HBO Michael Jackson doc 'Leaving Neverland'

I hate that Michael’s legacy has to go through this. I honestly don’t believe he molested no kids. Everything that has been said has been pure speculation without any substantial proof to back it up. With R. Kelly, it’s different because this dude was out here flagrant scooping up teenage girls at the high schools of Chicago and was on Video Soul with a 15 year old Aaliyah wearing matching outfits on Video Soul. Michael seemed like a very generous and kind person, and i see him as a easy target for people to bully him into paying up for them not to sully his name. I also think these dudes involved in Finding Neverland are full of ish. I find it funny Oprah has this witch-hunt against Michael Jackson who isn’t even here to defend himself but is friends with Harvey Weinstein, who’s at the core nucleus of this Me Too movement and remains untouched.

I hear what you're saying but as M Mark Antony said, the optics of the whole thing were and still are really bad. You have a grown man with mental health problems, addicted to plastic surgery putting himself in a compromising situations with young boys whose parents have ZERO scruples.

Ideally Jackson's camp should've stepped in but they didn't want to risk losing the handouts.

Oprah is a snake, she's making money regardless of who she endorses. :smh:

I hate that Michael’s legacy has to go through this. I honestly don’t believe he molested no kids. Everything that has been said has been pure speculation without any substantial proof to back it up. With R. Kelly, it’s different because this dude was out here flagrant scooping up teenage girls at the high schools of Chicago and was on Video Soul with a 15 year old Aaliyah wearing matching outfits on Video Soul. Michael seemed like a very generous and kind person, and i see him as a easy target for people to bully him into paying up for them not to sully his name. I also think these dudes involved in Finding Neverland are full of ish. I find it funny Oprah has this witch-hunt against Michael Jackson who isn’t even here to defend himself but is friends with Harvey Weinstein, who’s at the core nucleus of this Me Too movement and remains untouched.
It's like Woody Allen

He made a movie about dating a 16 year old

Then he dated his daughter

Everyone acted surprised

Leaving Neverland Director Makes Dramatic U-Turn Admitting James Safechuck CAN’T Have Been Abused By Michael Jackson on Dates He Claimed
Filmmaker Dan Reed has admitted that the dates for the abuse given in his explosive documentary by Safechuck were 'wrong'

KH-COMPOSITE-MJ-TRAIN-STATION-1.jpg

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/87713...twitter&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1554195096

LEAVING Neverland director Dan Reed has sensationally admitted that the dates given by one of Michael Jackson’s accusers in his film are WRONG.

Filmmaker Reed was forced into an embarrassing U-turn after Jacko biographer Mike Smallcombe revealed the train station at the singer’s ranch was not built until 1994.

Leaving Neverland director Dan Reed - pictured with Jackson accusers Wade Robson, left, and James Safechuck - is now claiming some of the dates given in his film are wrong
In the doc, accuser James Safechuck claims he was abused from 1988 until 1992 and was molested in a room within the Neverland station.

Yesterday, Smallcombe tweeted out Santa Barbara County construction permits showing approval for the building of the structure happened in September 1993.

In response to Smallcombe's revelations, Reed tweeted: "Yeah there seems to be no doubt about the station date. The date they have wrong is the end of the abuse."

However, Safechuck has repeatedly claimed, in the documentary as well as in court documents and interviews, that the alleged sex abuse stopped in 1992 when he was aged 14.

Yeah there seems to be no doubt about the station date. The date they have wrong is the end of the abuse

Leaving Neverland Filmmaker Dan Reed
On Twitter, Smallcombe slammed Reed’s apparent attempt to change the accuser’s timeline.

He posted: “So @danreed1000 is now saying because the story has been debunked, suddenly the end of Safechuck’s abuse was when he was 16/17 rather than 14.

“It’s a three year discrepancy. Just hold your hands up, don’t change the story.

“This is what happens when you don’t investigate properly.”

Speaking with the Mirror, the biographer called the filmmaker’s response “embarrassing.”

