Have you ever bought a girl a designer bag?

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

For the guy who said "I hope she pampers you aswell"...My girl is is currently in Law School with no Job, BUT I know for a fact that IF I asked, she would bend over backwards for me...As long as I have it, She has it aswell...point blank

Fancy...
So in reality if you went broke, she'd be even broker and couldn't bend a pencil for you. Think about the bigger picture.

Why are you speaking Hypothetically?
grin.gif
I'm speaking in reality bro, we are all adults here. Be real with yourself.

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Real talk...Do these "Rules" still apply to people such as A-Rod, Beckham, MJ, Tom Cruise.....ect ect...? ...You know...The 9 figure club?
Of course they do...

I mean, spending 2k of a bag...A BAG...no matter how much money you have, is silly.

Tell me, does a 2k bag make you fly, run faster, make you physically (not socially) more attractive, give you magical powers...? The answer to all those questions = NO.

A 2K bag will do the exact same thing that a $30-50-100 dollar bag at Macy's will do, mechanically speaking.

A 2K bag only functions as a STATUS SYMBOL (as already pointed out in the thread by ______), and nothing more. The question then becomes, why do people feel the need display such symbols--does it make you feel more "valuable", worthy, accomplished, sexy...which then leads to--Why is it that your "self-worth", "social-confidence", and "individual-confidence" are dependent on material goods, and specifically, how much said goods cost...

Why are you on this niketalk then? Exactly my point so forwhever reason it maybe whether it's shoes, business, you are on here for a reason. Nothing wrongwith spending or not spending that much money on a bag. The end result if you have a nice handbag you look fly, and if you have a cheap handbag you still lookfly, it makes no difference it's about preference and interests. Ask yourself this, who the hell doesn't like nice things here and there? If you sayyou don't you are lying to yourself.

Originally Posted by Dakingii

Originally Posted by Kingtre

but why though? why spend thousands on 1 bag when you could have plenty for cheap. That sounds stupid to me.

Like a dude who would spend $1k on some LV kicks when they could have spent that same amount on regular kicks and loafers.
roll.gif
roll.gif
NTers be so backwards sometimes...i mean i didnt wanna really get into this argument so ill just speak on this post

your own argument can be turned back on you...like your on NIKETALK....so "regular kicks" to you are extravagant to some...spending 100+ on jordans or following release dates and waiting in line can be seen as crazy and excessive when you can hit payless and get 2 for 20...they still cover your feet ...whats your excuse?

simping not simping tricking not tricking - you can debate that
but XXbrand kicks being too excessive while nikes being ok is ******ed...

typical nter "oh i can spend $400 on some air yeezys...but 800 for some lvs? thats crazy??"
ohwell.gif
But now you generalizing. I feel what u are saying but none of what you said pertains to me.

Ive never camped out for sneakers, and i have no passion for sneakers anymore

I havent copped a pair of sneakers in a year,and i refuse to buy a sneaker over $80. Even at $80 they have to be on sale because im cheap like that
laugh.gif

You are frugal and good luck to whomever is your gf bc she will be dissappointed when she finds out how cheap you are and how old are you?

I think everyone is right here ... The point is, its a personal option ..

But be sure .... That there are definitely some simpin' dudes out there just trying to keep up the jones's ... And when that well runs dry, that chicis outta there faster than Usain Bolt.

On the other hand some thorough bred chics I know would slap me sidewayz if I suggested buying them a bag that cost $1K ... they'd rather a trip instead,consider it more meaningful ...

I ain't a simp, wannabes are. I'm going to man up and let that be known, I want my lady/future wife to look fly so every now and then I will buy hersomething nice. I will not buy her expensive stuff on a regular, people make it seem like people are spending money like water. My girlfriend is wife materialand she deserves something nice and I'm sure if she feels you are a good bf or husband, she would do the same.......I know for a fact my gf would buyanything I would like but I prefer her to save her money for the future!

For the guy who said "I hope she pampers you aswell"...My girl is is currently in Law School with no Job, BUT I know for a fact that IF I asked, she would bend over backwards for me...As long as I have it, She has it aswell...point blank

Fancy...
So in reality if you went broke, she'd be even broker and couldn't bend a pencil for you. Think about the bigger picture.

