Hawaii NTers????

Just moved here and trynna see what's god for New Year's Eve or what's good with anything for the most part. I've been in a hotel down in Waikiki for the past three weeks and probably will be for a month more. The scene down here can get old sometimes.

Not from Hawaii, but did you just say its getting old?? after 3 weeks!?!? THREE!! man, Life on a tropical island must be tough 
laugh.gif

Haha agree with simba. Can't believe you're getting bored so soon. There is plenty to do on the island, you just gotta explore and make new friends.

Check www.dosomethingtonight.com ...They let you know what's poppin every day of the week in the 808. Shootz!

I mean the downtown Waikiki scene. I've literally been living in the middle of all this tourism everyday. My car just came in on the boat today so I haven't really been exploring as much as I should have been because I had a jeep that went through a tank of gas in about two days. It's mainly the living downtown in a hotel. I'm ready for my household goods to get here and to move into my house. Don't get e wrong. I love the beach/island life. But Waikiki is cool the first time and unfortunately I was just here on vacation in April. I'm looking to see what all the non-tourist are getting into.

Can you post pics of da wominz? Pardon me, I just read a ninjahood post 
laugh.gif
. but really though, post pics. 
nerd.gif

I have a best friend who lived there for 2-3 years and he said he loved it, but than I know some Hawaiians that I met when I was living in the Bay Area and they said they got tired of that kind of life.
I was curious about what the island life was like. New Years gotta be something serious in Hawaii.

Thanks for that site. I'll check it out. But not getting tired of being on the island, just downtown.

freakydestroyer ... I would post pics of the wominz but my wife wouldn't appreciate that. Even though she won't be moving out here til June but I'm a good man. Besides, most of the girls are small asian women. No hate but not really my thing. There are a few shockers though.

real life...

find a girl... pop a pill... go to the beach... roll around in the sand... sex... water... sex... fireworks

thats what i would do if i lived there....

Originally Posted by breezylocks

real life...

find a girl... pop a pill... go to the beach... roll around in the sand... sex... water... sex... fireworks

I take it you're a single man? I've been through one divorce and would like to avoid another because it really is cheaper to keep her!

Originally Posted by AJ fanatic

Thanks for that site. I'll check it out. But not getting tired of being on the island, just downtown.

freakydestroyer ... I would post pics of the wominz but my wife wouldn't appreciate that. Even though she won't be moving out here til June but I'm a good man. Besides, most of the girls are small asian women. No hate but not really my thing. There are a few shockers though.

fasho, your wife lurks NT?
nerd.gif

real life...

I take it you're a single man? I've been through one divorce and would like to avoid another because it really is cheaper to keep her!
Well damn 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

fasho, your wife lurks NT?
nerd.gif

I don't think she does and highly doubt it but better to be safe than sorry.

And here's what I get tired of down here in Waikiki. It's a big tourist trap and unfortunately I'm confined to this location until I move. But if I want to go to a decent restaurant to eat I have to wait a ridiculous amount of time because EVERY NIGHT, from 5 PM til midnight there is a huge line there. Unfortunately, living in a hotel, I have to eat out quite often. But like I said I love the island life, just not the touristy part of it!

I moved out here because I'm in the Air Force. Cost of living out here is ridiculous! Gas is still about $4 a gallon and everything is a lot more than in the CONUS. I'm supplemented pretty well though through my Cost of Living Allowance ($900 for an E-7 in the military with dependents) and my housing allowance is about $2600 a month.

Its funny because recently I've thought about moving out to Hawaii when I am financially stable. Probably to an area that doesn't attract as many tourist, but isn't completely out of the loop either. Any suggestions?

Honestly, I wouldn't say I'm familiar enough with the areas to give advice like that. I'm planning on livin in either Ewa Beach, Kapolei, Mililani or Wahiawa. These are typical suburban areas and there's a large military population there.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

real life...

Well damn 
laugh.gif

I have a friend that lives in Millilani Town. Says its a great place to avoid tourism,
and if you miss the city, it's only 20 mins away
and if you miss the beach, it's only 20 mins away
laugh.gif

Such a hard life!

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

Not from Hawaii, but did you just say its getting old?? after 3 weeks!?!? THREE!! man, Life on a tropical island must be tough 
laugh.gif
I was there for a week and a half and it never got old to me LOL.

Howzit my braddah - NT moke checking in... Yea get out of Waiks for new years, it sux, too much lights and drunk tourists making noise. Go down a ways to Ala mo beach park, watch the fireworks with ur bun or go down to aloha tower and check it out from there. But honestly just like anywhere else you should make plans, u don't want to be scrambling at 11:59...shoot

I don't remember where I heard this, but aren't some parts of Hawaii outside of the tourist areas dangerous. I know everywhere has bad areas, but just wondering what it's really like..

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

I don't remember where I heard this, but aren't some parts of Hawaii outside of the tourist areas dangerous. I know everywhere has bad areas, but just wondering what it's really like..

da ice run heavy in honolulu..

i remember seeing a crazy amount of hookers on the west side beaches of oahu.. lol.. it was 3pm in the afternoon 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KK Sl1der

I have a friend that lives in Millilani Town. Says its a great place to avoid tourism,
laugh.gif

Such a hard life!
Mililani is expensive as hell to live...  if u ain't making around 65-80k, there's no chance in hell you'll live comfortably there.  Ewa Beach is probably a lot cheaper, but further from the beaches and a lot of military brats.

Where u stay at OP? Hawaii is the happiest on earth.  People who live there are most content with their lives in all of North America, maybe the world. 

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

Originally Posted by KK Sl1der

laugh.gif

Such a hard life!
Mililani is expensive as hell to live...  if u ain't making around 65-80k, there's no chance in hell you'll live comfortably there.  Ewa Beach is probably a lot cheaper, but further from the beaches and a lot of military brats.

Where u stay at OP? Hawaii is the happiest on earth.  People who live there are most content with their lives in all of North America, maybe the world. 
I've always wondered what do most Hawaiians do for a living? From watching movies, it looks like most just chill on the beach ans surf
laugh.gif
, but I know that can't be true.

Back
Top Bottom