Has anyone opted out of a full body scanner at the airport?

i did it. quick and painless.

nothing to cry about.

just keep it safe and keep it movin imo

Originally Posted by Tego Calderon El Abayarde

I want them to pat me down and have the
eek.gif
when they feel what I'm packing. No 'mo
you do know that only men pat down other men, right???

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

Originally Posted by Tego Calderon El Abayarde

I want them to pat me down and have the
eek.gif
when they feel what I'm packing. No 'mo
you do know that only men pat down other men, right???
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Next week I'm travelling for the first time since this procedure was added.
30t6p3b.gif

I have to get scanned everyday, and pass TSA everyday damn day. Some TSA are mad +@%+%#% annoying and act like they're cops and @!%@.
30t6p3b.gif

....Wouldn't mind having their job tho.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by 365k

I have to get scanned everyday, and pass TSA everyday damn day. Some TSA are mad +@%+%#% annoying and act like they're cops and @!%@.
30t6p3b.gif

tongue.gif
Wooord? Hows that radiation going for ya?

Traveled to Vegas through Phoenix from EWR, none of the airports did body scan or pat down, just had regular metal detectors.

Originally Posted by sloanboy

sorry never flew on an plane but do they do it in the nude?
it basically sees through your clothes to see if youre hiding anything, but that also means theyre basically seeing you naked on their lil screen

IM flying to amsterdam tomorrow, I didnt even know about all of this. I feel pretty ignorant. Im gonna go for the opt out just for fun

Always wanted to fart in that box they put you in to scan you, just to leave them a parting "@@$@ you"

I'm a grower... so no on the scan.

I had a cat @ the Philly airport last November try the pat down, he stopped 2 seconds in after I told him it's my turn next.

homophobia FTW

Just got back, didn't get scanned.

I guess TSA doesn't care if it's a plane full of minorities headed for a 3rd world country
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Nawth21

No. In fact, next time I go to the airport I'm going to request both scan and pat down
smile.gif
laugh.gif

Last time I went they had multiple lines depending on which method you wanted, the shortest line was for the weird puff of air one so I cruised through.  For some reason no one wanted to go through that one
ohwell.gif

Don't they have that puffer machine at the statue of liberty? that's the only place I've ever seen it and that was 3-4 years ago. Some of this technology has been around for awhile. It's weird how it comes in waves though. Like a massive terrorist attack has to happen before the next stage.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

[h1]TSA admits bungle as tests on body scanners show TEN times more radiation than expected
[/h1]
By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 5:57 PM on 16th March 2011

Miss Horowitz said Rapiscan technicians are required to test radiation levels ten times in a row, then divide the figure by ten to produce an average radiation measurement.

Unfortunately, that did not happen in several cases, she added.

'Certainly, the errors are not acceptable. It’s not every report. We believe the technology is safe,' she said.

'We’ve done extensive, independent testing. It doesn’t raise alarms in terms of safety.'

qxmczk.gif

I don't care about no average. Show me the outliers and all that jazz. Show me the High and the Low and a 5 number summary.. If one dose could kill you, but the other 9 tests were way below that, the average won't raise any red flags These people are wreckless with their tests
eek.gif

IMO no one should go through the full body scanner.
Too much radiation and who knows what the consequences will be years from now...........
Take the pat down method always
Thank me later

Originally Posted by space jam XI

the trick is to get an erection before you go through the machine

That's what I'm thinking. If it's cold in the morning when I have to travel, I'm probably going to think of a bevy of images ranging from Roxy Reynolds to Jessica Alba feeding Lisa Ann strawberries.

i got scanned then they swabbed my hands and processed that in a machine.. whole time they were body scanning homegirl doing the monitoring was giving me the
wink.gif

Originally Posted by 365k

30t6p3b.gif

tongue.gif
R.I.P.
better get them lawyers ready because your future aint lookin too bright

It literally takes 10 seconds. It's not as big of a deal (at least to me) as some people have made it out to be. The longest process for me was putting all my jewelry in the bins and taking my shoes off.

i dont get all the hype of this scanner thing.

so its like xrays?

all they see is bones?

whats wrong with that?

Back
Top Bottom