HBO SERIES SUCCESSION..... OH......SO NOW YALL TRYNA HOP ON THE BANDWAGON

C09A1D25-F3C0-414F-A2C3-675024AFD823.jpeg

I had to google this

"Matsson tweets, "Doderick macht frei." It's a very odd combination of Royco's mascot Doderick the Dog and the Nazi phrase "arbeit macht frei"—which translates to "work sets you free." The phrase was infamously posted above the entrance to the Auschwitz death camps during the Holocaust."

Wow. Good episode.

Hate to say it because I know what he is going through but Roman is unhinged right now. That outburst on Mattson last week was deserved but firing Joy and Gerri all willy nilly? The way he was barking at Gerri too :smh:

Shiv talmbout dark meat, playing bitey then smashing. That pregnancy got her feeling freaky :lol: BTW - her wagon and teddies were poppin this episode :smokin

IDK why but the matching flight jackets :rofl:

That keynote was soooo cringe to start but MY GUY Kendall got it together :pimp: Mattson went nuclear with that tweet but Kendall really outplayed him because the concept was positively received and he gave a very good answer on the spot

CE-Bros vs. Mattson in close quarters next week? My body is ready. Curious to see how much the stock actually popped.

Also, dumb question - it would probably take a re-watch (or a google :lol:) to figure out how everything actually played out from pilot to series finale but given they are talking about an election party, this season is currently in November 2024, correct?

CEBros are losers :lol::smh:

Ehhh, they are flawed human beings (more than your average) but at the end of the day neither has an ounce of corporate executive DNA in their bodies. Unfortunately, at some point Kendall and Roman decided they wanted to follow in their father’s footsteps and Waystar became a family business which thrusted them into roles that they have no business being anywhere near. It is actually quite sad.

It is also painfully obvious that of the three, Shiv is the most fit for a Chief Executive role even with her limited corporate exposure |l

These idiots must've been dumb to think they could keep talking to Rome the way they did now that Logan is gone. Of course he'd fire you :lol:

He literally has no one to chastise him on his mistakes (if they even are mistakes given Logan was gonna dump the old guard). Hilarious that Kendall was in full support though :lol:

Meanwhile Kendall is on another one of his power trip benders unchecked. This is just like when he tried to takeover with Stewy and that old guy and it spiraled to the point he got the help killed. Just making up numbers :lol: Then Rome and Shiv so down at him nailing the presentation.

Can't really trust Shiv. Feels to me they're writing her as hormonal on purpose. Getting with Tom. Having him sit in on talks with Mattsson. She needs to get her head right.

Last edited:
I have no issues with what Roman did, it didn’t
come across as unhinged to me. They were blatantly disrespecting him and you just don’t do that to your CEO, regardless of your past history.

Shiv is just being spiteful and vindictive. Plus she was looking gooey this episode. :smh:

Matson is just a ****ty character. He’s boring me at this point with his childish antics.

I just finished ep 5, and I'm a little confused on some things. Did that rant Roman went on actually work on Matsson, or is Shiv the actual reason they got the deal? The price of 192, is the million or billion? I couldn't see them be happy about 192 mil. Especially when they had 10 bil to buy Pierce.

I have no issues with what Roman did, it didn’t
come across as unhinged to me. They were blatantly disrespecting him and you just don’t do that to your CEO, regardless of your past history.

Shiv is just being spiteful and vindictive. Plus she was looking gooey this episode. :smh:

Matson is just a ****ty character. He’s boring me at this point with his childish antics.

I get not talking to your CEO that way but this isn’t a normal situation. He’s not fit to be a CEO at all and I get it is a television show but if anything he should be welcoming guidance in areas where he has no domain expertise from those with respect, deep experience and credibility in said domain. Instead he is just running around like a chicken with its head cut off and firing experienced folks on a whim. Furthermore, as Gerri said, there is protocol to letting folks at that her and Joy’s level go and he opened Waystar up to litigation. Also, like Karl said - they are moving knowing they have everybody’s d i c k in their hand but everybody is holding their d i c k s too so they need to tread lightly.

Again, it is television, but the company is ****show and a joke, man :lol:. I know that they made it such that Logan’s dying wish was for them to be Co-CEOs but I would imagine at some point the board could convene to have a vote of no confidence, similar to what Kendall did to Logan, and I don’t see a world where they have the votes with the board as currently (keyword) constructed.

I just finished ep 5, and I'm a little confused on some things. Did that rant Roman went on actually work on Matsson, or is Shiv the actual reason they got the deal? The price of 192, is the million or billion? I couldn't see them be happy about 192 mil. Especially when they had 10 bil to buy Pierce.

It was $192 per share. Sleuthing through morsels from previous seasons that would be a valuation of ~$125B but the purchase is 50% cash and 50% stock. I know in the past they said Kendall had a 2.5% equity stake so I imagine that it is the same for Roman and Shiv (Connor too).

I am not sure if they divulged what happened to Logan’s equity stake after passing but it may have just gone to Marsha.

I get not talking to your CEO that way but this isn’t a normal situation. He’s not fit to be a CEO at all and I get it is a television show but if anything he should be welcoming guidance in areas where he has no domain expertise from those with respect, deep experience and credibility in said domain. Instead he is just running around like a chicken with its head cut off and firing experienced folks on a whim. Furthermore, as Gerri said, there is protocol to letting folks at that her and Joy’s level go and he opened Waystar up to litigation. Also, like Karl said - they are moving knowing they have everybody’s d i c k in their hand but everybody is holding their d i c k s too so they need to tread lightly.

Again, it is television, but the company is ****show and a joke, man :lol:. I know that they made it such that Logan’s dying wish was for them to be Co-CEOs but I would imagine at some point the board could convene to have a vote of no confidence, similar to what Kendall did to Logan, and I don’t see a world where they have the votes with the board as currently (keyword) constructed.

Go rewatxh what actually happened. When your boss comes asking for answers about your projects, you’re not in a position to be condescending and dismissive. And then on top of that tell him how to run a division that you’re not working under.

She was out of line.

Back
Top Bottom