Why are you speaking Hypothetically?
grin.gif
I'm speaking in reality bro, we are all adults here. Be real with yourself.
Nah fam...that was Definitely a Hypotheical Statement...Key-Word being "If"

And "Be real" with myself? About what?...Of course theres a chance that I can "Go Broke", BUT as an ADULT I live within my means and I savemy money...Like I stated before...any "luxury" purchase I make wont hurt my pockets.

Plus my girl can get a good Job now if she wants (Shes gotten a few offers) but she chose to put all of her time into Law School to better US off in the longrun....I cant complain

Originally Posted by Amunfei24

Real talk...Do these "Rules" still apply to people such as A-Rod, Beckham, MJ, Tom Cruise.....ect ect...? ...You know...The 9 figure club?
Of course they do...

I mean, spending 2k of a bag...A BAG...no matter how much money you have, is silly.

Tell me, does a 2k bag make you fly, run faster, make you physically (not socially) more attractive, give you magical powers...? The answer to all those questions = NO.

A 2K bag will do the exact same thing that a $30-50-100 dollar bag at Macy's will do, mechanically speaking.

A 2K bag only functions as a STATUS SYMBOL (as already pointed out in the thread by ______), and nothing more. The question then becomes, why do people feel the need display such symbols--does it make you feel more "valuable", worthy, accomplished, sexy...which then leads to--Why is it that your "self-worth", "social-confidence", and "individual-confidence" are dependent on material goods, and specifically, how much said goods cost...

Why are you on this niketalk then? Exactly my point so forwhever reason it maybe whether it's shoes, business, you are on here for a reason. Nothing wrong with spending or not spending that much money on a bag. The end result if you have a nice handbag you look fly, and if you have a cheap handbag you still look fly, it makes no difference it's about preference and interests. Ask yourself this, who the hell doesn't like nice things here and there? If you say you don't you are lying to yourself.

I like "nice" things, too. Sometimes I look at people though, and I see what they wear, you know, diamond earings or a real expensive pair of shoesand I think to myself, "wow, thats what they need to feel good." cause they don't feel that good without that stuff. That's wack that peopledon't feel good about themselves with out that glitter.

Originally Posted by Amunfei24

Originally Posted by Kingtre

but why though? why spend thousands on 1 bag when you could have plenty for cheap. That sounds stupid to me.

Like a dude who would spend $1k on some LV kicks when they could have spent that same amount on regular kicks and loafers.
roll.gif
roll.gif
NTers be so backwards sometimes...i mean i didnt wanna really get into this argument so ill just speak on this post

your own argument can be turned back on you...like your on NIKETALK....so "regular kicks" to you are extravagant to some...spending 100+ on jordans or following release dates and waiting in line can be seen as crazy and excessive when you can hit payless and get 2 for 20...they still cover your feet ...whats your excuse?

simping not simping tricking not tricking - you can debate that
but XXbrand kicks being too excessive while nikes being ok is ******ed...

typical nter "oh i can spend $400 on some air yeezys...but 800 for some lvs? thats crazy??"
ohwell.gif
But now you generalizing. I feel what u are saying but none of what you said pertains to me.

Ive never camped out for sneakers, and i have no passion for sneakers anymore

I havent copped a pair of sneakers in a year,and i refuse to buy a sneaker over $80. Even at $80 they have to be on sale because im cheap like that
laugh.gif

You are frugal and good luck to whomever is your gf bc she will be dissappointed when she finds out how cheap you are and how old are you?
o sorry for being a struggling 18 year old college student with no source of income and the only way i can pay for college is a scholarship andfinancial aid.

I dont have the luxury to cop everything and anything i want

Of course they do...

-$2k to these guys is a few seconds of work, why shouldn't they spend it.

-you're leaving out the pleasure aspect of it. what if their wives/gf's like designer bags because of the designs, texture, label, etc.

you're basically saying that luxury goods are silly.
eyes.gif

thankfully my girl isn't into such things...but there are occasions when a splurge is fine..
it's all about keeping your budget within reason.

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

...if she wanted it...and I could afford it... why not?

didnt expect that from dirty

/thread
woooooow

how many OTHER people said that? But because he said it, it's thread? Hope you was bein' sarcastic
laugh.gif

no sarcasm

dirty is like the ol wise man of NT. like something ya parents would say the opposite of what you wanna do

Back
Top Bottom