Has anyone else been using StockX?

What is this new hyperwallet thing? It’s making me update my payout info again. StockX is always doing the most.
160jordansdeep 160jordansdeep searched on twitter and yikes. You’re not kidding. The amount of people with issues is crazy.
I don’t expect them to be perfect. Problems are always going to happen, but seeing people waiting weeks and even months to have an issue resolved is awful. It seems like after a while they just start ignoring people.

What is this new hyperwallet thing? It’s making me update my payout info again. StockX is always doing the most.
160jordansdeep 160jordansdeep searched on twitter and yikes. You’re not kidding. The amount of people with issues is crazy.
I don’t expect them to be perfect. Problems are always going to happen, but seeing people waiting weeks and even months to have an issue resolved is awful. It seems like after a while they just start ignoring people.

stock x can’t get these stuff together

Look at this generic answer it means everything

In normal class action suits, you’re contacted through e mail and snail mail. You have the option to opt out, if not you fill out some info.
I was part of a class action suit from a former employer...it was nice getting a check for 8k after taxes...not that I think I would get anything close to that if anything

sent a few things to stockx last week...everything got there Friday and got notification for the two streetwear items being verified but not the shoes

I was part of a class action suit from a former employer...it was nice getting a check for 8k after taxes...not that I think I would get anything close to that if anything

sent a few things to stockx last week...everything got there Friday and got notification for the two streetwear items being verified but not the shoes

It sounds like they have things under control going forward. Hopefully everyone who has backlogged issues gets their issues settled.

That’s beyond fu*ked up. This company is way too big to keep it together and provide good service for a good number of customers. In the same breath they’re way too big to fail and there’s no way enough of us will or would stop using them to make em feel the pain of losing business. They also seem to always have better pricing than their only direct competition ( GOAT ) which is another thing that keeps us coming back. Their added 3% fee is total BS and we’ve seen all the horror stories and yet we keep going back. I’m guilty myself but I’ve also never had a bad experience. I wish there was a company that could or would drop the hammer and hold them accountable for incidents like the above tweet. Nobody customer should be treated that badly and ignored that long. And then they ask you to provide the same info you’ve already provided multiple times ? That’s unbelievably frustrating.

I swore that I was going to stop using them, but then a pair that I’ve had my eye on were available at a price I was good with...

EBBBE6A4-76DC-4913-95D8-93BF55098F8E.gif
Can’t say I blame ya. Cash is king and a good price is a good price and very hard to resist. I’m a fiend for good deals and pride myself on building my shoe and clothes collection on almost exclusively finding steals.

That’s beyond fu*ked up. This company is way too big to keep it together and provide good service for a good number of customers. In the same breath they’re way too big to fail and there’s no way enough of us will or would stop using them to make em feel the pain of losing business. They also seem to always have better pricing than their only direct competition ( GOAT ) which is another thing that keeps us coming back. Their added 3% fee is total BS and we’ve seen all the horror stories and yet we keep going back. I’m guilty myself but I’ve also never had a bad experience. I wish there was a company that could or would drop the hammer and hold them accountable for incidents like the above tweet. Nobody customer should be treated that badly and ignored that long. And then they ask you to provide the same info you’ve already provided multiple times ? That’s unbelievably frustrating.

these problems are the reason I stopped buy and selling off StockX untill I see people Getting there money and product

if I sell Ill take a little less To get the cash in my hands and if I’m buying I’ll spend. Little more Not to deal with the BS stockx passes off as a legit business

There are so many horror stories about StockX to read about on Twitter

Don't believe everything you read on Twitter. Not just in relation to StockX, just in general.

your right about believing stuff on twitter but there must be some truth to all these problems with StockX
too many complaints

I don’t think anybody’s really bad mouthing them to make StockX look bad but StockX still has major problems

Last edited:
Ordered my bearbricks from Stockx on Sept. 1. Tuesday will be 2 weeks. Yet still waiting for authentication.

Last edited by a moderator:
these problems are the reason I stopped buy and selling off StockX untill I see people Getting there money and product

if I sell Ill take a little less To get the cash in my hands and if I’m buying I’ll spend. Little more Not to deal with the BS stockx passes off as a legit business

There are so many horror stories about StockX to read about on Twitter
That’s definitely a good way to go about it. I know I’ve spent more in the past on a few pair just for piece of mind. I typically catch a lot of steals but certain pairs I’ve wanted I just said screw it and pay the extra to not worry or for the convenience of it. At this point I’m with you and am ready to sell a few pairs I bought strictly for resell for a little less to not have to deal with the potential wait times and possible BS I may be hit with selling through SX.

