Hawaii NTers????

have fun on that drive to hana. it's pretty scenic but a PITA to drive when you're stuck behind some crappy drivers. might wanna check out the seven sacred pools and hamoa beach park has some nice water. there is one main store in hana and the prices are ridiculous.

Just got back from the drive....took us 12 hours to complete the whole thing with stops...ended up driving back at night and in the rain....creepy as hell!!!!! But fun nonetheless....Definately recommend everyone to do the drive on their own as opposed to a tour...the black sand beach, the different falls...the scenery...the pics I got are priceless!....ended the journey at the 7 sacred pools and turned back around....really caught a good scare swimming in the black sand beach, I'm a pretty good swimmer, but the current was wayyy too strong....at one point I felt like I was getting swept away....got out immediately....

The only thing I recommend I skip the garden of Eden...which is a waste of money IMO.

Very clean pics ksteezy! Looks like you're having a blast!! I still need to go to Haleakala! haha 

Any Hawaii members here? 

Oh... look what just came in today :smokin

Lived there from 2006-2009 best Place I ever lived
Grew up in SoCal
Lived in the bay for 6 years
Hawaii is the best!
Make friends with locals or people who used to live in the mainland.
Enjoy local food and the outdoor. Fireworks are nice @aloha tower Halloween is also fun in Waikiki. All the freaks come out.

School kine cookies> girl scout cookies
My favorite spots to grub
Tanoka for poke
Curry house ala moana
Bobs drive in on King Street
Thelma's special in Waipahu.

My home for 13 years. Grew up in AMR (Aliamanu Military Reservation) then moved to Salt Lake side. I miss it so much!

Last edited:
That my friend is what I like to call crack! :lol: No seriously, the best cookies I ever tasted in my life!

What's so great about them? I mean they can't be much different from Miss Field cookies?

Bro that's like saying Burger King's burger is no different from In N' Outs burger.

Just the taste, the texture, crunchiness around the edges, soft and chewy in the center, type of chocolate they use, how much they put in it.

I don't know... Something you just have to try for yourself if you ever go there.

Bro that's like saying Burger King's burger is no different from In N' Outs burger.
Just the taste, the texture, crunchiness around the edges, soft and chewy in the center, type of chocolate they use, how much they put in it.
I don't know... Something you just have to try for yourself if you ever go there.

I will try it some day. But for what it's worth. I think In N Out is overrated. :lol:

I will try it some day. But for what it's worth. I think In N Out is overrated. :lol:

Alright then Five Guys! :lol:

Cookie Corner is pretty good, they can sometimes get mediocre after a while, and it depends where you go...

Serious question. Let's say one day I decide to pack my bags and move over there? How am I supposed to make friends when I'm in my late 20s?

Are you serious? Making friends ain't that hard man. Don't be a weirdo, lame or cornball

I know, but it is a bit different when you know absolutely no one there and you are no longer in school. Plus it seems like everyone over there established their cliques or Ohana is what they call it there. I guess surfing classes is a good place to start?

Last edited:
It may seem hard to make friends, but it actually isn't. Everyone in Hawaii tend to be really friendly, and easy to talk to. And the answer to your question is if you were to move to Hawaii you will make friends no problem. Surfing classes would be an ideal place to make friends though.. 
glasses.gif

As far at poke goes, Taniokas takes it. Always fresh. And their plate lunches are always big and hearty. 

Last edited:
Serious question. Let's say one day I decide to pack my bags and move over there? How am I supposed to make friends when I'm in my late 20s?

Go watch North Shore and then do the exact opposite of everything the main character does.

Last edited:
Got a telephone interview at the hawaii department of health. Can anyone tell me my chances, and any tips if anyone happens to work there too? 

Back
Top Bottom