Has anyone else been using StockX?

not sure if this was discussed the last 34 pages (I'm sure it was), but i wonder if a shoe is priced low if they will tell you it didn't pass inspection and just keep it for themselves. caught a pair of Kobe elite 9 betovens for about $100 less than market value and got the email saying they didn't pass inspection.
No I think they send the shoe back to the seller but charge them a percentage of the sell price and suspend their account. I had that issue with the Lebron 13's On Court colorway. I got them for 60 but then received an email a few days later that they didnt pass inspection. If they were keeping the sellers shoes after a while people would stop selling on their site and they would go out of business. It probably depends though if the shoes are just flat out fakes or if they are legit but B grades. I'm sure they would send the B grades back but with fakes they might just trash them.

I think hes saying that they still cash the seller out, just refund the buyer out of pocket and keep shoes. Basically stealing the deal away from the buyer. Seems possible but they foregoing that 15% fee they make for a little extra on resale. And its not like the company is selling shoes and can reroute resale profits to itself. Maybe an employee could manipulate it but he'd have to refund the buyer out of pocket, from a private pp, not stockx llc pp. Seems like a pretty big risk. Unless management is in on it.

I think hes saying that they still cash the seller out, just refund the buyer out of pocket and keep shoes. Basically stealing the deal away from the buyer. Seems possible but they foregoing that 15% fee they make for a little extra on resale. And its not like the company is selling shoes and can reroute resale profits to itself. Maybe an employee could manipulate it but he'd have to refund the buyer out of pocket, from a private pp, not stockx llc pp. Seems like a pretty big risk. Unless management is in on it.
It would be a big risk especially with how many celebrities have thrown money and their name on the StockX brand.

Noob question, just received a pair and the jordan box has two circle stickers on it (green/blue) should I be worry?

I get better prices on StockX but you have to be patient. Its kind of a game with how you bid on there.
On Grailed you can negotiate, on StockX you can't. Plus, Grailed has a Paypal securence policy so if its fake you get your money back and if it never arrives you get your money back

Just bought some kd 10 anniversary for like $130 from stockx. Hope this goes well.

So far I'm 0 for 3 (all NA cement 4's(2016 not a very old shoe either) none pass their inspection, this shoe has eluded me since the the very first retro...I'll try one more time, but if not I'm done with stockx something is fishy with their authentication... I can't see all 3 pairs being fakes, I wear my shoes so some excess glue, missing swing tag, damaged box etc wouldn't have bothered me, I may have taken them anyway (especially at the prices I won with) had they let me know why. I feel bad for the sellers if they were legit. I'm bummed... and I'm sure they are even more.

I've been reading some posts in here. I would like to read more, but I don't have the time. I see a lot of people are discussing inconsistencies with Stockx and skepticism towards their business practices. I purchased a pair of Jordan 11 Space Jams about three weeks ago. The sneakers did not pass the authentication test. I wasn't given a reason why, just that they didn't pass. It took a total of 4 days for them to be delivered to Stockx for "authentication". I tried to order these sneakers a second time and they passed inspection. I ended up paying more this time, but I digress. A week after making the purchase, the UPS shipment process information on them is indicating that the sneakers are "missing". Coincidentally, they are missing in Michigan, the same state where Stockx is based in. So what this tells me is that the sneakers barely even left the "authentication" site before they were obviously stolen by UPS. It's been three days now and Stockx hasn't notified nor responded with information regarding these "missing" sneakers. I called UPS and they knew absolutely nothing. Stockx has no customer support whatsoever. The fact that the sneakers were stolen right after leaving the authentication site is highly suspect. For Stockx to ignore me for days with a stolen product on the streets somewhere (probably back on the grey/resale market or even Stockx's stock) is unacceptable. I remember reading a post in this thread about how Stockx makes more money off of restocking fees, they also make more when the sneaker is volatile and the stock value spikes up. These two coinciding actions are intertwined. This Stockx could all well be an elaborate scam. When I get my money back, I will never make business with them again. I not only advise but caution you, do not make business with them. Their customer service ignores you and they take forever to "process" sneakers.

StockX really lost my box for my Metallic 5's and had the nerve to say I sent them that way smh. Tell me it's a fee but they are not gonna charge me bc I've done great business with them. Done multiple deals on there and then I get screwed. So now they're sending my sneakers back without a box. Of course its their word over mine so I'm taking my business elsewhere. We had a good thing going, now I can no longer trust this company with my merchandise. This is the picture they sent me saying this is what I sent. Why the hell would I put paper and the retro card in there lol. Really Stockx how hard is it to open a box check them and put them back in the box.

Attachments

• IMG_4096.JPG
    IMG_4096.JPG
    237 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
So it's now been 4 days and Stockx has not responded to any of my emails or sent any email regarding the "missing" sneakers. I guess it's safe to say they stole my money and the sneakers. This is clearly worse than eBay. eBay would never ignore their customers if they reported a package "missing". eBay, Amazaon, etc. have all forms of customer support that respond promptly and they will reimburse you in a heartbeat. I don't trust Stockx at all anymore, this is an extremely shady business. There's no way Stockx can be an alternative for eBay or any other site for that matter with their lack of customer service. I should sue them. I'm already filing a complaint against them.

Seeing as how they didn't send you a message in 4 days. I'm beating a dead horse trying to get answer then.

StockX really lost my box for my Metallic 5's and had the nerve to say I sent them that way smh. Tell me it's a fee but they are not gonna charge me bc I've done great business with them. Done multiple deals on there and then I get screwed. So now they're sending my sneakers back without a box. Of course its their word over mine so I'm taking my business elsewhere. We had a good thing going, now I can no longer trust this company with my merchandise. This is the picture they sent me saying this is what I sent. Why the hell would I put paper and the retro card in there lol. Really Stockx how hard is it to open a box check them and put them back in the box.

Just curious what size? I recently bought a pair not the same model I have the 2016 retro( at least it better be) in transit not the 2011? Retro like yours I wondered if mine needed a box? And if there is a way to check if it's in the wrong box, I never really cared about boxes i buy my shoes to wear, so I've never paid much attention to them. I just find it weird all this goes down almost the same time, and almost the same shoe.

I just spoke to UPS and they told me that they haven't finished "inspection" of the "missing" items. They said that it will take 1-2 business days but I will have to wait until Monday for them to finish. They said that they will pay Stockx and that I can be compensated or refunded that way. No idea how Stockx will be compensated either. They told me to followup with Stockx but I can't because they are ignoring me. This doesn't make any sense to me. I've been ordering online for a decade. Never before has a package been "dislocated" right outside the shipper's site. This all sounds like a scam to me. UPS doesn't know anything in regards to how the sneakers went missing. They said they were missing as soon as they received the package. Stockx is a fraudulent, duplicitous business that's chiseling everyone from the sellers, buyers, and shippers.

Just curious what size? I recently bought a pair not the same model I have the 2016 retro( at least it better be) in transit not the 2011? Retro like yours I wondered if mine needed a box? And if there is a way to check if it's in the wrong box, I never really cared about boxes i buy my shoes to wear, so I've never paid much attention to them. I just find it weird all this goes down almost the same time, and almost the same shoe.

Yeah. I noticed other ppl had problems with metallic 5 as well. It was a Sz 12 I sold for $205. I noticed earlier that in the pic they sent me it wasn't even the box I shipped them in smh. These ppl are negligent with our merchandise. Had a hard time selling these now it's gonna be even harder without a damn box. I took down every listing I had and still haven't heard from them.

I just spoke to UPS and they told me that they haven't finished "inspection" of the "missing" items. They said that it will take 1-2 business days but I will have to wait until Monday for them to finish. They said that they will pay Stockx and that I can be compensated or refunded that way. No idea how Stockx will be compensated either. They told me to followup with Stockx but I can't because they are ignoring me. This doesn't make any sense to me. I've been ordering online for a decade. Never before has a package been "dislocated" right outside the shipper's site. This all sounds like a scam to me. UPS doesn't know anything in regards to how the sneakers went missing. They said they were missing as soon as they received the package. Stockx is a fraudulent, duplicitous business that's chiseling everyone from the sellers, buyers, and shippers.

Man I sure hope you get your kicks or cash. Now I just hope my 5's don't go "missing"

Yeah. I noticed other ppl had problems with metallic 5 as well. It was a Sz 12 I sold for $205. I noticed earlier that in the pic they sent me it wasn't even the box I shipped them in smh. These ppl are negligent with our merchandise. Had a hard time selling these now it's gonna be even harder without a damn box. I took down every listing I had and still haven't heard from them.

And to think, I was about to buy metallic 5s from them afterwards. I probably would've been a part of this chaos.

Last edited:

I feel for you it seems bad enough as a buyer, but seems like they are really sticking it to the seller... the pair I ordered was a 10.5 or I would have given you the box if you pd the shipping. I think I'll go back to paying insane prices on Flight Club while on my quest to track down shoes from when "I thought" I was out of the shoe game... they have been the only legit site I've dealt with so far. Stadium goods even shipped me a pair of low top 2's instead of 11's they made it right quickly, but claimed they didn't have the shoe I ordered all they could was refund me... even though the exact same 11's I bought were still listed for sale, just at a higher price. If a shoe store can't get something simple like that right, they've lost my faith for future purchases.

Edit: So I'm sure everyone got the invite to StockX day 10/20/17 anyone plan on going? Things might get ugly if some disgruntled sellers show. I thought about taking the trip... but I've been to Detroit before. No offense to any natives, but it wasn't one of my favorite places.

Last edited:
I feel for you it seems bad enough as a buyer, but seems like they are really sticking it to the seller... the pair I ordered was a 10.5 or I would have given you the box if you pd the shipping. I think I'll go back to paying insane prices on Flight Club while on my quest to track down shoes from when "I thought" I was out of the shoe game... they have been the only legit site I've dealt with so far. Stadium goods even shipped me a pair of low top 2's instead of 11's they made it right quickly, but claimed they didn't have the shoe I ordered all they could was refund me... even though the exact same 11's I bought were still listed for sale, just at a higher price. If a shoe store can't get something simple like that right, they've lost my faith for future purchases.

Edit: So I'm sure everyone got the invite to StockX day 10/20/17 anyone plan on going? Things might get ugly if some disgruntled sellers show. I thought about taking the trip... but I've been to Detroit before. No offense to any natives, but it wasn't one of my favorite places.

I was laughing my *** off when I read that. Thinking it was the long-awaited response, I dropped everything and clicked on it, only to find out it was some stupidity. As if the people who buy these kicks are nerds that attend Comic-Con every year. This is ridiculous. I wish I had never got involved with Stockx and I know for a fact that there will be buyers and sellers there with the sole purpose of disrupting the event.

Update: After 4 days, Stockx decided to finally respond to me with a full refund. Avoid this website at all costs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom