Have you ever bought a girl a designer bag?

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by got shoes

This all boils down to how much money you have. If its in your means, than its not a problem. If we was all rich this would be a different argument, because i think everybody would spend the dough if they had it.
It really does NOT boil down to how much money an individual has. Well, for me it doesn't. If I was making 100K, I still wouldn't spend $300+ on a damn purse for a woman.

You just one cheap man.
I am cheap but I also don't mind spending on things that are actually VALUABLE. An accessory that costs HUNDREDS of dollars is NOT a valuableitem. Clothing maybe, but it is an accessory.

Wife, or Jesus's wife. I wouldn't do it for ANYONE.

The most I would spend on an accessory will be a wedding ring

This all boils down to how much money you have. If its in your means, than its not a problem. If we was all rich this would be a different argument, because i think everybody would spend the dough if they had it.
It really does NOT boil down to how much money an individual has. Well, for me it doesn't. If I was making 100K, I still wouldn't spend $300+ on a damn purse for a woman.

not even for you wife?? so what do you spend money on?? I figure you collect shoes since you own the site, right?
No I don't collect shoes. At my peak I would probably buy 3 pairs of shoes per year. Never was REALLY into the shoe game like most dudes onhere. What do I spend my $ on? Food is my biggest expense BY FAR.

My biggest purchases in my life have been

Trip to a Caribbean Island
My used car

I am a saver for the most part and live WELL below my means.

Spending $ because you have it is NOT a good mentality to have.

No, none of the women in my family are really into that kind of stuff.
I don't even carry a purse anymore anyway.
Maybe a tote depending on where I'm going.

Originally Posted by Kingtre

Originally Posted by Master Zik

yea we know...its now cool to NOT cop sneakers...and nobody on this forum does anymore
laugh.gif
!#@ are you talking about? I'm talking about me fam. I never said it wasn't cool to buy sneakers. YOU'RE the one that brought up camping out for sneakers and staying on Harry Potter lines for footwear.

You stupid or something? That IS lame.
frown.gif

indifferent.gif

calm your @$# down...gonna jam one your fingers tryna type tough-

i made GENERALIZATIONS about the "sneaker community" as people from the outside would see it - just like some are making GENERALIZATIONS about the "designer bag/shoes/sneakers" community

i dont know you personally or know if you ever camped out or overpaid for sneakers but plenty here HAVE...and my statement was that it is no longer "cool" on nt when a few years back every other thread was about beasting on some overhyped release - my comments had to do with the whole quality/quantity thing
you'd be right cuz it might apply to some/most but in no way does this relate to my life.
you already agreed with me

fall back chief

Why would you reply to me after I specifically separated myself from everyone else? Especially with a sarcastic **$ comment. Talking aboutgeneralizations. Talking about typing tough and all this other malarkey. Calling me cheif
laugh.gif

What I said doesn't change. If you camping out for sneakers and waiting on Manhattan block long lines you are lame. Then or now. Don't matter.

You Mad? Take your generalizations elsewhere. They're not wanted.

You just one cheap man.
I am cheap but I also don't mind spending on things that are actually VALUABLE. An accessory that costs HUNDREDS of dollars is NOT a valuable item. Clothing maybe, but it is an accessory.

Wife, or Jesus's wife. I wouldn't do it for ANYONE.

The most I would spend on an accessory will be a wedding ring
this just shows how silly it is for anyone to argue with you - its all personal preference....so you like everyone else justify in your head thatthis item can be splurged on but that one cant-

its all personal preference-

i can go on a rant about inflated DeBeers diamond values and how silly it is and how materialistic it is and how the ring is just for a girl to show off, etcetc etc...the part of devils advocate can ALWAYS be played...

You just one cheap man.

And that's just disgusting.

You're either like 12 or you've never had a girl before. I've had girls who ain't even got it like that drop well over $100 on me.

LOL So let me get this right. I must either be 12 or never had a woman before because I am cheap? LOL Ok. If you must resort to illogical points to makeyourself feel better then go on right ahead
pimp.gif

LOL So let me get this right. I must either be 12 or never had a woman before because I am cheap? LOL Ok. If you must resort to illogical points to make yourself feel better then go on right ahead
pimp.gif
Ok. That was wrong of me bro. But you've never had a woman spend money on you? Do you tell her you don't want her to buy you anything?

