Has your fandom evolved? Have you started following any new sports or, conversely, dropped any?

All Boston everything sir.

Celtics > _______ for me. Even though the NBA is getting a little ridiculous, ill never stop watching the C's. Thats my squad.

Then its the Pats.

I really only follow the Red Sox from reading the newspaper every day; i rarely watch games until the end of the season/playoffs. Or if theyre facing a Verlander type pitcher or playing the Yankees ill watch too.

Dont really care about the Bruins. Will watch if deep in playoffs only so i dont miss history
laugh.gif

I've always been a die hard Knicks fan since I was a kid but my interest has even increased since my favorite player in the league joined the team. Starting watching college b-ball as a die hard fan during Melo's freshman year. Been following the Giants since 2005 when I finally decided to start watching the NFL as a serious fan. Over the past 4 years I've started watching college football and soccer. I've tried watching baseball but I just can't be consistent with it, it doesn't capture my interest. I watch boxing with a solid interest, don't really care for MMA or hockey.

1. NBA/NCAAB
2. NFL/NCAAF
3. Soccer
4. Boxing

Same thing happened to me with baseball. I used to watch EVERY Yankee game. Now I still go to games here and there, but I rarely watch games. I think I was just filling a void since the Knicks gave me absolutely no joy ever at the time. Now that the Knicks are competitive, all my focus goes to that and the Giants.

I have to get back to watching Yankee games.

I've pretty much have less interest in all sports as I get older besides hockey. Just too many issues with fans, not worth getting that into something as trivial as sports. The one spot where I do have strong passion is any time my alma mater is involved since that has deeper connections

I remember I used to be a big Braves fan when I was a kid but got jaded pretty quickly. Now I can't even sit through an entire baseball game, I've totally lost interest in the sport. My fandom for NBA, CFB and NFL has only grown with time.

*Picked up soccer after seeing Balotelli do backheel vs. some MLS team a year or so ago. Thought he was interesting, so I followed him and picked up Man City as my "team." Didn't know #!@! about them other than Balotelli was on the squad. THOROUGHLY enjoy watching EPL and and trying to learn more about the sport. With the help of my soccer-guru, MyT, I'm on my way.

As far as my tiers:

1. NHL
2. NFL
2a. NBA
3. MLB
4. Soccer

NFL and NBA will always top my list. CFB close third. Will always watch the Tennis Grand Slams as well.

Currently losing interest in College Basketball every year. Easy to say its the One and Done thing I guess.

Definitely have watched more Soccer recently too.

I used to have to watch as many games as possible. I would get upset if I missed a game or my team lost. I used to be down the following day when my team lost but after seeing dudes from the league in clubs and bars Having the time of their life after a loss it put sports into perspective for me. Like when people got upset at gronk for partying after the sb loss, before it would bother me but now im all for it. So i still enjoy watching sports but i wont get all pissed if my squad doesnt win unless i have money on it
laugh.gif

I always enjoyed watching soccer but I didn't start following clubs until the past few years. I was a huge college football fan but now I only watch a few big games and as many longhorn/Miami games as I can. I don't miss too many NFL games because a lot of my friends usually come to my house all day for the red zone channel/nfl ticket.

I was having this conversation with my friends just this week for the most part we all only follow two sports (basketball and football) and the subject was whether or not its enough, especially now when both sports are on downtime and the off season can only do so much for you, there should be another sport that you like to watch that runs during the summer. Not a fan of baseball though so I guess it'll never change. I'm fine with my fandom though.
I only root for the Spurs and I've never had an NFL team and I wouldnt feel right picking one up so late in the game its almost like bandwagoning

Only thing I've really added was MLS/US Soccer once Philly got a MLS team. I'll watch soccer now regardless of the teams but don't have any overseas teams like most seem to have.

Grew up a big Baseball, Football and Basketball fan. Dodgers, USC, 49ers, and Bulls (MJ)Dodgers and USC never waned. Never. There was a point were I was becoming more interested in the NFL as a whole and losing interest in the Niners (hard to follow, hardly on tv). However, Sunday Ticket the past couple years solved it. Haven't missed a Niner game the past two years. Losing interest in the NBA, not entertaining to me anymore. Still love playing hoops though. Can't stand the flopping/softness of the NBA. Haven't watched a whole NBA game in years. Still read a lot about it just to stay up to date. Casually watch soccer, hockey and golf now.

Forgot to mention I used to mess with tennis in the Agassi Sampras days then took a long break until last season

Underrated sport by the mainstream imo

I have 0 interest in any sport (other than international soccer) unless it's my hometown team playing or a team with players who went to Cal. I used to be a huge NBA fan but it's impossible to watch free throw contests and 7 playoff games. If they made the format more like CBB or at least made the series out of 3, I might start watching again.

Back
Top Bottom