Have you discovered the unbelievable greatness of iTunes U? Update: Slick new app for iOS devices

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

how exactly do you go about finding this????

What do you mean exactly, bruh?

How to get the materials or how I did I found out about all this in the first place?

The former, just look at iTunes or google Youtube EDU. Pretty easy from there. iTunes is the best service to use because I can download the material onto my iPad or what have you and watch it anytime I want.
The latter, I useiTunes a lot for podcasts and music management and I finally clicked on the iTunesU category and wasted an afternoon with my mouth agape at all of the content. I still can't believe all this is free. A triumph of humanity, honestly. Also, my school has a youtube EDU account and I was just searching and found the Youtube EDU section and all of the same material and more.

The cool thing about Youtube EDU is the schools tape special "lectures" of visitors and what not. For example, you can see Michael Bloomberg's "President's Lecture" at Dartmouth this past year (iirc on the title of the lecture). University of Chicago Law School has some unbelievable material in this format.

pimp.gif
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Gonna check this out later. dsl ftl
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by 40inchBoost

Will this look good on a Resume??

I'd say no but I guarantee it would sound good in an interview. Definitely suggests a personal desire to learn.

Maybe put it on the hobbies line (if you have one; I don't)

Originally Posted by 40inchBoost

Will this look good on a Resume??

I'd say no but I guarantee it would sound good in an interview. Definitely suggests a personal desire to learn.

Maybe put it on the hobbies line (if you have one; I don't)

THANK YOU! Graduated from Cal and it is nice to be able to take on some of these classes without having to go in my wallet.

THANK YOU! Graduated from Cal and it is nice to be able to take on some of these classes without having to go in my wallet.

Wow I was JUST about to make a thread about iTunes you. I have listened to various Oxford lectures on logic and ethics.

Wow I was JUST about to make a thread about iTunes you. I have listened to various Oxford lectures on logic and ethics.

What about all the people on NT that will star calling you a "youtube scholar". As if it's some bad thing?

What about all the people on NT that will star calling you a "youtube scholar". As if it's some bad thing?

Originally Posted by Wr

the term youtube scholar is usually people who listen to other peoples videos i.e. kanye Illuminati bs and pretend they actually know !!+!. This is from a credible source and not your average uploader.

yeah this a good look for my math science people there are full lectures on just about everything on Youtube

MIT opencourseware is a real good look. some of the homework problems i glanced over are no joke.
laugh.gif

low key a nice resume move.... i suspect you could learn a trade ie a computer skills,language and then put said skill under hobbies. read a few more books out the library . talk it up during the interview.

Back
Top Bottom