do it on the site) and the morons deleted my whole account...

My story. Ordered the 2019 VI Bred off StockX. Waited 7 business days for shipping. They came in with heavy flaws. Perhaps the worse was a total rip in the suede.
xoxL2bH

I contacted support who said it was glue. I replied back saying it was not glue, as the material was completely indented and the suede was torn. Unacceptable for 359$ after fees etc. StockX sent me return label and said if they find it to be a rip, I get a refund. If not, I get charged 14$ and shipped the item back. Bought a lil over 3 grand and this was my first negative purchase,. Just mailed them back today so we will see what happens.

My story. Ordered the 2019 VI Bred off StockX. Waited 7 business days for shipping. They came in with heavy flaws. Perhaps the worse was a total rip in the suede.
xoxL2bH

I contacted support who said it was glue. I replied back saying it was not glue, as the material was completely indented and the suede was torn. Unacceptable for 359$ after fees etc. StockX sent me return label and said if they find it to be a rip, I get a refund. If not, I get charged 14$ and shipped the item back. Bought a lil over 3 grand and this was my first negative purchase,. Just mailed them back today so we will see what happens.
If you got those from FootLocker on release day, would you have returned them?

If you got those from FootLocker on release day, would you have returned them?
Yes, I have no problem returning shoes with a tear in the material. Returned a 2016 pair of cement 4s to finish line for a deep scratch in the leather right in the middle of the toe box too.

xoxL2bH

Jesus, that's supposed to be suede? JB materials are really something :rofl:

Honestly though, hope it works out for you. Stockx has been really behind when getting stuff sent to them, so make sure you get on them via Twitter if you don't hear back.

I sold a pair of shoes last week. I shipped them on Tuesday (5/19), they were delivered on Thursday (5/21), and I received my payout yesterday (5/27).

xoxL2bH

That's a tough one cuzzo. Can't call it.

Hopefully, the old "customer is always right" adage shows up for you on this one... Would hate for you to pay another $14 on top for something you are not happy with.

Your story is another one that always reminds me that a significant portion of what is sold to these middleman companies are pairs that people would rather not keep in their collection because of subpar quality. The motivation to sell is more about dumping a wack pair vs. money - profit just being a bonus.

Update: StockX received my shoes about 4 hours ago. Have not heard back. Went to my StockX buying page and the shoes have vanished off the website. I think they are issuing a refund?

Does the “authenticator is verifying your item” status take a while now? I don’t remember seeing it for a full day before.

Yea it happened to me recently. It was like that for almost 2 days. I got paranoid thinking they rejected my item, but it went thru just fine and I got paid out.

Back
Top Bottom