Has anyone else been using StockX?

I just bought my 2nd shoe on Stockx, the seller shipped it quickly, and it arrived at Stockx in like a day or two.

The next day I got an email that it failed verification and that they have another one coming for me. That seller shipped the next day and it's currently been enroute to Stockx for about 2 days. Will update here, but I really hope it goes smoothly after seeing all these horror stories. Only copped on Stockx cuz that was the only place w/ my size.

Yea this company is really affected by this pandemic, and some of the sellers are messing it up. Stockx was a pretty good place when they started. :smh: Guess I have to find my bearbricks somewhere else. If anyone is selling, pm me, I'm interested. Wasted 3 weeks waiting.
8212020164354.jpg

Wait did both fail authentication? Meaning your original order failed and then the second one they tried to source failed too?

Yea mines 1.5k :lol:

if it was $150 or something cool I can wait and eat with it but I’m not tryna begiven therun around over that much money

I just checked twitter (rarely go on there), it's an utter s**t show - so many folks in same situation, no payouts for sellers and shoes not turning up for buyers. Also spoke to another seller who said expect a 6 week wait for funds :smh:

Yup. Both sellers failed authentication for their bearbricks.

Wtf, that is really ****ing weird. Didn't those just drop? I can't imagine people stateside already having fakes of those ready to go...I wonder what was wrong with them to fail them both times.

I actually had a different Bearbrick for sale earlier but I just pulled that auction cuz I don't want to send mine in and get them rejected.

My shoes just failed and I am really struggling to understand why as well, because I am almost positive there's no fakes of them either. I really hope the second ones pass because the next pair on there is like $150 more than I paid...

Yup. Both sellers failed authentication for their bearbricks.

Something isn't right - How can one side of the business be working (shipping / authentication) at least from my point of view, and the payout taking so long. They must be intentionally sitting on the funds for some cash flow reason. There is a chance that your bearbricks had box damage or something? Did they not say why they failed?

On a lighter note here is one I picked up last year.. been after him for years!
IMG_8720.JPG

Something isn't right - How can one side of the business be working (shipping / authentication) at least from my point of view, and the payout taking so long. They must be intentionally sitting on the funds for some cash flow reason.
All of the issues have come since they implemented that new payout system. I got the email to update my info but idk what all that system consists of. It doesn't seem to be going well though.

Something isn't right - How can one side of the business be working (shipping / authentication) at least from my point of view, and the payout taking so long. They must be intentionally sitting on the funds for some cash flow reason. There is a chance that your bearbricks had box damage or something? Did they not say why they failed?

On a lighter note here is one I picked up last year.. been after him for years!
IMG_8720.JPG
Nah, they didn't mention condition or anything. I placed an order on 9/1/20. They said the 1st order didn't pass verification on 9/17/20. It was that was the "awareness" message.

They said they'll match me with a new seller. On 9/21/20 then they said that order didn't make it through and they refunded me.

I would suspect sellers didnt have the complete packaging and, or accessories. Maybe the packaging had big cuts somewhere or the bearbrick was faulty in some way. I've seen similar listings on Grailed and Ebay and some sets are sealed, so theres no way to open the box and check the bearbricks without removing the plastic packaging/seal. Could have been dents or rips somewhere or something.

Wtf, that is really ****ing weird. Didn't those just drop? I can't imagine people stateside already having fakes of those ready to go...I wonder what was wrong with them to fail them both times.

I actually had a different Bearbrick for sale earlier but I just pulled that auction cuz I don't want to send mine in and get them rejected.

My shoes just failed and I am really struggling to understand why as well, because I am almost positive there's no fakes of them either. I really hope the second ones pass because the next pair on there is like $150 more than I paid...

Yup these dropped in March 2020 iirc, so these good new deadstock condition. I have no clue if fakes of these were made. Thats a headache. Theres some stringent verification or authentication going on, or they are being pretty petty about some small details in my opinion. Maybe they're right, the product is missing something, maybe there's some fault, or maybe it aint legit.

Anyways I hope you have good luck getting your order.

the 3rd party payment company is called Hyperwallet (owned by PayPal) If you look on twitter no one is getting paid out.
They need to address it. Like I said earlier, I assume its an issue with the switch to 3rd party but someone from StockX and Hyperwallet need to address is publicly. Having people wait 2 weeks with no word is wrong. If the transfer to internal to 3rd party got ****ed up and there's delays, say that. Open communication is always better than just staying silent.

dblplay1212 dblplay1212 I've pretty much written the cash off at this point. You cant get hold of anyone there, and when you do, you get cookie cutter template e-mails. Just a terrible terrible experience and I'd warn anyone from going anywhere near them as a seller. I feel like a sucker - 2.5K out of pocket (or a few pairs of sneakers down) and didn't even get an apology. Worst online experience by far.

Last edited:
^ Out of curiosity are you using PayPal in Hyperwallet or your bank account to cash out? Wondering if that makes any difference. I linked to a bank account and haven't had any issues.

shazay shazay Am using PP - It activated fine. When I try to add a bank a/c it says this
Screenshot 2020-09-22 at 15.28.14.png

I tried about 10 times so just added another PP address and it activated straight away. Wallet says active. Am so pi**ed at myself for getting in this mess.

dblplay1212 dblplay1212 I've pretty much written the cash off at this point. You cant get hold of anyone there, and when you do, you get cookie cutter template e-mails. Just a terrible terrible experience and I'd warn anyone from going anywhere near them as a seller. I feel like a sucker - 2.5K out of pocket (or a few pairs of sneakers down) and didn't even get an apology. Worst online experience by far.
I'll bet a pair of 100s that you get your money eventually.

shazay shazay Am using PP - It activated fine. When I try to add a bank a/c it says this
Screenshot 2020-09-22 at 15.28.14.png

I tried about 10 times so just added another PP address and it activated straight away. Wallet says active. Am so pi**ed at myself for getting in this mess.
Mine is my debit card and has always said active?

I got two payouts pending at 2k, no payment

Back
Top Bottom