I will say I've been annoyed lately. I have 2 pair that were delivered in May and still show as pending. I messaged them and they say they show them delivered but for whatever reason they still show as pending. Ive emailed multiple times and the replies make no sense at all.

your right about believing stuff on twitter but there must be some truth to all these problems with StockX
too many complaints

I don’t think anybody’s really bad mouthing them to make StockX look bad but StockX still has major problems
I typically look at who it is that’s complaining or tweeting horror stories. Most of the ones I’ve looked into seem to come from people that appear to have no reason to lie or make up something so specific. I personally waited 3-3 1/2 weeks for a payout for a pair of zebra 350’s that I sent in a while back. I actually forgot about it until just now when I read your comment. That’s the only bad experience I had with them. I’ve sold 4 pair and purchased 6-7 pair and every time was fairly smooth and I considered myself lucky I only had one bad experience. My last purchase was the red metallic 4’s. They shipped from Germany if I recall correctly and from the date of purchase to the time it hit my doorstep was 7 days total. I live in Massachusetts. I was shocked it went so smoothly and they shipped from overseas to the states in like 4 days as it took the seller 2-3 days to get them to StockX.

DHL is really fast with their delivery times.

Just to add I use StockX quite a bit so I'm a neutral observer in this thread. Overall I'd say my experience through the years has been positive though I have lowered my expectations of them earlier this year after having to deal with various issues never had to deal with before. I understand a lot of the complaints and issues people are having with the slow turnaround time buying and selling though I don't let that bother me or I'd be constantly frustrated with them at this point. But this past week I'm now dealing with them sending me a worn shoe and a fake Grateful Dead SB. Both seem like the verification process was done very carelessly especially in the case of the GD SB where I could tell something was off the moment I opened the box. It disturbs me that for a limited and higher priced shoe it seems that they don't have a more precise verification process for it and who knows how many of these fake pairs they have authorized into the market. I do hope for the market's sake they get their **** together since my confidence is trending in the wrong direction and I generally think I have more patience and understanding than their typical user.

I will say I've been annoyed lately. I have 2 pair that were delivered in May and still show as pending. I messaged them and they say they show them delivered but for whatever reason they still show as pending. Ive emailed multiple times and the replies make no sense at all.
I purchased a TNF Supreme shirt from them on 11/7/19, it came from Europe, and it still says item en route to you. App has been updated. :lol:. Its been delivered last year. Its the least of my worries.

Just to add I use StockX quite a bit so I'm a neutral observer in this thread. Overall I'd say my experience through the years has been positive though I have lowered my expectations of them earlier this year after having to deal with various issues never had to deal with before. I understand a lot of the complaints and issues people are having with the slow turnaround time buying and selling though I don't let that bother me or I'd be constantly frustrated with them at this point. But this past week I'm now dealing with them sending me a worn shoe and a fake Grateful Dead SB. Both seem like the verification process was done very carelessly especially in the case of the GD SB where I could tell something was off the moment I opened the box. It disturbs me that for a limited and higher priced shoe it seems that they don't have a more precise verification process for it and who knows how many of these fake pairs they have authorized into the market. I do hope for the market's sake they get their **** together since my confidence is trending in the wrong direction and I generally think I have more patience and understanding than their typical user.
Sorry to hear that man and that is unbelievably frustrating. The fact that they are a middleman service and are supposed to be good at authenticating shoes It really sucks when you were able to tell immediately that something was wrong. Especially for a shoe that costs as much as these do. OK I would understand if it was in a pair of Air Force 1’s. Still not cool but more understandable. But a pair of GD SB’s ?? that someone not only paid a pretty penny for but SX took a good chunk for their services/outrageous fees. Totally unacceptable.

Last edited:
This entire page of comments is just a testament to how far they've fallen off from where they used to be. I don't even blame Luber for getting the hell out of there asap

This entire page of comments is just a testament to how far they've fallen off from where they used to be. I don't even blame Luber for getting the hell out of there asap
That has to suck when you start something that’s groundbreaking and has become the standard only to see someone else come in and start throwing ridiculous ideas around and putting things in place that go against what you started and maybe stand for. They started charging an extra 3% in the middle of the pandemic and claim they had to do it in order to put more money into the business and things stayed horrific for months afterward. I’m convinced that greedy bastard just wanted to put more money into his pocket and not necessarily the business. I don’t care if they’re finally back to normal, they did so much damage over the past 4 or so months that I will forever see them as a terrible company that is not for the culture in any way, shape or form. Luber definitely pulled the rip cord at the right time that’s for damn sure.

Edit : I was referring to Cutler as the greedy bastard not Luber. I was pretty sure Luber was actually into shoes and the culture which was more than likely part of why it was so successful from the start. That and SX was just a great idea in general. Cutler just seems like a executive suit.

Last edited:
That has to suck when you start something that’s groundbreaking and has become the standard only to see someone else come in and start throwing ridiculous ideas around and putting things in place that go against what you started and maybe stand for. They started charging an extra 3% in the middle of the pandemic and claim they had to do it in order to put more money into the business and things stayed horrific for months afterward. I’m convinced that greedy bastard just wanted to put more money into his pocket and not necessarily the business. I don’t care if they’re finally back to normal, they did so much damage over the past 4 or so months that I will forever see them as a terrible company that is not for the culture in any way, shape or form. Luber definitely pulled the rip cord at the right time that’s for damn sure.

when you say “greedy bastard” are you referring to Luber or Cutler? I think all these issues became magnified after Cutler came on board, including the arbitrary 3% fee

I tried to set up my payment in the app to buy using PayPal, it keeps giving errors. If I had to get my money back, I would file a claim with PayPal.

Back
Top Bottom