HBO SERIES SUCCESSION..... OH......SO NOW YALL TRYNA HOP ON THE BANDWAGON

It’s likely that Kendall would’ve been ****ed either way. If Greg didn’t spill the beans, Kendall wouldn’t have had enough votes. But also because he spilled the beans, Kendall was able to rope in Shiv.

Shiv and Tom talk and it’s revealed Mattsson was picking Tom. I doubt Tom would have told Shiv that until he found out that Shiv knew what Mattson was up to. With that knowledge, Shiv was more confident in making the decision to screw over Kendall. Maybe if the auction scene hadn’t happened at all and Tom and shiv never spoke before the vote, Kendall would’ve have a chance, but that’s a lot of ifs :lol:
Only way Ken could've spun it in that situation is if right before the board meeting he let Shiv know its not her and kinda forced her hand to vote for him.

In the end, she was just very emotional with her actions (blame the pregnancy). She had time to cool down after being so mad when she found out it wasn't her. Had she found out closer to the vote she may have voted for Ken purely out of spite.

Only way Ken could've spun it in that situation is if right before the board meeting he let Shiv know its not her and kinda forced her hand to vote for him.

In the end, she was just very emotional with her actions (blame the pregnancy). She had time to cool down after being so mad when she found out it wasn't her. Had she found out closer to the vote she may have voted for Ken purely out of spite.

The only thing about that strategy is wouldn’t she have known it wasn’t her prior to the vote regardless of if Ken waited because Tom would have dropped that it was him at the auction?

At that point she would have to decide if she believed Tom or not (I imagine she would have) and maybe she goes to Ken with the information and he confirms that he heard they were interviewing other candidates. The information overload + pregnancy emotions could have played in his favor. I guess I’m just saying that I think with or without Ken breaking the news night beforehand, she knows . Unless you are suggesting that he break it before Tom did like enroute to the auction.

It would take some big balls to sit on the intel but when you’re negotiating with someone that hostile, it might be worth it to not let them stew on it.

The only thing about that strategy is wouldn’t she have known it wasn’t her prior to the vote regardless of if Ken waited because Tom would have dropped that it was him at the auction?

At that point she would have to decide if she believed Tom or not (I imagine she would have) and maybe she goes to Ken with the information and he confirms that he heard they were interviewing other candidates. The information overload + pregnancy emotions could have played in his favor. I guess I’m just saying that I think with or without Ken breaking the news night beforehand, she knows . Unless you are suggesting that he break it before Tom did like enroute to the auction.

It would take some big balls to sit on the intel but when you’re negotiating with someone that hostile, it might be worth it to not let them stew on it.
Tom wasn’t gonna say anything until shiv told him that she knew Mattsson wasn’t picking her

Possibly but if it’s the day of and she still doesn’t know Tom may not want to be the one to tell her both things.

Everybody came in knowing Shiv knew what was up and was on Ken’s side. Mattsson was planning on telling Shiv last minute or just screwing her over on the spot when it’s time to sign.

1686109780235.png

^^^that scene pumped me up so much......watched it a bunch of times.......recall what logan told him , you're not a killer, you have to be a killer.....and BOOM ken sliced him up

strong said that he thought what sent ken to go for kill was less power and rather logan calling the kid that died No real person involved....

Disgusting Brothers :pimp:

:pimp: :pimp:

It trips me out every time I think about it and realize that Greg is Tom's wife's (estranged) cousin because he really feels more like a brother-in-law since he is one of the key role players in the family.

Finally got a moment to watch the finale.
Shiv Gon Shiv. Just envious it wasn't going to be her... :smh::smh::smh:

Never expected any of the kids to win though, as I said earlier in the thread.

But, i'm really interested to see if any of these actors can make a name for themselves outside this show. This has clearly been the shining moment of their careers, with their Emmy wins & whatnot, but can they turn it into something else?

PO

It really depends on if they can get another hit or not, which doesn't seem like a lot of people are able to do. Only recent people I can think of with that hit show TV acclaim that sort of kept it rolling with visible projects is maybe Bryan Tyree Henry.

Actually how did I forget Pedro Pascal. I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting.

Last edited:
Strong is going back to Broadway for 2024. I could see Culkin having a hard time because everybody will think of Rome.

Think MacFadyen will be the winner out of this show.

I’m late to the game.

Just watched all 4 season over the past two weeks or so. This is the show most closely i’ve felt similar to as when I watched Entourage back in the day.

Entourage was perfect as a college kid.

This show is perfect as a late 30s guy.

Tom and Greg aka disgusting bros so lol. I feel a little let down in general nothing really panned out just a house of fluff and cards. Thought Logan would have some plan behind it all but nope. Kendall recanting on the waiter kid randomly. Think that’s what was good about this show it was all the right levels of nothing actually works out the way people scheme and plan for it. Tom with that spineless patience is lol. Same with Hugo. Those are the sort of guys that truly do succeed in corporate America.

Gotta let it sink in a bit more.

Shiv going full beserk women there at the end wasnt too surprising. Def thought Romulus and Gerri would patch it up they were too strange not to. I dunno.

Finally finished the series today. As someone who works in corporate America for a real life Waystar/Royco (LVMH), this series seriously hit home. I enjoyed all the twists and turns.

what’s crazy is all the shenanigans that go on for this show isn’t far fetched in real life corporate culture.

Last edited:
Finally finished the series today. As someone who works in corporate America for a real life Waystar/Royco (LVMH), this series seriously hit home. I enjoyed all the twists and turns.

what’s crazy is all the shenanigans that go on for this show isn’t far fetched in real life corporate culture.
Yeah the show, specifically Logan is loosely based on Rupert Murdoch

Back
Top Bottom