Having a hard time finding non skinny jeans. Do they still exist?

Originally Posted by KingOfSpades55

Man skinny's?........come on man the only thing close that I'd wear is Levis (514) slim straight.....but never skinny....don't do it man.
513's fit much better

I need to try 513's.  Rotation consists of 514's and a couple of 521's but the latter are a %%%*$ to find...
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by ksteezy

13 inch leg opening?
eek.gif

Yeah. I know how Hendrix feels. 520's can be tough to get my feet through sometimes
laugh.gif
But the fit is good, so long as I dont get my calves bigger. 521's/508's are the best out right now imo.

I think being a dude and trying on more than 10 pairs of jeans is the bigger problem
laugh.gif

569's for me.

styles change though, you gotta realize ppl that spend most of their disposable income on stuff like jeans are gonna be ppl that want to stay fashionable (mostly young kids). and who's wearing skinny jeans? the young kids. the youth really dictate style no matter how much we dislike it. we're acting like our parents acted when they saw us wearing baggy clothes.

might as well buck up, though, cuz it's only gonna get rougher.

I can't lie I feel the same way as the title says for the styles I like

I used to buy a lot of pre-distressed PRPS jeans a few years ago but it seems like their original, and probably baggiest, cut is now basically non-existent (most sill available are styles left over from previous years which I already have). I tried the barracudas but they were just to tight in the thighs for my liking, and couldn't hold all the things in my pockets I wanted to.   I've looked into brands in the same quality range, but its hard to find anything above a 38 waist, then let alone in a fairly loose fit. I live in NYC so I even went to the levis store a was looking at everything just to see what they offer. The selectins great if you like slightly tighter jeans, but like 99% of the most interesting washes and colors don't exists above a above a 36 in and aren't even made on anything above a medium skinny jean.   I tried on the one pair of real selvedge jeans they had in a 40 501 cut just to see how they fit, and it was fine, but I just don't need any raw jeans so it was basically pointless other than finding out I fit a 501 because I had no intention of buying.

It is just really hard to find anything in a relaxed fit in any style thats high quality. Even for chino pants I hit up the nyc flagship RRL and Polo Mansion often, but even then they never have anything for me to leave with. I actualy have a standing order for them to call me so they can special order anything in sz 40 that comes into their warehouses, so like once every two months or so they'll call me and say they were able to get their hands on one pair so if I wanna come down there and pre-pay they will order then for me usually sight unseen   Even then its like 50/50 I'm taking my money back after they come in because they just aren't my style.

I'm not wild overweight or 5x tall tee size by any means, I wear XL tees, so its just shocking it really is that hard to find better things in my size. Its not like LV, Gucci, or YSL where I undertstand that I'm in competition with Melo or whatever other rapper, baller, ghetto millionaire that wants one of the 5 size 58 or 60's jackets they make that year and they know if they call me to order me somehing, or because it JUST came in, I'm gonna get it. These is just pants... maybe nice or expensive ones, but I'm sure theres more then just me that will spend the cash for that style fit and quality.

I'm fairly informed already, but if anyone could direct me towards quality brands with things in high quality distressed japanese denim (not interessed in raw selvedge whatever, because I spent time breaking in jeans and it was just annoying to work to make my jeans look how i wanted), or even more new wave things like Selvedge Chino's, and ESPECIALLY well distressed work pants like RRL etc it would be greatly appreciated.  Let me know because I don't see 40 waist 32 length relaxed fit with a 9.5 in- 10in leg opening being all that crazy, and I'm actually gonna buy them 

Originally Posted by gil23

Jnco bro....
laugh.gif

It's really all or nothing out here... either you get the dope wash jeggings or you get loose fit Favre/Wrangler wash denim
laugh.gif
This is only applicable for stores... just try on the jeans for sizing there and then cop the same pair in the wash you like online
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Peep Game

I think being a dude and trying on more than 10 pairs of jeans is the bigger problem
laugh.gif

why??...
and have you guys even considered getting the jeans tailored to your liking??...might be extra money but worth the comfort....

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by Peep Game

laugh.gif

why??...
and have you guys even considered getting the jeans tailored to your liking??...might be extra money but worth the comfort....
I really thought dudes just know their exact size and stuff and shouldn't have to try on multiple clothes to figure out what
fits us, or is this about to get derailed into a "What defines being a man/gender roles thread"?

Back
Top Bottom