He said: ““Firstly, I’m shocked that he's spoken on Safechuck’s behalf.

“And secondly, it’s embarrassing that he feels he has to now change the narrative of the film – which is that the alleged abuse stopped in 1992 – all because part of it has been disproved.”

Safechuck claims that he was molested in a train station in Neverland have been called into question

Smallcombe's tweet apparently debunking the train station claims prompted a response from Dan Reed

Jackson met accuser Safechuck on the set of a Pepsi commercial in the 1980s

Jackson biographer Mike Smallcombe has blasted Reed's response to his revelation about the train station

Speaking with the Mirror, he questions the Australian-born dancer’s account of being molested by the superstar in 1990 while his family visited the Grand Canyon.

Wade said he was left alone with Jackson for five days at the star’s Neverland Ranch in California.

But the youngster and his mother both defended Jackson while speaking to investigators in 1993 after 13-year-old Jordan Chandler accused the entertainer of sexual abuse.

Smallcombe claims it is this testimony that proves that Wade is not telling the truth.

He said: “His mother, Joy Robson, testified under oath in a deposition in 1993/1994 in relation to the Jordie Chandler case that Wade had actually gone with them on that trip to the Grand Canyon, before the entire family returned to Neverland for the second time the following weekend.

CHANGING STORIES
"Joy Robson had no reason to lie about this; she openly admitted that Wade stayed with Jackson alone on other occasions.”

Smallcombe added: “Her words in that deposition were, ‘We went to the ranch for the first weekend, and then we left and went to the Grand Canyon, and we toured. We came back to the ranch for the following weekend’.

“She was asked to elaborate on who had gone to the Grand Canyon, and she said ‘my family’. There was no mention of Wade staying behind.”

Jackson’s biographer then claims Joy said Wade had not stayed alone with Jackson at Neverland until 1993.

Wade Robson also testified in defence of Jackson during the Billy Jean songwriter’s 2005 trial in which he was cleared of molesting youngster Gavin Arviso.

In this court room testimony, the choreographer said that the only time he had stayed at Neverland without Joy was in either 1992 or 1993 along with other Jackson companions Macaulay Culkin and Chandler.

Smallcombe points out that Wade said that his sister had stayed in the same bed as him “the entire time” they were at Neverland the first time.

He says Joy corroborated that account when giving evidence in the same trial.

Smallcombe adds that Wade said he “did not know” whether his recollection of that night came from his own memory or if someone else had told him what happened.

Wade Robson alleges that Michael Jackson sexually abused him from the age of seven to 14.

Safechuck claims he was groomed and raped from age of 10 to 14 by the superstar.

Michael Jackson denied all allegations of sexual abuse made against him.

His estate has called the two-part documentary film "one-sided."

Michael Jackson paedo investigation cops were totally convinced superstar was sexually abusing young boys, Leaving Neverland producer claims

Safechuck made his shocking claims in the documentary Leaving Neverland

James spent years as one of Jackson's boy companions - and now claims he was repeatedly molested by the singer

Jackson allegedly abused Robson from the age of seven

Ever since the Leaving Neverlanddocumentary, Michael Jackson’s reputation has been permanently tarnished in the eyes of many. That said, there are some who are still defending Jackson, like his family. Now there is a new documentary called Neverland Firsthand: Investigating The Michael Jackson Documentary, in which Jackson’s family and others who were close to Jackson stand up for the singer.

The 30-minute film from journalist Liam McEwan was uploaded to YouTube on March 30, but it has gained wider attention in recent days. In the new documentary, Jackson’s niece, Brandi Jackson, said that she and Leaving Neverland accuser Wade Robson dated for over seven years, and she claims that Leaving Neverland is an example of him being opportunistic: “He has always been a bit of an opportunist. He knows how to position himself in different situations that will benefit him in a financial way. Once other jobs weren’t coming through, this was his next outlet.”

