HBO: "Watchmen"...Season 1 Discussion...Season 2 Up in the Air... :)

At the end Agent Blake straight up tells him after he takes credit for saving the world twice “you keep saying the world gonna end but it doesn’t happen”.

The irony too of him destroying his own daughter is she is just like him. He was saying all these thing about her but it was like “dude it could be yourself”.
I wanted Ozy to say " Cuz I keep saving it!".

You gotta see the beauty and think back cuz Doc Manhattan as far back as the end of Watchmen saw that Adrian would save the world again. So he knew the right time he'd be fed up with the world, stranded him on Europa for 10 years so he'd be out of play, and knew that his own daughter would bring him back to Earth just so he would stop her.

Ozy had a real nonconfrontational demeanor when she brought him back and saw her plan was about to succeed. Dude was plotting the entire time. You see what he says about her when he figures out why Jon sent him back to his base.

I can catch this blindly without any prior knowledge to the comics/movie, right? Reading on Twitter the finale was a masterpiece :nerd: .
Nahhh u gonna wanna watch the animated comic posted a few pages back. Its alot of backstory and context the show drops you in the middle of, it literally picks up after the comic/movie......

Loved the finale, and how cool would it be for them to just end with 1 season. No need to money grab or dilute the story.

like someone mentioned, i didnt even want this but it was so good.

this was such a satisfying extension to the original, I know moore was absolutely against it but man this was done PROPER.

maybe in a couple year they do another chapter?👀

When angela asked manhattan why he didn’t teleport her to help the others and he said “because i don’t want to die alone”
Screen_Shot_2019_11_26_at_10.15.09_AM.png
:rofl:

I liked it. Shame on me for not realizing hooded justice was Lou Gossett Jr until reading the credits :smh:

Don’t think I’d watch another season

Soooo....what the hell was up with the elephant?
link
What’s the deal with the elephants?

They’re a symbol of the historical Lady Trieu, who was said to ride an elephant into battle. (She was also said to have 3-foot-long breasts that she tied behind her back before going into battle, so who knows.) Watchmen’s Lady Trieu has adapted an elephant for her company logo, suggesting both her namesake and the memory-related work she did during the Nostalgia years. She also uses them as spinal fluid donors in the treatment process for Nostalgia overdoses.

Soooooooo would season 2 be ozy, bian, some version of lady trieu, some version of the white boy senator or dr Manhattan’s creations be the bad guys?

Or you dealing with the fallout of arresting ozy and maybe the president

then maybe the truth coming out to everyone.. and also people realizing Manhattan is gone

S2 would be Angela flexing her Manhattan powers with guidance from Hooded Justice.

There is no trial or arrest of the president. Agent Blake is murdered on the job suspiciously. Looking Glass is dead or can not be found or is on the run/gone underground.

Just like s1 had semi-new threats I'd like a small timeskip and some new antagonists.

Gotta assume Angela tries to lay low-ish for the kids and don’t want things to get too weird for them

but assuming ozy gets locked up, he’s going try to get out.. so gotta be something with that.. lady trieu’s mom is still there and I guess gets her fortune and tech, also whatever the deal is with sucking up Manhattan and what clones they have stored

something new does have to come.. and I assume something has to force Angela out and more than just protect her kids mode.. plus the son really now knows about even just sista knight and he had little moments that could show his smarts

Good money sayS they would introduce Nite Owl II, who’s currently in prison.

Could also see them going with a larger scale storyline that focuses on the global fallout from learning the truth about NYC/Redford.

TBH tho, I think this should just be a one hitter and leave it at one season. Don’t ruin a good thing for the sake of money.

Back
Top Bottom