Originally Posted by Dylishis

What is it with y'all?! Every time I see a post like this on here, I'd swear half this board BARELY likes women, if at all. That's not to imply that you guys are gay (not that there'd be anything at all wrong with it)
Funny you say that b/c I had a girl tell me the same think. Somebody told her about NT and the type of **** dudes say/do on here towards women andshe was like "That sounds homosexual"
laugh.gif

You just one cheap man.

You're either like 12 or you've never had a girl before. I've had girls who ain't even got it like that drop well over $100 on me.
So its disgusting to spend money now?
roll.gif

I want to spend my money right NOW, not when im 60... what am i going to need a LV wallet for wen im 60? lol
I bought my best friend a Bag for 600. and its just courtesy.. like hey thanks for always being there for me.. thanks for everything u've done.. this isthe least i could do.. i could have given her a card and she woulda been happy.. but thats just being cheap.

and for those dudes not dropping money on your wives... stop being cheap!! you're wives care for you.. cook for you... love you.. and you dont wanna dropa couple bills on a bag?
All girls no matter what they say.. will be happy to get gifts. depending on their interest.. if your girl is into bags and such... then get it for her man.shes your wife!

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Real talk...Do these "Rules" still apply to people such as A-Rod, Beckham, MJ, Tom Cruise.....ect ect...? ...You know...The 9 figure club?
Of course they do...

I mean, spending 2k of a bag...A BAG...no matter how much money you have, is silly.

Tell me, does a 2k bag make you fly, run faster, make you physically (not socially) more attractive, give you magical powers...? The answer to all thosequestions = NO.

A 2K bag will do the exact same thing that a $30-50-100 dollar bag at Macy's will do, mechanically speaking.

A 2K bag only functions as a STATUS SYMBOL (as already pointed out in the thread by ______), and nothing more. The question then becomes, why do people feelthe need display such symbols--does it make you feel more "valuable", worthy, accomplished, sexy...which then leads to--Why is it that your"self-worth", "social-confidence", and "individual-confidence" are dependent on material goods, and specifically, how much saidgoods cost...

Originally Posted by Whateversclever

You just one cheap man.

So its disgusting to spend money now?
roll.gif

I want to spend my money right NOW, not when im 60... what am i going to need a LV wallet for wen im 60? lol
I bought my best friend a Bag for 600. and its just courtesy.. like hey thanks for always being there for me.. thanks for everything u've done.. this is the least i could do.. i could have given her a card and she woulda been happy.. but thats just being cheap.

and for those dudes not dropping money on your wives... stop being cheap!! you're wives care for you.. cook for you... love you.. and you dont wanna drop a couple bills on a bag?
All girls no matter what they say.. will be happy to get gifts. depending on their interest.. if your girl is into bags and such... then get it for her man. shes your wife!

^^^this.

generally speaking...because i dont want to offend the sensitive types... i dont belive one can say what one would do if they had X amount of $ until theyactually have X amount of $. to someone making 10K $300 might seem like a very large some of money. to someone making 150k i dont think they would really worryas much about how to allocate those $300.
i understand some people are penny pinchers no matter if they make $10 a day or $10,000,000 but at certain thresholds the value of a $ is very diffrent. sowho's to judge whether one purchase is more foolish than the next

i've received a number of gifts, but i buy my own designer things.

just something about accepting expensive gifts from someone irks me. i'd much prefer the sentimental value over the monetary.

LOL So let me get this right. I must either be 12 or never had a woman before because I am cheap? LOL Ok. If you must resort to illogical points to make yourself feel better then go on right ahead
pimp.gif
Ok. That was wrong of me bro. But you've never had a woman spend money on you? Do you tell her you don't want her to buy you anything?
When we say spend money, define what you are referring to.

