HBO's Game of Thrones: Season 2 Official Thread *Ep. 10* "Valar Morghulis" 6/03 @9pm ET/PT

Originally Posted by Lieutenant Kif

It was mentioned, in both the book and the show I believe, that the return of dragons gave a huge boost to the Pyromancers. They were able to develop wildfire much much easier. I think the wildfire was more powerful as well.
Thanks for pointing that out.  My memory sucks, I don't even remember that.  Maybe I should read the books again.
All 3 dragons are male.  No female dragons around to lay any more eggs.  Maybe there are other eggs similar to Dani's out there.  Master Illyrio was able to get them from somewhere.

for those of you who have READ ALL the books i have some questions

Spoiler [+]
how do you think the series will end? do you think Aegon Targaryen (aegon vi) will eventually become king? or Dany? Do you see them continuing the incest to prolong the bloodline? Bran or Rickon retaking Winterfell? 

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

This discussion is better left for a brand new book related thread.  a lot has been spoiled already in here, but lets try to minimize it moving forward for the folks who have not read the books yet.

if you want to discuss this, im sure there are some people here (myself included) willing to write a wall o text in response to your questions.

That's why I directed the questions to those like you who have great knowledge of the books,more important I put the spoiler. Anyone who hasn't read ALL of the books and clicks on the spoiler is doing it simply because they want to.

GRR Martin has shown that it doesn't matter what you think will happen. He'll do whatever he feels like and you'll love him for it lol

That's why I directed the questions to those like you who have great knowledge of the books,more important I put the spoiler. Anyone who hasn't read ALL of the books and clicks on the spoiler is doing it simply because they want to.
laugh.gif
 i get what youre saying, but as addictive as this series its, its almost like putting a buncha crack rocks on the table and looking the other way, and then blaming a recovering drug addict when they relapse.  no need to tempt people.

Originally Posted by Vendetta

GRR Martin has shown that it doesn't matter what you think will happen. He'll do whatever he feels like and you'll love him for it lol
Imagine if somehow Hodor became the king of the Seven Kingdoms 
eek.gif
.  Hodor!  Hodor!
In all seriousness, there's just way too many storylines and people fighting for the throne to guess who will be the last one standing.  In the last few books some power players have shown up that will cause even more craziness.  There are also small pieces that have been put into place that i'm sure will have some significance.  I'm really jealous that the showrunners already know how it all ends 
mad.gif

Originally Posted by toine2983

I could understand skipping book 1 if you've watched Season 1 of GOT because they did a perfect adaptation of the 1st book.

This true?

Originally Posted by Nawzlew

I could understand skipping book 1 if you've watched Season 1 of GOT because they did a perfect adaptation of the 1st book.

This true?
It is but to see what happens and hear everyone's thoughts about whats occurring makes book 1 worth the read. It's like watching a movie with the commentary on 

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

Originally Posted by Nawzlew

This true?
It is but to see what happens and hear everyone's thoughts about whats occurring makes book 1 worth the read. It's like watching a movie with the commentary on 
I personally couldn't get into book 1 as heavily as 2-5 because season 1 did such a good job.

Forreal...just read the prologue to Book 2 and you'll already see how much more involved and different it is from season 2.

to me Lord of the Rings was the genre. IT WAS fantasy and magic. period.
Until I watched this series (will read the books).
It was something I think no one thought was possible. To out-genre LOTR.
GoT is No.1 for me and lightyears ahead of LOTR...
Such a masterful thing to behold.

Originally Posted by Tdogg2k

I never read or seen the LOTR movies.

after GoT tho am I even missing anything?

The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings and the universe surrounding it is the greatest fantasy story ever.

People saying GoT out genre'd it are prisoners of the moment.  With LOTR the genre wouldn't even exist.  Add in as well that those books were written 70 years ago (during World War 2 and published in the 50s) and still hold up with or without the visual accompaniments (a feat that GoT is yet to prove).  LOTR also appeals to age groups and cultures universally.  It basically is WW2 with Orcs.

People just like Game of Thrones more because it's more adult, has raunchier sex and death scenes, and is currently getting adapted.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings and the universe surrounding it is the greatest fantasy story ever.

People saying GoT out genre'd it are prisoners of the moment.  With LOTR the genre wouldn't even exist.  Add in as well that those books were written 70 years ago (during World War 2 and published in the 50s) and still hold up with or without the visual accompaniments (a feat that GoT is yet to prove).  LOTR also appeals to age groups and cultures universally.  It basically is WW2 with Orcs.

People just like Game of Thrones more because it's more adult, has raunchier sex and death scenes, and is currently getting adapted.

Yup.  

Originally Posted by Bandit Country

LOTR is like the Beatles. Even if you don't like it, you best respect it.

I had typed out a The Beatles analogy, but was worried I'd get ripped for it being cheesy
laugh.gif

After all, NT doesn't know who Paul McCartney is.

lol im sorry fellas I wasn't dissing LOTR just honestly asking if I should watch the movies... I would read books. but im starting to have less and less time to read with my job now.

The Hobbit is one of the most anticipated movies of all time.  I'm not a big LOTR dork like I am a GOT dork but i'll definitely be watching it.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

I agree with you with what LOTR is. Trust me, my Legolas action figure knows.
But the politics in GoT is just so real. I like it a lot better. With LOTR, I slept
in the theaters while watching Two Towers (the huge battle scene to be exact).

I guess I just like story and complex characters better because it gets real. I don't
need stunning visuals or grand battles. Story-wise, GoT >
Of course that is my preference and opinion. No need to talk down or act like you
"know" like I was just born a minute ago.
laugh.gif

lol im sorry fellas I wasn't dissing LOTR just honestly asking if I should watch the movies... I would read books. but im starting to have less and less time to read with my job now.

You should, they're great movies.
I didn't even watch them till about a year ago because I wasn't a huge fan of the fantasy/magic genre .. Or I wasn't that aware of it ... Mad at myself for waiting that long tho.

finally finished book 5, i cant find the thread that had book discussion in it on the new nike talk and what was the website westeros something.. that had the theories for the next few books?

Back
Top Bottom