Jackson’s longtime technical director, Brad Sundberg, also spoke in the documentary, and said he is skeptical of the claims made against Jackson: “Not in a million years did I ever see a child around Michael Jackson that looked like they had been distressed, hurt, or abused. I can’t put my hand on a bible and say, ‘Absolutely nothing happened in that room.’ There just wasn’t a sense of [any] wrongdoing.”

McEwan wrote in the Neverland Firsthandvideo description:

Neverland Firsthand: Investigating The Michael Jackson Documentary is a mini-documentary which further explores allegations made in HBO’s Leaving Neverland, that the King Of Pop sexually abused two young boys. Through interviews with those closest to the situation, as well as members of Jackson’s family, the film sheds light on information that was excluded from HBO’s broadcast.

Sexual violence is never to be taken lightly.
This film was not made to degrade victims or devalue their statements.”

Watch Neverland Firsthand: Investigating The Michael Jackson Documentary below.

Anything to tarnish a black man’s name who just so happened to be biggest star in the universe. Shame on anybody who believed this **** in the first place.

Not believing the MJ accusers is dumb as hell lol what a hill to die on

Imagine little boys spending time with , cuddling with, a 25, 30 year old and choosing to give the benefit of the doubt to the 30 year old. Lol

At the end of the day though, you have to take this as what it is, entertainment. People get so perturbed by what entertainers do and say, it’s funny lol

Just goes to show you how great the music was.

As mentioned before, nobody else would given this amount of benefit of the doubt. Nobody else.

As you said, it is a wild "hill to pick." ( @youngogjosh )

Leaving Neverland Director Makes Dramatic U-Turn Admitting James Safechuck CAN’T Have Been Abused By Michael Jackson on Dates He Claimed
Filmmaker Dan Reed has admitted that the dates for the abuse given in his explosive documentary by Safechuck were 'wrong'

KH-COMPOSITE-MJ-TRAIN-STATION-1.jpg

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/87713...twitter&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1554195096
I stopped at CAN'T have been abused. Also didnt watch the documentary ... I just look at the situation from my parental eyes. Whatever happened or didnt happen i dont blame the kids i blame the parents. Wouldn't be my son idgaf

This IS It is on.
Man man man.
What a loss. What a shame.

The Grooves that man caught while performing, unreal.
Music is so powerful.

I hate it had to be the way it was.
Just unreal.
What a nightmare.

Never bothered to really watch that HBO doc cuz I didn't believe those lying accusers and corrupt parents.

Not surprised holes being poked in the story now.

Why do people assume they were lying off top? That's weird to me given the conditions but I understand how MJ is beloved.
I get it.

I know the powers that be can throw ANYTHING out there about any celebrity if they "step out of line." (We will never know what type of deals are done between talent and puppet masters)

But in the same token, it is wild as hell to have sleep overs with little boys.

So, I see both sides of it.

For sure I see it, but if you redacted names from this story and just put a "rich/famous man" there would be a lot more questions.

Why do people assume they were lying off top? That's weird to me given the conditions but I understand how MJ is beloved.
Cuz of the consistency of previous liars.

Like this isnt about murder which anyone is capable of. We talking about pedophilia and sexual abuse of minors.

For sure I see it, but if you redacted names from this story and just put a "rich/famous man" there would be a lot more questions.
Yea, I was talking to somebody about that. For some news stories, I wish all parties involved were anonymous so we could see/read/hear viewers TRUE/UNBIASED feelings on topics.

You can be inconsistent and not be lying. Not even saying they're telling the truth either, just the immediate and easy dismissal is a little wild. I think "famous man routinely hangs out with several young boys and whisks them away from their parents" is a situation worthy of a few questions all around, even if it turns out to be nothing.

I wasnt talking about their inconsistency in telling the truth.

I'm talking about the consistency of their lies. It always bears out at the end of these accusations. Like clockwork.

So again keeping in mind this isn't something like murder it isn't hard for me to dismiss this for what it is.

Also the whole take away the names and replace it with famous/rich person doesn't apply to MJ cuz this isn't the first time he was accused of this. Its only natural for past instances and false accusations to be taken in to account.

Back
Top Bottom