Have you discovered the unbelievable greatness of iTunes U? Update: Slick new app for iOS devices

I found out about these epic and free services this past fall. I can't believe this is all free. You can take in over SIXTY courses at Yale. Full lecture materials, full videos of lectures... it is amazing! Harvard has put up its most popular class, entitled Justice, with all lecture materials and videos. All this is absolutely one of the best things on the Internet. Yale, Harvard, Stanford, MIT... the best of the best honestly.

You can take a course about the Civil War and Reconstruction from one of the preeminent scholars on the subject, David Blight, for FREE.
You can learn about financial markets from Robert Shilller, for FREE.
You can take a course on programming from Stanford, for FREE.
You can learn the basics of electrical engineering from MIT, for FREE.

It's all free and available on iTunesU and Youtube EDU. Some schools have specific sites like Yale Open Courses or MIT Open Courseware.

Just thought I'd let people know now because Yale just put up 10 new courses and it's just great. Now over 60 courses from Yale alone. Berkeley and MIT have a ton of courses as well. MIT actually has over a ton of courses. 2000!!! Every time I tell someone about all this, mind=blown.

Lifelong learning
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I found out about these epic and free services this past fall. I can't believe this is all free. You can take in over SIXTY courses at Yale. Full lecture materials, full videos of lectures... it is amazing! Harvard has put up its most popular class, entitled Justice, with all lecture materials and videos. All this is absolutely one of the best things on the Internet. Yale, Harvard, Stanford, MIT... the best of the best honestly.

You can take a course about the Civil War and Reconstruction from one of the preeminent scholars on the subject, David Blight, for FREE.
You can learn about financial markets from Robert Shilller, for FREE.
You can take a course on programming from Stanford, for FREE.
You can learn the basics of electrical engineering from MIT, for FREE.

It's all free and available on iTunesU and Youtube EDU. Some schools have specific sites like Yale Open Courses or MIT Open Courseware.

Just thought I'd let people know now because Yale just put up 10 new courses and it's just great. Now over 60 courses from Yale alone. Berkeley and MIT have a ton of courses as well. MIT actually has over a ton of courses. 2000!!! Every time I tell someone about all this, mind=blown.

Lifelong learning
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

No I haven't. This is really neat! As soon as I get done with college I will look into this
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

No I haven't. This is really neat! As soon as I get done with college I will look into this
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Definitely appreciated..especially that MIT site. I'll be needing serious help w/Chemistry & calc..

Thanks HankMoody..

Definitely appreciated..especially that MIT site. I'll be needing serious help w/Chemistry & calc..

Thanks HankMoody..

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

how exactly do you go about finding this????

What do you mean exactly, bruh?

How to get the materials or how I did I found out about all this in the first place?

The former, just look at iTunes or google Youtube EDU. Pretty easy from there. iTunes is the best service to use because I can download the material onto my iPad or what have you and watch it anytime I want.
The latter, I useiTunes a lot for podcasts and music management and I finally clicked on the iTunesU category and wasted an afternoon with my mouth agape at all of the content. I still can't believe all this is free. A triumph of humanity, honestly. Also, my school has a youtube EDU account and I was just searching and found the Youtube EDU section and all of the same material and more.

The cool thing about Youtube EDU is the schools tape special "lectures" of visitors and what not. For example, you can see Michael Bloomberg's "President's Lecture" at Dartmouth this past year (iirc on the title of the lecture). University of Chicago Law School has some unbelievable material in this format.

Back
Top Bottom