Has anyone else been using StockX?

Not sure about turnaround but it's my understanding both the buyer and seller pay shipping. Can you clarify on that point edshoecator edshoecator ?

They take $10 for shipping

@Edshoecator
 when they paid you out, did you get hit with a  2.9% fee from Paypal?

I haven't gotten paid yet :lol:

They use ups but tracking shows it won't be there till Friday so I hope it's authenticated immediately.

Too much of a hassle if you ask me. The best places where buyers feel comfortable is still eBay imo. Do the math and he invoice. No stressing as a buyer nor seller.

No one has the time to worry about getting paid, or if shoes were shipped and etc.

I get the idea, but the lack of traffic and confidence doesn‘t seem like its a worth while platform.

Going to give this a go. 

Just made an account and decided to purchase the KD 6 "Easters" for the buy it now price of $121. There's a $10 shipping fee so the total goes to $131.

Now it's time to sit back & see how long it takes for me to get the shoes.

Do you even get paid via PayPal? Bc they don't accept it as a method of payment.

Y'all are failing to recognize the advantages of this platform. It may not make sense for everyday GRs. But makes so much sense for highly sought after, high dollar sneakers, where fakes are also a concern. If I want to buy or sell a pair of breds or royals you can bet your *** this is where I'm doing it.

Too much of a hassle if you ask me. The best places where buyers feel comfortable is still eBay imo. Do the math and he invoice. No stressing as a buyer nor seller.

No one has the time to worry about getting paid, or if shoes were shipped and etc.

I get the idea, but the lack of traffic and confidence doesn‘t seem like its a worth while platform.

What is there to worry about? It's a middleman making sure your transaction doesn't get screwed up bc some tween wants to play games about a couple hundred dollar pair of shoes. What's the hassle? Signing up and entering your price? Just bc you have a lack of confidence doesn't mean everyone does. Lack of traffic? It's been up for a week dude :lol:

I'm not trying to sound like a stan for this platform but it amazes me people don't see the potential and advantages.

What is there to worry about? It's a middleman making sure your transaction doesn't get screwed up bc some tween wants to play games about a couple hundred dollar pair of shoes. What's the hassle? Signing up and entering your price? Just bc you have a lack of confidence doesn't mean everyone does. Lack of traffic? It's been up for a week dude :lol:

I'm not trying to sound like a stan for this platform but it amazes me people don't see the potential and advantages.

Nah, not for me.

A lot of BNIB is not BNIB. We all know that. If you are holding shoes worth a few hundred or even in the thousand dollar category, why would you want to ship it to the middle man? Don‘t tou understand that?

I don‘t need Stock X to be my escrow because I know buyers can authenticate a pair of shoes for themselves. More so, should there be a fall out, Stock X would probably keep my shoes and I am out with nothing.

Just like anythinf in life, I COLLECT my money first. SillyX

Last edited:
Nah, not for me.

A lot of BNIB is not BNIB. We all know that. If you are holding shoes worth a few hundred or even in the thousand dollar category, why would you want to ship it to the middle man? Don‘t tou understand that?

I don‘t need Stock X to be my escrow because I know buyers can authenticate a pair of shoes for themselves. More so, should there be a fall out, Stock X would probably keep my shoes and I am out with nothing.

Just like anythinf in life, I COLLECT my money first.

Bc the middle man is making sure the buyer isn't able to play some game and finesse you. What happens when the buyer claims they aren't authentic? PayPal always sides with the buyer, everyone knows that. You don't have to worry about that ish here. Keep your shoes? What are you talking about? You're reaching fam.

Bc the middle man is making sure the buyer isn't able to play some game and finesse you. What happens when the buyer claims they aren't authentic? PayPal always sides with the buyer, everyone knows that. You don't have to worry about that ish here. Keep your shoes? What are you talking about? You're reaching fam.

I don‘t like or need Stock X to be my escrow. I haven‘t heard or have been involved with any autheticity disputes on eBay/Paypal.

I don‘t get this finesse thing you keep talking about.

Either way, if you think it works, then so be it. Any seller will tell you that they need the cash first!!!

I don‘t like or need Stock X to be my escrow. I haven‘t heard or have been involved with any autheticity disputes on eBay/Paypal.

Either way, if you think it works, then so be it. Any seller will tell you that they need the cash first!!!

Anyone who sells high end and expensive items is used to an escrow process.

Hey man, different strokes for different folks. eBay works for you, that's great. I've just heard a lot of horror stories about high dollar transactions on eBay. But the declaration that "any seller will tell you they need the cash first" is far from true, unless your broke peddling Jordan's for $20 above retail.

Thinking about messing with 'em. I've been strictly a FC consignee for years.

eBay + PP fees don't really deter me from using 'em, its the scammers. Heard way too many horror stories on here of people getting got on eBay.

Was thinking about creating my own bigcartel shop but getting a lot of people to discover your site would take a minute.

Waiting for stockX ti be a little more established but def going to try 'em out.

So how does the process work. If I'm a seller do I send the shoes to the company, then a buyer buys them and the company ships them out? Then I would get paid? I'm assuming that's how they guarantee authenticity

So how does the process work. If I'm a seller do I send the shoes to the company, then a buyer buys them and the company ships them out? Then I would get paid? I'm assuming that's how they guarantee authenticity

Just read the FAQs page on the site. You list your price. Once a buyer buys, or a high bid matches your price, transaction is completed. You ship your shoes to them, they authenticate, ship shoes to buyer, release your funds.

https://stockx.com/faq

Last edited:
Just read the FAQs page on the site. You list your price. Once a buyer buys, or a high bid matches your price, transaction is completed. You ship your shoes to them, they authenticate, ship shoes to buyer, release your funds.

This is what I'm unclear about. When they ship the shoes to the buyer, do they pay that shipping fee? Or does the buyer pay the shipping fees both when the shoes are shipped to stockX and then to the buyer himself?

Doesn't clarify that on the FAQ page.

This is what I'm unclear about. When they ship the shoes to the buyer, do they pay that shipping fee? Or does the buyer pay the shipping fees both when the shoes are shipped to stockX and then to the buyer himself?

Doesn't clarify that on the FAQ page.

the way they trynna explain is like them trynna sound hip, but because it lacks transparency, it is nothing but risk.

confidence is the name of the game.

Can't get jiggy with the seller having to pay for shipping to stockX.

Especially for someone with a lot of inventory. That can get pricy.

Was reading the site the other day...the 10% is kinda high..but seems worth it for the peace of mind of not having to worry about a buyer hitting you up with some bs

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom