Has anyone else been using StockX?

The problem with eBay (IMO) is they got away from what their original business was supposed to be: an online auction site.

Like 99% of sneaker listing (probably the same for non sneaker listings too) are buy-it-now. You’re lucky if you find an eBay listing that allows offers. The reason for this is because eBay decided to make everything so buyer friendly, as the expense of the sellers. The effect was the sellers either bounced from the site, or jacked their prices sky high.

Used to have watch out for shady sellers but now it’s the buyers who will jux you up quick (purchase a pair of shoes and hit you with a chargeback 89 days later). eBay typically sides with the buyer (you can fight a false claim as a seller, but have your documentation ready).

I don’t think eBay can out StockX StockX, but they’re trying to stay relevant. Ultimately I don’t see this moving the needle much.

The problem with eBay (IMO) is they got away from what their original business was supposed to be: an online auction site.

Like 99% of sneaker listing (probably the same for non sneaker listings too) are buy-it-now. You’re lucky if you find an eBay listing that allows offers. The reason for this is because eBay decided to make everything so buyer friendly, as the expense of the sellers. The effect was the sellers either bounced from the site, or jacked their prices sky high.

Used to have watch out for shady sellers but now it’s the buyers who will jux you up quick (purchase a pair of shoes and hit you with a chargeback 89 days later). eBay typically sides with the buyer (you can fight a false claim as a seller, but have your documentation ready).

I don’t think eBay can out StockX StockX, but they’re trying to stay relevant. Ultimately I don’t see this moving the needle much.
The fact that buyers can still return items is what will keep Ebay from being great again. As I understand it Ebay will verify the item before shipping it back to you but it's still a return. With SX despite their issues and whatnot it's a done deal once you're cashed out.

ebay is merely a marketplace anymore

can't lie, I conformed when they changed it so there was no insertion fee for the first 200 or so item listed per month

🤷‍♂️

Looks like things are slowing down again. Items been in "received" status in the NJ warehouse for a week so far.

Edit: Both items verified after a week in "received" status.

Last edited:
welp got my first issue with StockX. just copped a pair of the Jordan 17 copper retros and my pair is yellowed on the leather and rubber pieces.

wish me luck as i try to move heave and earth to get me another pair or return bruhs

Looks like things are slowing down again. Items been in "received" status in the NJ warehouse for a week so far.

Edit: Both items verified after a week in "received" status.

wish I had seen this.. sent off 6 items to StockX in NJ yesterday

anyone know shipping method they use for a seller from overseas to ship an item to stockx for verification?

according to stockx an item that I assume was from an overseas seller is still en route since 11/11

Why does SX show fake/false bids? I was tripping for a minute and considering selling something against my better judgement on SX because there was a crazy offer showing. when I go to sell now the price is significantly lower? :lol:

got my package that was sent by the seller two weeks ago

item I sold was processed quick though

delivered yesterday and got notification for payment the same day, GA facility

Why does SX show fake/false bids? I was tripping for a minute and considering selling something against my better judgement on SX because there was a crazy offer showing. when I go to sell now the price is significantly lower? :lol:

I don’t understand this either. Has happened to me multiple times now and it’s frustrating

Gonna win free sneakers for a year this weekend; I can feel it:

F171F26D-FDBF-45BE-8289-789945842F06.gif

I contacted support about this and was going back and forth with them but not in a bad way. She kept trying to push it to the tech team and they still haven’t fixed it.

I think I contacted them a few months back once and I didn’t even feel like going back and forth with them after they gave me some generic BS response

So... no coupons for seller fees this Black Friday/cyber Monday or did I miss something

anyone still getting issues with payment pending or delays in payout?

first sale i've done since they switched to hyperwallet

anyone still getting issues with payment pending or delays in payout?

first sale i've done since they switched to hyperwallet
Was quick when they did my PS5 sale few days ago but Yeezy that was verified have not been paid out yet

Got an extra playoff 8 i was gonna let go but i'm not sure if they will trip on the ash that forms on parts of the midsole dude to age

so has anyone sold thru ebay with "Authentcity Guarantee"? Tempted to list on there. I'm done dealing with stockx and Goat, but not sure how smooth that new ebay process is.

sold something thru ebay authentication. delivery to astoria ny hub on dec 8. no movement since (today is dec 12). how long does ebay take to authenticate and send out? faq says 2 days...thats obviously not true. im hesitant to sell using this program again

sold something thru ebay authentication. delivery to astoria ny hub on dec 8. no movement since (today is dec 12). how long does ebay take to authenticate and send out? faq says 2 days...thats obviously not true. im hesitant to sell using this program again

If I’m not mistaken, I believe it’s Sneakercon that does the authentication for eBay. I haven’t sold anything on eBay recently, but I have sold directly on Sneakercon and it took a week after the delivery date to complete authentication and send payout

Back
Top Bottom