HBO The Idol | The Weeknd & Lilly Rose Depp | Co created by Sam Levinson | Sunday 9PM

Tedros a cult leader and aspiring music executive

episode 2 :smokin

You think they going to go show their hand and try to be explicit, with possible supernatural stuff/rhythm/influence etc? Cuz I see the obvious “spiritual” vibe to the show. As well as a mysterious being using music as the avenue to spread his message/grow his cult. Multiple layers there. I like where they could potentially go with it.

Tedros prolly going to expose the cult that Johnny Depp daughter is already in, even further. The snappy white lady with the glasses, seems dark as hell….

And Tedros and Asian shawty finessing too.

Sam fooled them in to thinking they had another Euphoria on their hands.

Not many HBO darlings even get to have another show while their hit show is ongoing. Not Winter, Milch, or even Simon.

And all this really gonna result in its Euphoria being pushed back even further.
You should read about the production issues this show had

Like 75% of the show was filmed and then Sam came in, and made major changes, including with the cast

Weeknd thought the previous version focus too much on the cult aspect and was too female-focused

People on set apparently had to talk Sam outta putting even more outrageous sexual **** in the show

Like 75% of the show was filmed and then Sam came in, and made major changes, including with the cast

Weeknd thought the previous version focus too much on the cult aspect and was too female-focused

People on set apparently had to talk Sam outta putting even more outrageous sexual **** in the show

So this is the real reason why people are acting like this, about the show :lol:

I’m actually MORE EXCITED for how this show is going to turn out. Like I said, it seems like people are rooting for this to fail, for reasons outside of the show itself. 2 episodes in…it’s straight. Let’s see where they build. The ratings and talks about it right now…are OD in a negative way. And we don’t even know if weekends direction is “bad”….per se. He went big on em tho 🤣

And i don’t even think the nudity/sex scenes were THAT bad in the first two episodes. Look at the comments :lol:.

1F4DD93C-7787-4FE4-A567-055A08AA10FE.jpeg

BF4654C3-097F-4E10-A0C6-5715553C451C.jpeg

This was known though, was talked about in the marketing for the show

We going to get his backstory at some point. That’s clearly a surface level backstory.

So this is the real reason why people are acting like this, about the show :lol:

I’m actually MORE EXCITED for how this show is going to turn out. Like I said, it seems like people are rooting for this to fail, for reasons outside of the show itself. 2 episodes in…it’s straight. Let’s see where they build. The ratings and talks about it right now…are OD in a negative way. And we don’t even know if weekends direction is “bad”….per se. He went big on em tho 🤣

And i don’t even think the nudity/sex scenes were THAT bad in the first two episodes. Look at the comments :lol:.

1F4DD93C-7787-4FE4-A567-055A08AA10FE.jpeg

BF4654C3-097F-4E10-A0C6-5715553C451C.jpeg

Dude some people also just think the show is bad, for honest reasons. You gotta accept that

You like it, cool

I for one am giving it a chance, but it is subpar for what is supposed to be a top-tier HBO drama

**** just ain't all that good. Subpar HBO dramas get a lot of criticism is nothing new.

Levinson and Weeknd acting goofy might have people upset from the jump, but there seems to be a lot of fair criticism out there for it.

Like the leads are not very strong actors. The side characters have more acting talent but they are not given much.

We going to get his backstory at some point. That’s clearly a surface level backstory.

We will see

I mean they have to, but from my understanding, they cut back on the cult aspect of the show when they redid the show

Last edited:
Since this show is in the Euphoria universe, Sam might be able to spark some interest with a couple of cameos

Tedros a cult leader and aspiring music executive

This was known though, was talked about in the marketing for the show

Yea, people are talking about how cringe the bj scene is, but is it so far off from stories we've already heard about the music industry /Hollywood?

Honestly, having following The Weeknd since the beginning of the mix tapes, and so far, it's on par for his image. I love it.

Yea, people are talking about how cringe the bj scene is, but is it so far off from stories we've already heard about the music industry /Hollywood?

Honestly, having following The Weeknd since the beginning of the mix tapes, and so far, it's on par for his image. I love it.
Famb, the concept for the show is interesting. And I hoped it presented it in an interesting way.

A slow-burn extended Weeknd music video concept doesn't seem that interesting to me

Right…and Maybe I’m desensitized….but a “slurping sound” on a BJ on HBO is LIIIIIIIIIIIGHT in 2023. I see worse **** on TLC :lol:

Dude some people also just think the show is bad, for honest reasons. You gotta accept that

You like it, cool

I for one am giving it a chance, but it is subpar for what is supposed to be a top-tier HBO drama

**** just ain't all that good. Subpar HBO dramas get a lot of criticism is nothing new.

Levinson and Weeknd acting goofy might have people upset from the jump, but there seems to be a lot of fair criticism out there for it.

Like the leads are not very strong actors. The side characters have more acting talent but they are not given much.

We will see

I mean they have to, but from my understanding, they cut back on the cult aspect of the show when they redid the show

Nah. I disagree. I think the way people are reacting is with the controversy in mind. That’s been the loudest voice and loudest criticism coming from there.

They are fine to not like it. As are you. I’m making a commentary on some of the backstory behind it, and how I see people reacting to it when actually talking about the show. 2 diff things

I liked the first episode, I find it hard to see what the second episode brought.

You think they going to go show their hand and try to be explicit, with possible supernatural stuff/rhythm/influence etc? Cuz I see the obvious “spiritual” vibe to the show. As well as a mysterious being using music as the avenue to spread his message/grow his cult. Multiple layers there. I like where they could potentially go with it.

Tedros prolly going to expose the cult that Johnny Depp daughter is already in, even further. The snappy white lady with the glasses, seems dark as hell….

And Tedros and Asian shawty finessing too.

not sure where they going but spiritual” vibe / connection could be the vehicle

Tedros most definitely trying to replace and cut off her current circle

He Already talking about moving in :lol:

Nah. I disagree. I think the way people are reacting is with the controversy in mind. That’s been the loudest voice and loudest criticism coming from there.

They are fine to not like it. As are you. I’m making a commentary on some of the backstory behind it, and how I see people reacting to it when actually talking about the show. 2 diff things
This show sits at the premiere Sunday night slot for HBO. Which recent dramas given this level of push do you think this show is good as?

You think this is Last of Us good? Succession good? Euphoria good?

Subpar HBO dramas getting shade is nothing new.

Famb, the concept for the show is interesting. And I hoped it presented it in an interesting way.

A slow-burn extended Weeknd music video concept doesn't seem that interesting to me

Word, I feel you on the last statement. I kinda feel like it's gonna tie into all of that in some type of way. I look at it as The Weeknd project featuring Sam and HBO 🤣.

You think this is Last of Us good? Succession good? Euphoria good?

Subpar HBO dramas getting shade is nothing new.

Def not Euphoria S1 good, and this is probably why it's getting so much hate.

Yeah I heard about that. I still want to see what that original pilot/first episode was like compared to what we got.

I can see why people dont like the show but im a fan. The Weeknd is my favorite artist but i didnt expect this show to be any good honestly but from what i seen so far i like it.

The episode soundtracks drop on Apple Music after the episode airs. Devil’s Paradise is dope.

Back
Top Bottom