has this new generation of kids invent ANYTHING new fashionwise?

Originally Posted by solarius49

^^Naw those were the EARLY 2000s blood
I thought we were talking about 2000's and forward? 
I mean style and fashion are usually separated by decades and if by "new gen" it mean 2010+ then isn't it a bit too early to tell?

Yeah, but the guys who were bringing the big face watches into the game are all late 30's to mid 40s now ya know?

I do agree to some extent about the Beanies, but I still wouldn't say that particular style of wearing them truly got implemented until the '00s and guys started wearing them with as freely -indoors, outdoors, summertime, with suits etc. Before that they quite literally belonged to the grunge scene alone.

But as for the glasses, definitely no -just because there's a couple of pics of Kurt wearing a pair doesn't mean it was a popular trend followed by the masses. The glasses are definitely a '00s thing -show me one pop video from the eighties or nineties with someone wearing fake glasses.

Yeah, but the guys who were bringing the big face watches into the game are all late 30's to mid 40s now ya know?

I still see that as part of this generation though. When they were in their 20's, that is still considered young. Plus once the gaudy giant watches go popular, plenty of bootleg version were being bought by the younger crowd and it did got annoyingly trendy. Plus age shouldn't really matter, Kanye is mid-30s and almost anything he wears becomes an almost instant hit. At the end of this decade, dudes going to be in his 40s and he'd still be responsible for the fads we makes fun of 10 years from now.

Originally Posted by Mcflyy

What about those raccoon tails I see some celebs wearing.
probably this 
laugh.gif

As far as big gaudy watches, im 26 years old, I consider those to be part of my generation, not this new one

yoga pants with uggs, boatshoes/moccs with nantucket red shorts, skinny-jean shorts, slouch beanies in all temperatures, and teens wearing Hawaiian shirts.

Time to bring the 50s early 60s back

tumblr_m2njkalhC31qg1r57o1_1280.jpg

Ugly sports coats are the future
pimp.gif

srs?

image.jpg

.....this thread is further proof that this generation is WACK.

these 90s babies are sad man. they swagger jacked us SO vicious. our generation was rocking snap backs when we were like 8. zero originality. they are even trying to claim MJ/jordans even though they only saw him play as a wizard, if that.

probably this 
laugh.gif

As far as big gaudy watches, im 26 years old, I consider those to be part of my generation, not this new one
I guess but like I said before this generation (Generation Z?) is still way too young to see anything of significance from them. I mean when does Gen Z start? 1995? The oldest of that generation is 17yrs old. Hell even Bieber is born a year before that so he isn't even considered part of this generation if we are really going to specifics.

with our generation, i love fitting suits.  although it is recycled from the 50s-60s, modern lapels and streamlined designs sure are a lot nicer than how the 90s did it.  honestly since the dressing better thread/gq, i see now that we have the best fits when it comes to dressing up

All the question makes me ask is "does that matter"

its equivilent to music, has anyone actually developed some super new form of rapping? or making rock and roll music. Even those who have done great things and are considered legends haven't really invented anything. Some people would say Wu-tang were great rappers, but what could someone really say they did to innovate music beyond something before. I'm sure Mozart had a super group of chellists and french horn player rocking with him just like RZA and rappers

fashion. just like most things seems to have more to with matching a look with an asthetic or an opinion of the time without being out of the box original than anything else
army clothes maybe fitted in with that warly mid 90's hip hop, style, but they also fit in just as well with the anti vietnam movement, its kind of irrelevent compared to the basic principle that it keeps moving forward, being produced, being consumed, and matering to people

you can make your scope as broad as you want to make it always the same or as narrow as you want to make it all new. or somewhere in the middle where you see how something old can be made new

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

srs?

image.jpg

.....this thread is further proof that this generation is WACK.

I wasn't talking about hats. I meant this..
hlt-003-brnzoom5.jpg

I want early/mid 90's fashion to come back so bad!

I been fiending for a leather Africa medallion and black Bart Simpson tee for the longest(not iceberg, but the kind you picked up at the local black owned store/shop. Oh yeah, the MLK education is the key t-shirts. Nike windbreaker with Nike on the sleeve, black Nike wind pants, vertical striped shirt, mean part in your cut.

Everything is so basic now, no flavor just people tryin to hard to match.

Originally Posted by swishasweets

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

"...I said, well daddy don't you know that things go in cycles
The way that Bobby Brown is just ampin like Michael..."

You have a great taste in music Sir.

If I recall correctly you made a thread when Soldier of Love dropped. If it wasn't for that thread I would have never discovered her(or their) amazing music.
pimp.gif

Anyways... Props on the Q-Tip quote.

*Kobe* You're welcome. *Kobe*
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Maybe it's a good thing.  They just wear whatever.  Fashion is whatever is trendy anyway, it changes really quick.

If there's a thing though, its definitely "recycling" clothes from different eras. It reflective of this generation that has the internet and knowledge at their fingertips. Age of Information!

Back
Top Bottom