WOmen I encounter understand that I am a low maintenance individual and really don't want/need them doing things for me that a mother would do for theirkids. (IE... buying my game systems, clothes, etc....) Outside of special occasions, I don't want or need them. I tell women this up front.

I operate on my own rules man. I know it sounds crazy but I really don't need those things.

and for those dudes not dropping money on your wives... stop being cheap!! you're wives care for you.. cook for you... love you.. and you dont wanna drop a couple bills on a bag?
All girls no matter what they say.. will be happy to get gifts. depending on their interest.. if your girl is into bags and such... then get it for her man. shes your wife!
So if my wife IS NOT into bags, why should I "drop a couple of bills" on something she is clearly not into?

pimp.gif
When we say spend money, define what you are referring to.

WOmen I encounter understand that I am a low maintenance individual and really don't want/need them doing things for me that a mother would do for their kids. (IE... buying my game systems, clothes, etc....) Outside of special occasions, I don't want or need them. I tell women this up front.

I operate on my own rules man. I know it sounds crazy but I really don't need those things.

Naw it ain't crazy, you just being independent. But if you they knew you couldn't afford something would you tell them to take it back?

If that is MY woman and she is buying $100+ purses and she is financially struggling, of course I will speak up and try to convince her to return it.

Is that what you are asking?

So if my wife IS NOT into bags, why should I "drop a couple of bills" on something she is clearly not into?

Re-read what i wrote..

I brought my ex a Coach Bag for 3 bills. I sort of turned into an @@% hole since then and usually get rid of chicks before birthdays and Christmases now.

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Real talk...Do these "Rules" still apply to people such as A-Rod, Beckham, MJ, Tom Cruise.....ect ect...? ...You know...The 9 figure club?
Of course they do...

I mean, spending 2k of a bag...A BAG...no matter how much money you have, is silly.

Tell me, does a 2k bag make you fly, run faster, make you physically (not socially) more attractive, give you magical powers...? The answer to all those questions = NO.

A 2K bag will do the exact same thing that a $30-50-100 dollar bag at Macy's will do, mechanically speaking.

A 2K bag only functions as a STATUS SYMBOL (as already pointed out in the thread by ______), and nothing more. The question then becomes, why do people feel the need display such symbols--does it make you feel more "valuable", worthy, accomplished, sexy...which then leads to--Why is it that your "self-worth", "social-confidence", and "individual-confidence" are dependent on material goods, and specifically, how much said goods cost...
Yes it will make my girl fly
laugh.gif
shes soo flyyy =P

and Yes yes we all know that... status symbol, social confidence, individual confidence.. but foreal cut that out lol

Tell me how kanye west will rap about
"We'll buy a lot of clothes when we don't really need em
Things we buy to cover up what's inside
Cause they make us hate ourself and love they wealth"

but then he will go ahead and drop 50k at LV

Whoever said money doesnt make you happy.... is obviously broke.. if you got the money spend it.. what do you need it for after your dead? as the other dudesaid..

and if you say for my kids.. nah doggie.. my children will make their own money. just the same way i made my money.

Wait till I get my money right.....I'mma cop a Ferragamo bag and I don't give a dam 'bout the price tag
laugh.gif
Why do I want one? Cuz I've seen them, and I like them. I don't likeall brands, hell, I don't like most.

I think right now, a majority of the people in this thread can't fathom dropping 2k on a bag, cuz real *+!%, ain't NONE of us got it and we don'teven have the concept of how that couldn't be a lot. Of course it's foolish.......Buuuuut, there are those select few where 2k on a bag is likedroppin' 30 on a pair of jeans. Or droppin' 50 on a video game.....or droppin' 200+ on some Js.......... It's standard....you not trippin' cuz that's the standard on this particular level of life you happen to be on. Now some people think 30 is too much for jeans...they stillthinkin' around the 15-20 range. CUZ THAT'S THE LEVEL OF LIFE THEY'RE ON. Some people think it's dumb to drop 200+ on some Js.....CUZTHAT'S THE LEVEL OF LIFE THEY'RE ON.

Can't judge and call something dumb...if you got it, you got it. I'd only think it's foolish if someone feels that 2k missing from their account.

Back
Top Bottom